It's the final countdown!!!!!!!

00-Race-Car1.jpg

Mazda6_Diesel_Racecar_00-668.jpg

OLOA-2013-11AR0819-00.jpg

I don't know as you can see on right of my picture (well ok it's in french but you can figure :P) I didn't started online yet.
But there are already lap world records on several circuits and car categories.
Kudos to you my friend for adding the sticky note with your name on it:tup:👍

Global release for Steam (PC Digital Download) is tomorrow (actually Thursday morning @ midnight)
Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a PC rebuild. The hardware I've got right now won't cut it. It's a six year old machine I haven't touched in five years. Thanks for the rub in though. J/k!

Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a PC rebuild. The hardware I've got right now won't cut it. It's a six year old machine I haven't touched in five years. Thanks for the rub in though. J/k!

Yeah, I JUST went through the same process. My old system is now 10 years old (but still going strong for most day to day functions). :eek:

Tiger Direct is your friend! I built a brand new system (mid-Range, but upgradeable) for the price of a PS4. Specs on the new system are:

• AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Black Edition
  • Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 AM3+
  • 12GB DDR3 RAM 1600MHz (can take up to 32GB)
  • Zotac nVidia GT630 Synergy Edition 2GB DDR3
  • 1TB WD SATA II
  • Logitech G27 w/ Nixim mod

It will run pCARS well on a mix of medium/high settings (tested with an older build). The CPU can be upgraded to the latest FX-8350 as soon as budget allows, as can the video card. It get's me going for now without having to pay for PS4 AND new wheel (G27 came brand new with GT6 in Dec 2013) and once the bank account has recovered from that, I can upgrade it so I can enjoy ULTRA settings.

Sorry for the "rub"..... I was only trying to be helpful by confirming the dates... :(. I know it's painful, but there was no gentle way to say it... :lol:

Do you guys know if a 4670k + gtx 780 will run ultra on 1080p?

I can't confirm it with any certainty because I am an AMD CPU guy for the past several years. I'm not sure how the Intel CPU compares. Your GTX780 should have no issues. If not on Ultra, then you will at least be fine on high.

Trust me when I say that even on MEDIUM the game looks absolutely fantastic, so running high vs. ultra isn't a huge loss. The difference will be mainly in the very fine details such as rain, particles, etc.

I can't confirm it with any certainty because I am an AMD CPU guy for the past several years. I'm not sure how the Intel CPU compares. Your GTX780 should have no issues assuming it has 2GB (or more?). If it's only 1GB it will limit you a bit more. If not on Ultra, then you will at least be fine on high.

Trust me when I say that even on MEDIUM the game looks absolutely fantastic, so running high vs. ultra isn't a huge loss. The difference will be mainly in the very fine details such as rain, particles, etc.

Awesome. Im actually bringing down my gaming pc to test the game in my home theater room which has my driving chair/g27 in it. I didn't think my htpc would cut it. Would you guys say a 3770k + gtx 560ti be able to do medium settings?

Do you guys know if a 4670k + gtx 780 will run ultra on 1080p?
It will run, but likely won't maintain 60fps in the most stressful situations. Huge grids and/or weather at the start and when cars are bunched up. All you can do is try it out and see what works for you. I'm going to crank up my GTX970 as high as possible and I'll put up with some frame rate inconsistencies at the start of a race, and enjoy a solid 60 fps for the majority of the race that isn't at the start.

It will run, but likely won't maintain 60fps in the most stressful situations. Huge grids and/or weather at the start and when cars are bunched up. All you can do is try it out and see what works for you. I'm going to crank up my GTX970 as high as possible and I'll put up with some frame rate inconsistencies at the start of a race, and enjoy a solid 60 fps for the majority of the race that isn't at the start.
Ahh ok, i will prob have to drop some of the eye candy then. I don't know if i will like stutters in a racing game

Nice! I wish the budget hadn't dried up when it came time for the video card. That's the main thing holding my system back right now. Luckily, the racing experience is more important to me than the pretty graphics, so I don't mind reducing the visuals for now. I knew the budget was tight though, so I made sure I built something that has room for growth.

I should also now apologize for turning this countdown thread into the PC Hardware requirements thread...... bad, bad f1racer68!

OMG!!! Someone was listening to me and accelerated time!

upload_2015-5-6_15-11-34.png

That means I will have to skip supper tonight, but oh well..... wife wants me to diet anyways. :D

Back