IZOD IndyCar Series | Champions - JoeOfTheFire & Team Penske

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 1,454 comments
  • 61,052 views

Where should we go for Round 7?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, couple of things. I can race tonight but would be under a different psn. Is that cool?

Plus for tonight I only have access to a red FGT. Again is that cool?

I would still be driving for Team Penske of course.

Yeah that's cool mate, no worries just shoot me a FR 👍

How come you've gotta use a different account?
 
Round my mates tonight. Joe knows him.

His PSN is D4LVY_. We think their is only the one hash.

Might not be in the room till about 11:15 or so.

Nice one.
 
Round my mates tonight. Joe knows him.

His PSN is D4LVY_. We think their is only the one hash.

Might not be in the room till about 11:15 or so.

Nice one.

Yep, can confirm it's D4LVY_ with one underscore, his PSN is in my "players met" list.
 
Unfortunately my grandma has to watch some retarded romantic comedy so I can't be at the race to photograph it
 
I'll just remind you of the the magic numbers and specific rules for Indy tonight.

Power - 848bhp
Weight - 690kg
Tires Allowed - Comfort Hard
Transmission - Reset transmission to default, then set the max speed at the bottom to 236, then put your final gear at 4.212, and 7th gear at 1.366.


Pace Lap Rules
Form up in double file behind the safety car and follow it round the track in qualifying order. At the end of the lap the safety car will pull into the pits, you should still drive at the speed limit until the first car passes the START OF THE PIT WALL.
Indy is 3 wide start @ 80mph

Pit Lane Rules
On all tracks you have to slow down to 60mph before you enter the pit lane and the computer takes control of your car.
Indy Specific - On exiting the pit lane and re taking control of the car, do not immediately turn right onto the track after turn 1. Instead, you should follow the inside pit road all the way round and exit after turn 2. There is no speed limit on this pit exit though as it is relatively simple, and slowing down would be pointless. Check that there are no faster cars approaching from behind when you rejoin on the back straight.

Oval Course Cautions
Indy Cautions: 4 caution laps in total. On the first lap everyone gathers behind the safety car. At the start of the second caution lap, the wavearound is given to any cars between the safety car and the race leader. At the end of the second caution lap the pits are open. Cars catch back up to the safety car near/at the end of the third caution lap. Cars go double file on the back straight on the 4th caution lap, ready to restart. Leader takes the inside line as it is an oval. Race restarts at the beginning of the pit wall. Restart speed is 100mph. NO CAUTIONS IN THE LAST 3 LAPS.

Read through that and make sure you stick to the rules :)

Good luck everybody 👍
 
I've put my car in shared but I won't be able to race it under a different psn. Correct?

What's your psn Tom?
 
Knelly
I've put my car in shared but I won't be able to race it under a different psn. Correct?

What's your psn Tom?

Nope you won't, it's Tom_97_COD but I think you just added me anyway.

One of Jakob's friends just signed up, he has GTP and he's called TripleA5. Means we have full sign ups and full teams. So Matty, Rich, Anarchy and Trip, who wants to team up with who? 👍
 
I cant remember everything that happened..... I couldn't here the mics at all. :( I do know on lap 69 re-start rhys's pace car appeared to still be on track in front of the field, then suddenly everybody accelerated & ran me over. His car than dissipated like a ghost or a mirage or something. :sly:

All I really care about is the final turn on the final lap though.... All the hits I took (and gave a few too accidentally) didn't matter because with 1/4th a lap to go I had the lead. Then, :(
 
To be able to photograph, next race I will have to be on track, I will pick a Go Kart so as to minimize my presence there
 
Fiat? I don't think karts can be on track with cars unless you glitch.

But I think I could have done better but I got wrecked under caution 3 times I think.
 
Unofficial Race Results

I say unofficial as some of the people on the list may be disqualified if not outright banned.

1st - Smuffy
2nd - Joe
3rd - Tom
4th - Matty
5th - LV
6th - Rich
7th - Mstall
8th - Knelly
9th - Cowboys
10th - Jakob
11th - Triple
12th - Anarchy
13th - Smoke

Pole - Joe
Laps Led - TBA

And like I said PM me with anything about the race, who should be penalized and whether you think a certain pair of guys should be banned, don't discuss any of it on the thread. Cowboys I'm sorry mate, the rules are solid just some of the guys on track weren't sticking to them. And to Rich, you were unlucky in the last bend but I think Berty said you took the wave around without being told to?

On a happier note, I had great fun tonight mostly thanks to the awesome guys I was racing with (there were exceptions :lol: ). Congrats to Smuffy on his 2nd win at Indy :cheers:
 
What can I do to be ok?
 
without being told to?

You know I think I went around the same time as many others, although I could not here the mics.

The race is tough to call caution wise, because not all have mics & so they cant here (me included.) There was a lot of big crashes where no caution was called.

Sorry, MCD, dont know if this series can be fixed......... I tried not to hit anyone out there.
 
You know I think I went around the same time as many others, although I could not here the mics.

The race is tough to call caution wise, because not all have mics & so they cant here (me included.) There was a lot of big crashes where no caution was called.

Sorry, MCD, dont know if this series can be fixed......... I tried not to hit anyone out there.

They were all single car, and if we called cautions for single car incidents there would be even less racing than there was today. It is possible to hear without mics, you just have to turn the TV up, but I do understand it was difficult for you 👍

There's nothing wrong with the series my friend, it's been set up well by a set of committed drivers, namely me, Joe, Knelly, LV and Berty. It's some of the drivers that are causing the issues.
 
They were all single car, and if we called cautions for single car incidents there would be even less racing than there was today. It is possible to hear without mics, you just have to turn the TV up, but I do understand it was difficult for you 👍

There's nothing wrong with the series my friend, it's been set up well by a set of committed drivers, namely me, Joe, Knelly, LV and Berty. It's some of the drivers that are causing the issues.

Oh, well the template is fine. But the race was a bit messy. :sly: I'll have to get a mic or turn sound effects down on the audio to here the mics. I saw a 2 car crash that wasn't called, and with 5 laps to go a 3 car that wasn't called. But I guess its close enough to accurate where we can call it a race. Pack racing is a mess in real life too.

Let me know if I do anything wrong. I know I rear ended a couple of people. I tried not do do anything evil, like pit-maneuver people on the last lap. :sly:
 
Oh, well the template is fine. But the race was a bit messy. :sly: I'll have to get a mic or turn sound effects down on the audio to here the mics. I saw a 2 car crash that wasn't called, and with 5 laps to go a 3 car that wasn't called. But I guess its close enough to accurate where we can call it a race. Pack racing is a mess in real life too.

Let me know if I do anything wrong. I know I rear ended a couple of people. I tried not do do anything evil, like pit-maneuver people on the last lap. :sly:

No worries mate 👍

I'll look at the replay and make some decisions on penalties for people. I've almost come to a decision on the bans at least.
 
The indecision is the nice part of you fighting the honest part..

And there was a lot of confusion on the last restart as I thought we were going for another caution and then I was in 6th...

But overall great racing and hope to do
It again. Coming in too this I was very sceptical as to whether I would last the full race but now it's finished I can't wait for next week's although it got a little head wrecking at the end when it was caution, racing for a lap, caution, raving for a lap etc.

I think I had led a lot of the laps whether I got the most or not is yet to be found out.

Well done to smuffy on his half lap lead until the checkered flag.
 
JakobNascar88
What can I do to be ok?

I don't think anything. :lol:

Anyway, don't the FGTs sort if look like the Mazda or USF20000's or whatever they're called, the lower IndyCar leagues?
 
I don't think anything. :lol:

Anyway, don't the FGTs sort if look like the Mazda or USF20000's or whatever they're called, the lower IndyCar leagues?

You may be correct....

They resemble them more, but wouldn't you rather do the Indy Car Series? :lol:
 
TomMcD
You may be correct....

They resemble them more, but wouldn't you rather do the Indy Car Series? :lol:

No, just saying. :lol: lol

From the front they look like it sort of to me. :p next track?
 
High Speed Ring baby! :sly:

I've come to the decision, taking into account the opinions of other drivers, to ban Jakob and TripleA5 from the series.
 
I don't think anything. :lol:

Anyway, don't the FGTs sort if look like the Mazda or USF20000's or whatever they're called, the lower IndyCar leagues?

Indy Lights?
 
Panther Racing has been dissolved after Matty jumped ship to HVM with Anarchy. We now have 11 drivers and Rich is running without a team mate.

EDIT: Scratch that, Smoke can team up with Rich. We now have 12 drivers :)

Does anybody know what happened to bdubclub?
 
Last edited:
Sorry guys, big snow storm here and all of my power went out. It all came back on except the room where my set up is. Have to take a dnf this week, we will get em next week. 👍
 
Sorry guys, big snow storm here and all of my power went out. It all came back on except the room where my set up is. Have to take a dnf this week, we will get em next week. 👍

Okay, wondered where you went buddy. I gave you points for 11th place as I knew you were there at the race 👍

Smoke got points for 12th as he showed up to the race, just didn't get his timing quite right :lol:

EDIT: I've updated the pace lap rules and added a section regarding mics on the OP. Also I've added the race info for round 2 at HSR. Tables will follow soon.
 
Congrats to the smuffster on his big win at Indy!!
Its important that ALL drivers can hear the mic's and when a caution is called cut the chatter to listen out for wavearounds etc.
Some good racing out there today, a little spoilt by a few 'burkes' but you always get those at the start.

EDIT- beaten to it on the mic issue! see above.
 
Congrats to the smuffster on his big win at Indy!!
Its important that ALL drivers can hear the mic's and when a caution is called cut the chatter to listen out for wavearounds etc.
Some good racing out there today, a little spoilt by a few 'burkes' but you always get those at the start.

Man he's unstoppable at the ovals! He's won twice at Indy and once at Daytona in Vintage Nascar, unbelievable :lol:

That's part of what I added to the OP mate. Completely agree, they've been dealt with and next week should be great fun 👍
 
I thought the room did well 'bug' wise too. I expected you to have to call it off with 15 in the room, encouraging stuff!
 
I thought the room did well 'bug' wise too. I expected you to have to call it off with 15 in the room, encouraging stuff!

Definitely! Bodes well for all the other race series on GTP :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back