IZOD IndyCar Series | Champions - JoeOfTheFire & Team Penske

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 1,454 comments
  • 61,085 views

Where should we go for Round 7?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
7 cautions!
Every time I lit up my smoke the little triangles went spinning round, I nearly swallowed it at one point. I had to :lol: when I called a caution so fast my mechanics were still changing my wheels.
Did you ever find out why those two cars parked in the middle of the track on the start line mid race?

No idea mate, probably just confusion in the caution. Haha I'm sorry, tough day at the office for the safety car driver eh? :lol:
 
:lol: at some of the antics. High speed ring will be interesting.
 
I got a 0.56.4 on HSR, but I don't know if I used the right Specs. :lol:
 
I got a 0.56.4 on HSR, but I don't know if I used the right Specs. :lol:

Probably not as I hit 54 on a pretty sedate lap earlier :lol:

EDIT: Made another slight rule alteration. If surface water rises above 25% at any point during the race, the race will be confirmed WET and you will not be required to use both hard and medium tyre compounds.
 
Last edited:
Getting wrecked under caution 3 times under caution. :(
Yeah, I saw Jacob was stoned or something & all over the place during the cautions. :sly:

I just snuck around that last one before the restart.
 
Don't know if anyone caught it, but I pulled a Vitor Meira last night on one of the restarts. I'll try to post a video if I can find it on the replay later.
 
I dunno what a Victor Meira is but I risk a guess at a slight jump?
 
Someone almost pulled a Kanaan at New Hampshire in the backstretch under caution I think, lol.
 
Vitor Meira made an epic restart at the 2008(I think?) Indy 500 where he went from 3rd to 1st, and slid in between first and second while they were overtaking before taking the lead, all before turn 1.:eek:
 
He was also involved in a pit lane fire and quite a nasty accident, but I think LV means the restart :lol:



Just wow.
 
HSV-010
Vitor Meira made an epic restart at the 2008(I think?) Indy 500 where he went from 3rd to 1st, and slid in between first and second while they were overtaking before taking the lead, all before turn 1.:eek:

Did it myself I think?:/ maybe not like that but I did a third to first at some stage..

Also my best GTP racing series finish yesterday.:D
 
Probably not as I hit 54 on a pretty sedate lap earlier :lol:

EDIT: Made another slight rule alteration. If surface water rises above 25% at any point during the race, the race will be confirmed WET and you will not be required to use both hard and medium tyre compounds.

Nice alteration. 👍

I've made the mistake of giving out my laptimes before, so I'll be keeping quiet about them this time.
 
Nice alteration. 👍

I've made the mistake of giving out my laptimes before, so I'll be keeping quiet about them this time.

Fair enough, it was me who suggested secrecy between teams :lol:

I see a Target/Penske battle next week. I know for a fact you fly on the road courses, you had Tokyo all wrapped up last time until you DC'ed. And MStall is fast as hell everywhere, he just got real unlucky yesterday.

EDIT: Oh and like I put on the OP, I'll call the 'Wet Race' down the mic and maybe Brett in the safety car can type it out for the drivers without a mic.
 
My name is Brett. :scared:

I can't drive comforts in wet, if you have TC on, it won't let you accelerate.
 
My name is Brett. :scared:

I can't drive comforts in wet, if you have TC on, it won't let you accelerate.

Well that makes two of you then, I call you Cowboy on the mic anyway :lol:

You don't have to, you can use rain and intermediate tires. And like I said, if the surface water reaches 25% at any point, you don't have to use both hard and medium compounds during the race as you usually would. Similar to F1 if I recall rightly.
 
TomMcD
Well that makes two of you then, I call you Cowboy on the mic anyway :lol:

You don't have to, you can use rain and intermediate tires. And like I said, if the surface water reaches 25% at any point, you don't have to use both hard and medium compounds during the race as you usually would. Similar to F1 if I recall rightly.

It let's you select those? I thought it restricted them since were not using Racing.
 
Nope, I'll set the restrictions to racing tires which will allow you to use the weather tyre sets. Obviously if anybody uses any tires apart from CH, CM, IM and Rain there will be penalties if not a straight disqualification. I will be checking ;)
 
My name is Brett. :scared:

I can't drive comforts in wet, if you have TC on, it won't let you accelerate.

We could call you two American Brett and Welsh Brett :dopey:

A note for the pace car and photographer: park after the end of the pit wall at HSR, or the game will eventually autodrive you out of the pits because it thinks you're blocking the pit exit. I'd recommend you park by the pit exit instead of in your pit box, Jahgee, because cars either side of your pit box may slow down more because you are there.
 
We could call you two American Brett and Welsh Brett :dopey:

A note for the pace car and photographer: park after the end of the pit wall at HSR, or the game will eventually autodrive you out of the pits because it thinks you're blocking the pit exit. I'd recommend you park by the pit exit instead of in your pit box, Jahgee, because cars either side of your pit box may slow down more because you are there.

I might meet up with Brett tomorrow and sort out where the safety car will be waiting. As you say Jahgee can probably tuck in nearby.
 
I think a sensible place would be on left of the exit of the tunnel.. Or left on entry to tunnel.. Anyway Jahgee will be able to go ghost anyway so it doesn't matter where he parks really.. And even on the right of the exit to the first part of the S turn.
 
I think a sensible place would be on left of the exit of the tunnel.. Or left on entry to tunnel.. Anyway Jahgee will be able to go ghost anyway so it doesn't matter where he parks really.. And even on the right of the exit to the first part of the S turn.

All of these positioning's sound slightly dangerous to be honest :lol: I'll take a look tomorrow morning, can't quite remember every recess and possible parking spot on the track.

I think putting Brett at the exit of the tunnel is a bad idea, visibility is low enough coming out of the tunnel without the possibility of crashing into the safety car while pitting. Also it really needs to be near the beginning of the lap.
 
TomMcD
All of these positioning's sound slightly dangerous to be honest :lol: I'll take a look tomorrow morning, can't quite remember every recess and possible parking spot on the track.

I think putting Brett at the exit of the tunnel is a bad idea, visibility is low enough coming out of the tunnel without the possibility of crashing into the safety car while pitting. Also it really needs to be near the beginning of the lap.

I think the last one was good.. Unless he wants to ghost somewhere and wait for a call?
 
mattymc96
I think the last one was good.. Unless he wants to ghost somewhere and wait for a call?

I'll take a look with Brett tomorrow. I'll tell you when we're in my lounge if you want to come along 👍
 
TomMcD
I'll take a look with Brett tomorrow. I'll tell you when we're in my lounge if you want to come along 👍

I'll probably be busy but send me a pm or if I'm online just gimme a shout.

What I mean about the one on the S turn though is: when you exit the right hander turn 3 and enter the left of 4 inbetween those turns on the right is probably the safest place as absolutely everywhere else is open.
 
I think a sensible place would be on left of the exit of the tunnel.. Or left on entry to tunnel.. Anyway Jahgee will be able to go ghost anyway so it doesn't matter where he parks really.. And even on the right of the exit to the first part of the S turn.

I use that line through the S turn when there's nobody trying to pass me <_<. Left of the exit of the tunnel is the pit entrance, so that probably wouldn't work either.

Send a message when you're in your lounge Tom and I'll join too. 👍

EDIT: There's plenty of space to the left of the pit exit lane/lines, which is where I think would be best.
 
So should I use a Jr. Kart as to minimize my presence or a standard Subaru 360 as to minimize lag. I'll just join the qualifying and you guys can show me where to park.
 
Jahgee1124
So should I use a Jr. Kart as to minimize my presence or a standard Subaru 360 as to minimize lag. I'll just join the qualifying and you guys can show me where to park.

You could watch the race? I think you hiding would mess up the pictures.

Why not use like an orange Toyota, (or Nissan if there is one) to look like the medical car?
 
You could watch the race? I think you hiding would mess up the pictures.

Why not use like an orange Toyota, (or Nissan if there is one) to look like the medical car?

I'll use a White Land Rover to look like an ambulance and I'll go to bad wrecks
 
You could watch the race? I think you hiding would mess up the pictures.

Why not use like an orange Toyota, (or Nissan if there is one) to look like the medical car?

He can't save the replay without being in the entire race.

It'd be easier for you to be someting other than a kart jahgee, as we'd have to fiddle with the settings to glitch/exploit you on track in a kart.
 
He can't save the replay without being in the entire race.

It'd be easier for you to be someting other than a kart jahgee, as we'd have to fiddle with the settings to glitch/exploit you on track in a kart.

I'll use a White Land Rover to look like an ambulance and I'll go to bad wrecks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back