IZOD IndyCar Series | Champions - JoeOfTheFire & Team Penske

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 1,454 comments
  • 61,158 views

Where should we go for Round 7?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight has made me reconsider bump drafting at SSRX. It may be allowed but it would be restricted to TWO CARS hooking up together at any one time, no bump trains, just two car tangos. And possibly no bumping in the corners.

I'm gonna open the lounge half an hour early tomorrow so some of you guys can come in and we can run a practice race or two before I make my final decision. Chances are it will be allowed 👍
 
Tonight has made me reconsider bump drafting at SSRX. It may be allowed but it would be restricted to TWO CARS hooking up together at any one time, no bump trains, just two car tangos. And possibly no bumping in the corners.

I'm gonna open the lounge half an hour early tomorrow so some of you guys can come in and we can run a practice race or two before I make my final decision. Chances are it will be allowed 👍

Now that'll be some nice pictures
 
Fully against bump drafting. It's definately going to cause more wrecks and a lot of damage to cars, especially with damage on full.

I personally think this is a bad idea.
 
Knelly
Fully against bump drafting. It's definately going to cause more wrecks and a lot of damage to cars, especially with damage on full.

I personally think this is a bad idea.

Agreed, we tested it as well before and it wasn't the best idea..

Wasn't there tonight cause I was asleep :dopey:
 
Fully against bump drafting. It's definately going to cause more wrecks and a lot of damage to cars, especially with damage on full.

I personally think this is a bad idea.

^this. The front of the car is pointed, so you dont get a straight hit/push. For damage, today I got damage from the smallest of touches on my left rear.
 
DrifterJoe
^this. The front of the car is pointed, so you dont get a straight hit/push. For damage, today I got damage from the smallest of touches on my left rear.

Yeah I understand what you mean, you can even damage the engine through bump drafting...:)
 
Well you can do that in Real Life, you just have to learn to bump draft correctly
 
Eh, we tested it today and it was fine until you have more than 2 cars together. You just have to ease up to the other persons car and push. You dont actually want to "bump" or "slam" into them. As long as your within 5-10 mph its seems to be fine

Of coarse we only had 4 people so it might not survive a room of 12-14 (the connection that is). These cars will hook up even with the wierd front end.

Did a race with 12 people and i pushed another couple FGT's along with a couple Veyrons. This was a few days ago
 
Eh, we tested it today and it was fine until you have more than 2 cars together. You just have to ease up to the other persons car and push. You dont actually want to "bump" or "slam" into them. As long as your within 5-10 mph its seems to be fine

Of coarse we only had 4 people so it might not survive a room of 12-14 (the connection that is). These cars will hook up even with the wierd front end.

Did a race with 12 people and i pushed another couple FGT's along with a couple Veyrons. This was a few days ago

Exactly, start off with only two until you can get comfortable with more
 
Is this the calm before the storm :nervous:
 
Knelly
Is this the calm before the storm :nervous:

Depends where the storm is, I think I'll stay behind the back runners. :sly:
 
But then that makes you the back runner ??? :confused:
 
MustangRyan
That makes you the guy that gets collected in someone else's wreck. 👎

I want to avoid them. :scared:
 
When these things wreck at high speeds, there is no time to react, and nowhere to go to miss it. The best way to miss the wreck is to be in front of it.
 
When these things wreck at high speeds, there is no time to react, and nowhere to go to miss it. The best way to miss the wreck is to be in front of it.

Or if your'e in one of the turns, the safest place will probably be the highest seam. (I don't go by the painted lines in the turns, as each seam handles different. This means there's 4 different lanes in the turns.)
 
You guys need to keep your eyes peeled for the safety car as there isnt a 'safe' place for me to park here! Ill be right next to the inside barrier just before the pitlane signs :nervous:
 
Just wanted to say this championship looks great! Good job
 
Question guys. If I am out tonight and not back in front of my PS3 in time, am I able to take my Save Game on a memory stick, and get all my details (car & setup) etc on someone elses PS3.

Knowledge would be good.
 
Question guys. If I am out tonight and not back in front of my PS3 in time, am I able to take my Save Game on a memory stick, and get all my details (car & setup) etc on someone elses PS3.

Knowledge would be good.

You'd need to sign into your own PSN account, and then I think it should work.
 
You'd need to sign into your own PSN account, and then I think it should work.

And if I do that on Dave's PS3, then it won't ruin his data, and I will be able to use mine?
 
And if I do that on Dave's PS3, then it won't ruin his data, and I will be able to use mine?

I can't say for sure as I've not done it myself, but it should work. I'd tried signing into my PSN on a friends PS3 before but it didn't let me. I think you'd have to make a new user on his console and then use your PSN when you go to sign up for PSN. (gives the option of creating a new one or using a pre-existing one).

I think it only lets you have your PSN on one console at a time, but I think there's something on a playstation website that lets you sort this out. As I said, I've not done this so I don't know the specfics.

You'd probably be better off just bringing your PS3 to Dave's rather than going through all this.
 
I can't say for sure as I've not done it myself, but it should work. I'd tried signing into my PSN on a friends PS3 before but it didn't let me. I think you'd have to make a new user on his console and then use your PSN when you go to sign up for PSN. (gives the option of creating a new one or using a pre-existing one).

I think it only lets you have your PSN on one console at a time, but I think there's something on a playstation website that lets you sort this out. As I said, I've not done this so I don't know the specfics.

You'd probably be better off just bringing your PS3 to Dave's rather than going through all this.

If you make a USER account on the PS3, you can log in and go on your PSN. But it would be easier just to take the PS3 probably, I'll have to re-add your mate Knelly if you're using his as I deleted him due to lack of space :nervous:

And since two of the unofficial 'IndyCar board' (Me, Knelly, Joe and LV :sly:) members have voted against bump drafting and I'm neither here nor there, we WON'T be using it tonight. Bump Drafting is prohibited 👍

EDIT: Going to send PM's to all the drivers I think may need a reminder.
 
Last edited:
Knelly
And if I do that on Dave's PS3, then it won't ruin his data, and I will be able to use mine?

Create another PS3 user at the main menu?
 
My mic is officially 🤬

I shall be silent against my will tonight..
 
My mic is officially 🤬

I shall be silent against my will tonight..

Get a USB keyboard hooked up :lol:

Will you have it back or have got another before next week?
 
Don't have a USB keyboard either.. Think I can use my iPhone as one though since it's jailbroken..

And I dunno if I'll have a new one for a while.. Depends what Lidl has :lol:

Or Aldi :dopey:
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back