IZOD IndyCar Series | Champions - JoeOfTheFire & Team Penske

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 1,454 comments
  • 61,158 views

Where should we go for Round 7?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent got the dlc stage X yet so hope to get it before tonight and will also let you know my choice of car. My PSN is The_Boyce.
 
I havent got the dlc stage X yet so hope to get it before tonight and will also let you know my choice of car. My PSN is The_Boyce.

You can use SSRX without the DLC.
 
I havent got the dlc stage X yet so hope to get it before tonight and will also let you know my choice of car. My PSN is The_Boyce.

Like Tom said you can use SSRX without the DLC. And you said that a few days back :lol:
 
I only have the white and green formula gran turismo, could I race in that tonight?
 
I only have the white and green formula gran turismo, could I race in that tonight?

I'll stick you down as reserve driver for HVM 👍

But be aware that we'll have to give priority to full time team drivers and if we need to fit one of those guys in you may have to leave the room. This is unlikely to happen though so come along tonight.
 
TomMcD
I'll stick you down as reserve driver for HVM 👍

But be aware that we'll have to give priority to full time team drivers and if we need to fit one of those guys in you may have to leave the room. This is unlikely to happen though so come along tonight.

Ok thanks. If there are any other coloured cars to get hold of, which ones are they and where can I get hold of one?
 
Ok thanks. If there are any other coloured cars to get hold of, which ones are they and where can I get hold of one?

There might be a different colour in your Online Dealership but honestly it doesn't matter 👍
 
I can send you a level 24 ticket, which should pop out an FGT, though you might get a Ferrari F1 instead.
 
No need really, all the full time spots are full so Boyce may as well be a reserve for HVM. Saves you sending a ticket Drop.
 
No need really, all the full time spots are full so Boyce may as well be a reserve for HVM. Saves you sending a ticket Drop.

I have plenty. :)
 
Couple of vital things to remember for tonight, firstly the caution rule for SSRX.

SSRX Cautions: In the event of an incident here a caution will be called, but racing continues until the end of the lap. When you reach the start/finish line you can either pit for fresh tires and fuel and/or damage repair, or simply join the queue behind the safety car which will have been deployed. When all cars have left the pits and rejoined the pack, there will be an announcement on the mic as to when the safety car will pull over and racing will resume. Caution speed is 100 mph.
The safety car will be situated on the inside of turn 2 before the start/finish line so take care when passing it under green flag conditions.

The edges of the track are the different coloured strips of road on either side of the track. If you have to put 4 wheels on this surface to overtake a car, you shouldn't be overtaking!

And strictly NO bump drafting 👍
 
Hmm...methinks we have more chances for wrecks with everyone slingshotting each other. O well, if it does happen I'll just chuckle and shake my head
 
Hmm...methinks we have more chances for wrecks with everyone slingshotting each other. O well, if it does happen I'll just chuckle and shake my head

:lol:

We shall see, well part of me thinks it's better that half the field wrecks in spectacular fashion than cars gradually drop back due to engine damage from bumping. It'll make some great photos at least :sly:
 
Until you get caught in one
 
What did we decide would bring out a caution?
 
Until you get caught in one

Well if a car just collects some engine damage from bumping, they drop back, we can't call a caution and it's their race over. But if everybody wrecks a caution can be called and everyone is bunched up.

Or, we could just avoid this by driving carefully, using the brake sometimes and not crashing into anybody? :p

EDIT: And Joe, the original plan was two car accidents but you suggested one car SPINS aswell. I'll put this to Knelly aswell in the lounge later if needs be, was that right?
 
No, I must carry as much speed as possible, no matter who I take out in the process. :sly:
 
Well if a car just collects some engine damage from bumping, they drop back, we can't call a caution and it's their race over. But if everybody wrecks a caution can be called and everyone is bunched up.

Or, we could just avoid this by driving carefully, using the brake sometimes and not crashing into anybody? :p

EDIT: And Joe, the original plan was two car accidents but you suggested one car SPINS aswell. I'll put this to Knelly aswell in the lounge later if needs be, was that right?

Yeah, 2+ car accidents, and single car spins. Chances are that if you spin you'll receive some bad damage in the incident too, as well as losing a lot of ground.
 
Sorry guys I am going to have to pull out, I am gonna have to work a lot more this next month, and havent had time to test. Im really sorry guys, hate to do this.

I will be available for a wildcard ride at DRC if you guys will have me. :sly:
 
Yeah, 2+ car accidents, and single car spins. Chances are that if you spin you'll receive some bad damage in the incident too, as well as losing a lot of ground.

Fair enough, I'll keep an eye on the map. And just a general warning, light taps that cause damage will be likely be heavily penalized here as it could ruin someone's race.

EDIT: No worries bdub, thanks for letting me know mate 👍
 
At my mates and all is working so have car and setup.

I still think 2+ as otherwise the lead pack will never break away from others. Plus even with caution there is a likelihood that the pack may still be fairly spread out if going on too long and decided to call green.

However, one spin does keep everyone in the race.

Undecided to be honest but lean gingerly towards 2+.
 
Knelly
At my mates and all is working so have car and setup.

I still think 2+ as otherwise the lead pack will never break away from others. Plus even with caution there is a likelihood that the pack may still be fairly spread out if going on too long and decided to call green.

However, one spin does keep everyone in the race.

Undecided to be honest but lean gingerly towards 2+.

I do get what you're saying, it's almost race fixing calling a caution if a guy decides to slam into a wall by himself.

I'm tempted to stick with 2 cars like Knelly says, although penalties would be very harsh on knocks that ruin races. Any thoughts Joe?

EDIT: And Knelly, if you're on your mate's account, re add me at Tom_97_COD 👍
 
TomMcD
I do get what you're saying, it's almost race fixing calling a caution if a guy decides to slam into a wall by himself.

I'm tempted to stick with 2 cars like Knelly says, although penalties would be very harsh on knocks that ruin races. Any thoughts Joe?

EDIT: And Knelly, if you're on your mate's account, re add me at Tom_97_COD 👍

I'm not to sure really on what to do, I suppose the only way we can really have it as a 1 car spin off is to ban someone if they try to spin off on there own..

Although that would defiantly still affect the race..
 
mattymc96
I'm not to sure really on what to do, I suppose the only way we can really have it as a 1 car spin off is to ban someone if they try to spin off on there own..

Although that would defiantly still affect the race..

Exactly, therefore two cars would seem the sensible option. Especially as it could be hard to discern what is an intentional spin and what isn't.
 
Exactly, therefore two cars would seem the sensible option. Especially as it could be hard to discern what is an intentional spin and what isn't.

Well I think it would be obvious to tell if intentional or not.

i.e. are they on their own. What caused the accident etc. And these car's are very stable when in a straight line or very blunt turn @240mph..

After all they caught out Nelson Pique and Flavio Briatore.. :sly: :dopey:
 
mattymc96
Well I think it would be obvious to tell if intentional or not.

i.e. are they on their own. What caused the accident etc. And these car's are very stable when in a straight line or very blunt turn @240mph..

After all they caught out Nelson Pique and Flavio Briatore.. :sly: :dopey:

It would depend on the circumstances in regards to traffic nearby, any contact etc.

But anyway I think we'll stick to two cars :p
 
TomMcD
It would depend on the circumstances in regards to traffic nearby, any contact etc.

But anyway I think we'll stick to two cars :p

Oh I know and caution would be easy to call on then.. I think if something like this happens the person should just say/type "I spin someone. caution?"
 
Where is everyone? Join!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back