IZOD IndyCar Series | Champions - JoeOfTheFire & Team Penske

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 1,454 comments
  • 61,152 views

Where should we go for Round 7?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity how do our lap times compare to the GTP Lemans Prototype series? I'd think they'd be pretty close with the Le Mans a tad quicker.
 
TomMcD
On another note, I wish PD would put in some 'junior' formula cars, would make a great Indy Lights series for example. Just seen the new Formula Ford for 2012 and it looks awesome. I want one :drool:

I wouldn't like to drive that since there's no wings on it :crazy: :scared:
 
I wouldn't like to drive that since there's no wings on it :crazy: :scared:

It looks pretty damn awesome compared to the old ones, I've heard it drives quite well also. Haha I bet it's a bit slippy in the turns, I can't see it creating much downforce :lol:
 
TomMcD
It looks pretty damn awesome compared to the old ones, I've heard it drives quite well also. Haha I bet it's a bit slippy in the turns, I can't see it creating much downforce :lol:

That's exactly what I mean.. Mechanical grip can only do so much. :nervous:
 
Holy Hell :dunce: I didnt think i was one of the "elders" on the team at 23:indiff:
 
You are the elder of the team as there's only ywo on it and your 8 years older then me :dunce:
 
Jakob is the junior.
 
mattymc96
He's the non-existant ;)

Public enemy #1?
Haha

The funny about tuning here is we just have to use Speed Test
 
Will we be having cautions for single car incidents at SSRX? I don't mean an incident like "onoes I accidentally tapped the wall and lost the draft" as your teammate could drop back to pick you up. I mean "onoes I accidentally tapped the wall and got sent into an extremely long crash consisting of a load of 360s" where you've pretty much lost all hope of catching up.

Cowboys, the speed test isn't enough. You need to test the corners too. The fastest setup for the speed test is barely able to turn at all to change lane on the straights.
 
I have a soft suspension, which I think would work.

Think. Lol
 
i'll probable throw in a indy variation. since there's no bump drafting mine as well get it to run as fast as you can going straight and leave a little extra on the gear for the draft
 
What can you hit with draft?
 
Any room for an extra yellow/black FGT this Friday?
 
MustangRyan
Any room for an extra yellow/black FGT this Friday?

Yeah definitely, feel free to join 👍

And if you think it's neccesary Joe yes, seems like a decent idea.
 
Yeah definitely, feel free to join 👍

And if you think it's neccesary Joe yes, seems like a decent idea.

I'd go for it then. Though I'd check the replay after in case anyone lost the draft and then deliberately crashed for a caution.

Don't forget to read through the rules Drop, things like the no bumpdrafting and the 60mph pit speed limit on entry.

Cowboys: no idea. 7th seems like it'll be an overdrive gear that's only used in the draft. Maybe somewhere around 280-290mph as a rough guess.

EDIT: Just added us to the GTP online race calendar (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/calendar.php) here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=594&day=2012-2-3&c=1
 
Last edited:
Don't forget to read through the rules Drop, things like the no bumpdrafting and the 60mph pit speed limit on entry.
I had already read them before asking to participate. I always want to make sure I know what I'm getting into before I get there. 👍
 
I had already read them before asking to participate. I always want to make sure I know what I'm getting into before I get there. 👍

Good stuff. 👍 Let me know if you want to practice, I've not done any drafting practice/tests at SSRX yet. I can't really do tonight though, as the 90's DTM series is racing.
 
I plan on hitting the track when I get home from work, in about an hour. Shouldn't be too hard to get a room of people with FGTs at SSRX online.
 
Good stuff. 👍 Let me know if you want to practice, I've not done any drafting practice/tests at SSRX yet. I can't really do tonight though, as the 90's DTM series is racing.

I'll be looking to do some testing after the DTM tonight, bit of team work strategy and all that :sly:

I plan on hitting the track when I get home from work, in about an hour. Shouldn't be too hard to get a room of people with FGTs at SSRX online.

It doesn't say in the rules Drop, but just so you're aware, pit fakes are allowed here as well :sly:
 
I'll be looking to do some testing after the DTM tonight, bit of team work strategy and all that :sly:



It doesn't say in the rules Drop, but just so you're aware, pit fakes are allowed here as well :sly:

Watch out for the invisible wall if you do a pit fake. :sly:
 
Hi. V interested in joining this season, I will double check what car I have and will post my sign up info soon. This is ideal for me as I can only race late at night.
 
The_Boyce
Hi. V interested in joining this season, I will double check what car I have and will post my sign up info soon. This is ideal for me as I can only race late at night.

Brilliant, just let me know 👍

I'll just add people to the team of the FGT they have, then take the top two points scorers for constructors like last season.
 
Must..make...SSRX...Damn, why is this so late on a Friday. :grumpy:
 
Tom
Must..make...SSRX...Damn, why is this so late on a Friday. :grumpy:

Because it's the earliest any of our American guys can actually do :p

EDIT: Added Drop to Andretti Autosport as a 'Reserve Driver'. You're free to drop in anytime though mate as LV can hardly make any of the races.
 
Because it's the earliest any of our American guys can actually do :p

EDIT: Added Drop to Andretti Autosport as a 'Reserve Driver'. You're free to drop in anytime though mate as LV can hardly make any of the races.

Damn, I hope for Season 2 this can be shifted to a Saturday or something. How come there's no team with the White & Purple FGT? I'd love to become a Reserve Driver if it's possible.
 
Tom
Damn, I hope for Season 2 this can be shifted to a Saturday or something. How come there's no team with the White & Purple FGT? I'd love to become a Reserve Driver if it's possible.

I just picked some of the more well known IndyCar teams and used their colours. If that's the only one you have, I'll put you down as a reserve for Dale Coyne as that's turned into a kind of mixed colour team, Rich has blue and Smoke has Green and White.

Feel free to join us Friday mate, we should be done by about 12:30ish 👍
 
I just picked some of the more well known IndyCar teams and used their colours. If that's the only one you have, I'll put you down as a reserve for Dale Coyne as that's turned into a kind of mixed colour team, Rich has blue and Smoke has Green and White.

Feel free to join us Friday mate, we should be done by about 12:30ish 👍

This Friday might be a bit difficult mate, however next Friday should definitely, up for a bit of testing?
 
I think we'll have a test tomorrow night with as many people as possible, around 8ish. Okay mate, next week is Tokyo R246 Reverse so get practising :sly:
 
Looking forward to SSRX 👍

Unfortunatly (or fortunatly for you :lol:) my mic broke so I wont be able to talk 👎
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back