Jaguar XKR-S Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 196 comments
After 1 day off - returned to Rome for a few laps. Down to 1.09.525 with the DS3 atm. Switched to the Crank-Setup. Thanks for sharing. Fast one...

iliasdc 08.430 18th
SoKaGT-Racing 08.363 14th
Hellas-GT-Kimi 08.361 13th
Thanks a lot.Until Monday i will be off...so things maybe will change.But three questions.
1)Why PD has skid recovery force enabled in GT6 unlike GT5 when it was banned.It's really stupid.
2)Also why there is such a long period in time trials ;Almost 30 days.
3)And why PD doesn't give us only the restriction of PP and tyres;In this way we could choose different cars in the same TT.

In GT5 it was better organised i think.

Thanks a lot.Until Monday i will be off...so things maybe will change.But three questions.
1)Why PD has skid recovery force enabled in GT6 unlike GT5 when it was banned.It's really stupid.
2)Also why there is such a long period in time trials ;Almost 30 days.
3)And why PD doesn't give us only the restriction of PP and tyres;In this way we could choose different cars in the same TT.

In GT5 it was better organised i think.
1 > agree - it's a pity
2 > didn't check all - but the XKR trial got a registration period of 14 days. that's ok for me.
3 > good point - but for me personally not so important

please share your setup :cheers:
Ok here's the setup i used
SUSPENSION
105/85
7.27/12.51
3/3
3/3
3/3
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.20
BRAKES
5/5
GEARS SET AT 174mph
DRIVETRAIN
Racing exhaust
Isometric exhaust manifold
Catalytic converter sports
Power at 95.9 with 592bhp
Ballast weight 200kg
Ballast position 50%
Weight reduction stage 3
Carbon bonnet
Window weight reduction
No Aero parts just stock rear wing.

@CRANK_U1 very nice driving its not easy to pull off top ten in a TT even if it doesn't last the fact you made it this late into a TT means it was some seriously good driving

Setup Jaguar XKR-S TRL_SAMURAI 1:07.775

Picture 75.jpgPicture 76.jpgPicture 77.jpgPicture 78.jpgPicture 79.jpg

I think I'll start trying to better my time tonight, had a much needed break from Rome. Anything under a 1:09.500 would be god enough for me :)

I am pleased with myself for getting down to 1:11.705 in this evenings session, and finally into the top 2000 [1603] without the help of SRF. :D
It's been tough and a little frustrating at times and I am sure there can be a few more tenths had, but I fear the frustration will make me want to break all the nice things I have around me. :crazy:

I'll post my 1.08.219 lap tomorrow. I'm done with Rome, i just can't seem to get anywhere near it anymore. One of them fluke laps i think.
Stunning lap Crank!
Atm I am too lazy to put my wheel in front of the TV, so I am driving on the DS3, with AT and TC on 1 - lol.
Anyway I am down to 1.09.265 - little bit room for more.
It's a miracle to me that you guys manage such times with the pad + manual shifting etc...
Well, well done.

Ooooooh found out my TC was at 1

Is that considered as "cheating"?

Not at all, even though some of the more ignorant people would consider it as so. :rolleyes: Use whatever aid you feel like and never mind what others say.

@nowcontrol Great job with the non-SRF lap, great stuff. 👍 I commend you, and others who have done the same, for going against the mainstream and marching to the beat of your own drum. 👍

@Iceman220 Great dedication there my friend, way to stick with it. 👍

@GTP_MacGyver Great lap time my fellow WRS'r, congrats on the improvement, and also with the DS3. Some mad skills there. 👍

Stunning lap Crank!
Atm I am too lazy to put my wheel in front of the TV, so I am driving on the DS3, with AT and TC on 1 - lol.
Anyway I am down to 1.09.265 - little bit room for more.
It's a miracle to me that you guys manage such times with the pad + manual shifting etc...
Well, well done.
Thanks mac ;) I applaud you too for getting so close to the 08s especially using automatic gears as manual gears is actually a lot quicker. And a friend of mine just bought a wheel and after a couple of days he's gone back to the DS3 lol.
Says he just can't be bothered with it atm.

I'll upload the video to YT instead., it seems to be better quality on that. Anybody know how to delete messages?

Nevermind, it's my cam its a bit crappy lol.

Last edited:
Back