January 2024 prediction thread

So basically is going to be almost 3 months without an update.

I’m counting one month. December, Yes?
January isn’t over. Help me with the math.
1705175867104.jpeg

I’m counting one month. December, Yes?
January isn’t over. Help me with the math.
The last content update was November 2 2023. The next is likely January 25 2024. That's close to a week off three months between content updates - because November 2 to December 2 is one month, December 2 to January 2 is two months, January 2 to February 2 is three months, and a week off that is January 26.

I think hes from the future or his magic ball is broken
May be.
The last content update was November 2 2023. The next is likely January 25 2024. That's close to a week off three months between content updates - because November 2 to December 2 is one month, December 2 to January 2 is two months, January 2 to February 2 is three months, and a week off that is January 26.
I can see.
No doubt we had the whole month for the November update. It’s funny. When I pointed out this very thing for why we should have updates at the start of the month, people looked at my post with crossed eyes like Bill Murray.

And don't forget the missed month before the November update so it is more like 1 update in the last 4 months

Just like my gut feeling told me back then, Spec II wasn’t a big update after all. It was just two or three small updates bundled into one considering PD still hasn’t released anything since.
Yep I quickly came to the same realization when we didn't get an update in December. Realistically the "massive" 7 car update we got was quite small in retrospect considering it would have been 12 cars if we got the usual bare minimum 3 cars per update once a month like previously.

Spec ll was not big thanks to the cars it was the overall improvment and added single player content that made it a major update, and this has already been confirmed before updates is not monthly by design, updates might slow down or we get more major updates once every 2-3 momths instead, a january update is already confirmed so we know thats coming, i would not mind a gt8 sooner than expected through if it meaned we had the final version of gt sophy integrered in all single player

Last edited:
Spec ll was not big thanks to the cars it was the overall improvment and added single player content that made it a major update, and this has already been confirmed before updates is not monthly by design, updates might slow down or we get more major updates once every 2-3 momths instead, a january update is already confirmed so we know thats coming, i would not mind a gt8 sooner than expected through if it meaned we had the final version of gt sophy integrered in all single player
I love GT7, but it has so many half baked things within the game and for this reason I won’t buying buying into GT8 because it’ll mostly just be earn all these cars you once had over again… no thank you.

By the time it comes out I believe there’s going to be other racing sims, hopefully GT Revival and Assetto Corsa 2. And as long as those two games have older cars in them I won’t be buying GT8 unless Polyphony Digital changes the dreaded earning cars thing by either equalizing and increasing race payouts, lowering car prices or making it so when you buy a car, you can get tune it and easily add or remove parts letting you have multiple tunes on a car without needed doubles or triples or quadruples.

I love GT7, but it has so many half baked things within the game and for this reason I won’t buying buying into GT8 because it’ll mostly just be earn all these cars you once had over again… no thank you.

By the time it comes out I believe there’s going to be other racing sims, hopefully GT Revival and Assetto Corsa 2. And as long as those two games have older cars in them I won’t be buying GT8 unless Polyphony Digital changes the dreaded earning cars thing by either equalizing and increasing race payouts, lowering car prices or making it so when you buy a car, you can get tune it and easily add or remove parts letting you have multiple tunes on a car without needed doubles or triples or quadruples.

I never said it was perfect but its much better than on launch you cant deny that, i dont have any problems With gt7 outside of the lack of single player content and better ai, its up to you if you buy the next game or not, i will buy in a heartbeat specially if it means the mistake With single player will be corrected, i dont mind starting over again. i looking forward to ac2 dont get me wrong here but its so different to gt, so i would not put them in the same catogory, and unless its on pc its very limited with content and stuff you can do with it, ac has never really been a great console game, and as gt has only been a playstation game so it dosen’t face any rivarly from ac, ac has really never been game you could just relax and play, it requires a lot of setups and its barely drivable on a controller, their is no progression or upgrading/customize cars involved either and thats one my prefered things to have in a racing game,

Last edited:
I never said it was perfect but its much better than on launch you cant deny that, i dont have any problems With gt7 outside of the lack of single player content and better ai, its up to you if you buy the next game or not, i will buy in a heartbeat specially if it means the mistake With single player will be corrected, i dont mind starting over again. i looking forward to ac2 dont get me wrong here but its so different to gt, so i would not put them in the same catogory, and unless its on pc its very limited with content and stuff you can do with it, ac has never really been a great console game, and as gt has only been a playstation game so it dosen’t face any rivarly from ac, ac has really never been game you could just relax and play, it requires a lot of setups and its barely drivable on a controller, their is no progression or upgrading/customize cars involved either and thats one my prefered things to have in a racing game,
I imagine GT8 will mostly just be GT7 considering how long it takes them to build a car from the ground up. GT5 to GT6 was like that. Earning mostly the same cars back.

Maybe they could let you transfer your garage and make the races more enjoyable. Because right now, and it’s never really changed much, the single player races utilizing the chase the rabbit style races and with the bad AI (even sophy ain’t great I find) they’ve gotta figure something out.

For me, now that I’ve almost earned all of the cars I care to own, I made a list in the “things that annoy you“ thread, that if they fixed I’d have a hard time switching to another game. They may seem trivial to some but it would complete the game for me. And most if not all of it, wouldn’t need another game to fix it.

I’m not of the buying the next game in hopes they fix what was overlooked in the previous game mentality. Everything on my list would/could/should be easy to go, whoops we didn’t realize this, here you go. instead of, you know what? We got you… in the next game though… don’t worry we’ll fix it. ;)

Last edited:
I imagine GT8 will mostly just be GT7 considering how long it takes them to build a car from the ground up. GT5 to GT6 was like that. Earning mostly the same cars back.

Maybe they could let you transfer your garage and make the races more enjoyable. Because right now, and it’s never really changed much, the single player races utilizing the chase the rabbit style races and with the bad AI (even sophy ain’t great I find) they’ve gotta figure something out.

For me, now that I’ve almost earned all of the cars I care to own, I made a list in the “things that annoy you“ thread, that if they fixed I’d have a hard time switching to another game. They may seem trivial to some but it would complete the game for me. And most if not all of it, wouldn’t need another game to fix it.

I’m not of the buying the next game in hopes they fix what was overlooked in the previous game mentality. Everything on my list would/could/should be easy to go, whoops we didn’t realize this, here you go. instead of, you know what? We got you… in the next game though… don’t worry we’ll fix it. ;)

Pretty much every gt has been like that where you have to start over again and i dont even mind it, we dont know what state of the single player will be in next game, but the ai is pretty much going to be better, sophy is still in works and might be fully ready by the next gt game and that would give the single player a huge potential, it would feel strange if pd spend all this time with sophy if they not going to take advantage of it in the future, i can even se gt7 getting another sophy ai overhoul sometime this year, howvever its pretty safe for me say thst i will buy the next gt, if they was made a proper single player again With overhouled ai even if it was in gt7 i would start over my gt7 progress from scratch again,

Last edited:
Pretty much every gt has been like that where you have to start over again and i dont even mind it, we dont know what state of the single player will be in next game, but the ai is pretty much going to be better, sophy is still in works and might be fully ready by the next gt game and that would give the single player a huge potential, it would feel strange if pd spend all this time with sophy if they not going to take advantage of it in the future, i can even se gt7 getting another sophy ai overhoul sometime this year, howvever its pretty safe for me say thst i will buy the next gt, if they was made a proper single player again With overhouled ai even if it was in gt7 i would start over my gt7 progress from scratch again,
If they sort out the AI/Single Player in GT7 I would probably play the game even more. I only play it with friends mostly because I don’t find the single player enjoyable at all. Even when progressing through for the very first time. So I really do hope they sort it out. Surely they have to know people dislike the chase the rabbit style, you can’t qualify, you just get placed on track rolling start. Same formula for years, like they think THAT is the only reason people play the game. Lol

I personally think they won't be updating GT7 anywhere near as regularly. Might be lucky if we get an update every three months. No doubt a few VGTs thrown in for good measure.

I personally think they won't be updating GT7 anywhere near as regularly. Might be lucky if we get an update every three months. No doubt a few VGTs thrown in for good measure.
I think GTS created the expectation of monthly content updates, but people seem to forget that that was the entire premise of GTS and the way it was released.

I love a content update as much as the next guy, but I don't feel entitled to it unlike many.

I can see GT8 happening a bit sooner if only to ditch last gen and its restrictions completely.

I don't see them dropping GT7 support sooner than GTS imo - only thing they could do is silently leaving the PS4 version and focusing on PS5 version instead

Actually not a bad point. Realistically we still wont see GT8 for some years, but if Sony suddenly decides to make a Ps5 exclusive, say GT8, it will benefit PD two-fold:

-They no longer have to focus on the now-ancient PS4 hardware, thus GT8 will LOOK amazing across the board. (unlike GT7 in races, where there are noticeable lack of details compared to the cars in garage mode, PS5 garage cars looks so nice compared to the cars when racing) Possibly ground breaking technology.

-They can have a fresh start, maybe make a much better game than GT7 was by getting it right the first time, this time.

Of course this is all wishful thinking, but I wouldn't mind a GT8 at this point in a years time... If only so they would give us something new, since with GT7 updates I get the feeling we ain't got too much to be excited about in future.. what we have now is pretty much it

I just hope then next GT... it's not GT Sport 2, that would be awful. And wouldn't be anywhere near as fun as ACC anyways.

Last edited:
I think GTS created the expectation of monthly content updates, but people seem to forget that that was the entire premise of GTS and the way it was released.

I love a content update as much as the next guy, but I don't feel entitled to it unlike many.

I also think that PD's attitude is very much like "we launched GT7 with 420 cars unlike GTS so not as much responsibility to increase the content level" Plus, there's no real incentive anymore to add much else in their eyes I'm guessing.
They've milked it as much as possible and that's that. I must say, credit to Playground Games for still continuing to support Horizon 5. And that was released nearly half a year before GT7.

Actually not a bad point. Realistically we still wont see GT8 for some years, but if Sony suddenly decides to make a Ps5 exclusive, say GT8, it will benefit PD two-fold:

-They no longer have to focus on the now-ancient PS4 hardware, thus GT8 will LOOK amazing across the board. (unlike GT7 in races, where there are noticeable lack of details compared to the cars in garage mode, PS5 garage cars looks so nice compared to the cars when racing) Possibly ground breaking technology.

-They can have a fresh start, maybe make a much better game than GT7 was by getting it right the first time, this time.

Of course this is all wishful thinking, but I wouldn't mind a GT8 at this point in a years time... If only so they would give us something new, since with GT7 updates I get the feeling we ain't got too much to be excited about in future.. what we have now is pretty much it

I just hope then next GT... it's not GT Sport 2, that would be awful. And wouldn't be anywhere near as fun as ACC anyways.

While the cars look better in garage scenes and scapes even during gameplay they look fantastic,

GT7 doesn’t lack because people still have PS4s and take the bus. It lacks because it’s full of hackneyed ideas from PD and Sony management who need to make money and think their customers are stupid.

GT4 was released on primitive hardware by today’s standards and it’s still a fulfilling, complete game.

Last edited:
What got to my mind lately is that if GT8 is an evolution instead on a revolution, maybe even on the same platform, i guess PD is working on classic GT circuits like Midfield Raceway, but will not release them for GT7. They would need new stuff like cars and tracks to justify another game. So they will soon be generating content for GT8. Especially as the track count in GT7 is pretty good. Nobody (other than a small forum-minority) would get mad if there where little to no further new tracks on GT7.

I think there's a good to fair chance GT8 will be pure service game hell in line with the direction Sony is heading in.

That is one of the reasons why I think GT8 could come a bit sooner than people anticipate.

To turn the franchise into a monetization GAAS **** show.

Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I thought the GaaS spree is already at an end?
They are kind failing right out of the gate, but I don´t think they are giving up completely.

Unfortunately I think GT lends itself pretty well to the concept.

Back