January 2024 prediction thread

I don't know if the GT8 will be an aggressive GAAS, considering the rumors involving Jim Ryan and SIE. It's a sincere doubt.

But I think GT8/GT Sport 2 is not far away. My guess is the end of 2025.

The new game needs to be released to explore the full technical potential of Polyphony, Sophy, PS5 Pro.

Staying stuck in a 'PS4' game it's not good technically for developers, nor commercially for Sony's financiers.

The new game should have a different structure from GT7, especially with the singleplayer races being all under Sophy, with qualifications and real races, without "catching the rabbit" that currently exists.

Last edited:
I think GTS created the expectation of monthly content updates, but people seem to forget that that was the entire premise of GTS and the way it was released.

I love a content update as much as the next guy, but I don't feel entitled to it unlike many.
If they hadn’t done updates, would have been thoroughly disappointed in the game. There’s more fixes that they really need to do. Not going to lie, more tracks, more classic cars American and European car would be nice. I do have a pet peeve with game developers having the option to update.

I think this game would have tanked hard if an update wasn’t available. Just the old days when it was all on cartridge or disc, you mess up, drop the ball, sales go way down on the next one instead of this fix it in the mix mentality.

Which always leaves things subpar or patchy. Like why on earth do they not show us which tires are currently installed on each car in our garage? Why is power to weight ratio only in the tuning shop and not in car settings?

If they hadn’t done updates, would have been thoroughly disappointed in the game. There’s more fixes that they really need to do. Not going to lie, more tracks, more classic cars American and European car would be nice. I do have a pet peeve with game developers having the option to update.

I think this game would have tanked hard if an update wasn’t available. Just the old days when it was all on cartridge or disc, you mess up, drop the ball, sales go way down on the next one instead of this fix it in the mix mentality.

Which always leaves things subpar or patchy. Like why on earth do they not show us which tires are currently installed on each car in our garage? Why is power to weight ratio only in the tuning shop and not in car settings?

Sure.

Not saying no updates though. I’m saying monthly updates specifically.

I think the expectation of monthly updates comes from GTS and the disappointment when they skip a month out two is a bit misguided.

That's just video games these days unfortunately, nothing unique to PD there. Even look at something as universally lauded as Baldur's Gate III - even that has a laundry list of bug fixes and improvements that have come out since launch.

Games coming out fully featured day one and not needing patches is a genie that is not going back in the bottle.

Sure.

Not saying no updates though. I’m saying monthly updates specifically.

I think the expectation of monthly updates comes from GTS and the disappointment when they skip a month out two is a bit misguided.
I never played GTS. But I see what you’re saying. I can only hope they’ll address some issues. But it is what it is.

1705386550473.png

The game is actually good overall, and I actually enjoyed it very much a lot, at least 1 hr every day. I don't feel we're entitled to get update all the time now, but I wish to have more tracks and cars. There were so many great track from GT4, GT5, and GT6 are now extinct!!

Optimistic predictions:

Cars:

• Bulgari VGT
  • Genesis VGT
  • Porsche 963 '23 (Gr.1)
  • BMW M4 DTM '19 (Gr.2)
  • Ferrari 488 GTE '20 (Gr.3)

Circuit:

- Red Rock Valley

Realistic predictions:

Cars:

• Bulgari VGT
  • Genesis VGT
  • Some japanese 90s street car
  • Some goofy car

Circuit:

- Suzuka new logo.

Last edited:
Optimistic predictions:
My lord, someone actually predicting the January 2024 update in the January 2024 update prediction thread instead of talking about GT8 for some reason?

Kevin Abstract What GIF by BROCKHAMPTON

Bulgari VGT
Honestly, the fact that there's a definitive January date for the Genesis and no definitive date for the Bulgari suggests that the Bulgari won't be coming yet.

Even though I've driven one of the two cars in-game and it wasn't the Genesis...

Bvlgavi unknow mouth coming gran turismo 7
I am weird person
but your comments just dont make any sence...
1. you said its coming with Jan update 2 days ago
2. now you dont know when 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

it was said at least 1000 times its coming .. we just don't know when

i hope your update "put yourself together man" is coming soon!!!

I don’t expect too much after the big spec 2 update.
3-4 new cars with the already announced VGT.
Would hope for some further tweaks and fixes. A customizable HUD in general and for VR would be so nice.
Won’t expect a new track with the new snow track that was just added in November.

I predict all money glitches will be fixed and there will be no more....just as I get to Level 50 😂
There will always be some way to make money and least the Sardegna Grind.
It always hurts me a bit with the money method after the Spec 2 update. Exactly the 3 weeks where it was „unpatched“ I was on holiday 😅
First day back - release of patch 1.41…

There will always be some way to make money and least the Sardegna Grind.
It always hurts me a bit with the money method after the Spec 2 update. Exactly the 3 weeks where it was „unpatched“ I was on holiday 😅
First day back - release of patch 1.41…
The money method now is golding time trials. That's 4 million credits for an hour of work which is pretty solid. I personally don't care that I can't do it every day but I've got a job and other things to do. Time trials compared with weekly events and their credit bonuses is a pretty good haul in my opinion. I've got more credits since the last update than I've ever had at any point since the game came out.

Anyways, here's my prediction, aka a deal I'm offering to PD. I give you $20, you give me the entire 2024 LMGT3 field. Let's see, what's $20 times like 1,000,000 people who would buy that as soon as it dropped...

inglorious-basterds-aldo.gif

Better deal I'll give ya $40 for all the tracks that were in GT4 that aren't in GT7. Damn good deal!

Last edited:
The money method now is golding time trials. That's 4 million credits for an hour of work which is pretty solid. I personally don't care that I can't do it every day but I've got a job and other things to do. Time trials compared with weekly events and their credit bonuses is a pretty good haul in my opinion. I've got more credits since the last update than I've ever had at any point since the game came out.
Key word, an hour of WORK. Haha. If I remember to do them I usually get silver after a few laps.

The only thing that I think we can feel confident on is the Genesis VGT. And while the last round of the Nations Cup Exhibition Series Season 2 is TBD, I think it's too early to tell if that means it'll feature a new track, or if it could be a one-make for a new car. Other than that, I'm down for almost anything. Maybe we'll get a special demo for the Afeela, too, as I recall that report stating that PD wants people to get a taste for it before its wider release in the game. Could even be part of a new mission pack, especially since the last drag mission implies there are more like it to come.

Last edited:
Yeah honestly I'm too lazy to gold most of them but I've realized that road cars are much easier to gold for me than race cars so I jump on those right away.
If you remember to downshift like a, well you know, and cut corners everywhere you can it’s easier but if it’s group 3 I usually don’t even bother with the time trials. It’s a cool idea but my idea of fun isn’t running laps by myself against game exploiters ghost cars. Imo that’s like trying to be #1 in call of duty charts but not running any hacks. Good luck with that. Yet in most rounds I play of that, I’m top of the charts, but somehow my rank is probably zilch.

Back