Japan Release question

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTguy88
  • 40 comments
  • 3,748 views
Messages
290
Messages
RRusso88
So when they release the game in Japan, there is an English version and a Japanese version?
 
What?

I'm not sure I understand the question; if there were both an English and Japanese version when it's released in Japan it would be released in the US/EU as well.... :confused:
 
What?

I'm not sure I understand the question; if there were both an English and Japanese version when it's released in Japan it would be released in the US/EU as well.... :confused:

What are you talking about? haha

My question is, when the release GT5 in March 2010 in Japan, is there an English version and Japanese version they can buy? Or is the game going to be in Japanese with full English option? (I read somewhere that in Japan some games are released in Japanese only and English only and you get to choose which to buy??)
 
In Japan they release almost all games either only in Japanese or with multiple languages on disc (like in every other country too). Games in Hong Kong are often in English, but i would never import a game from there because of the online support (patches, DLC and so on).
 
Japanese only.

English Asian editions are only available in Hong Kong. And it won't be released in English until it's available in Europe and North America.
 
Nice...lol

They thought of it all!
 
Japanese only.

English Asian editions are only available in Hong Kong. And it won't be released in English until it's available in Europe and North America.

I believe HKG release of GT5 will be in traditional chinese at first and as you've suggested, an english version when the rest of the world get theirs. At least that's the way it was when GT5 Prologue (PSN version) was released (which was just a few months after JPN release but still a few months prior to EU and NA release).

Although the disc itself it's region-specific, the online (connection) and even some of the game content might be. Personally, I'd only import if you plan to purchase another GT5 for you own region.
 
In Japan, release in Mar 25 (Thursday), 2010.
probably language in only Japanese .

langurge in GT5 Prologue (disc) ;
BCJS-30017 NTSC/J = Japanese only
BCAS-20027 NTSC/Asia = Traditional Chinese only
BCKS-10030 NTSC/Korea = Korean only
BCUS-98158 NTSC/UC = English only
BCES-00104 PAL = English and Multilingual by account nation

all versions GT5P worked in any nations account. but needs JP account and JP-PSN ticket for purchase Japanese DLC.
playing NTSC versions in PAL area, required HD display 720p and more.
maybe GT5 same as GT5P, but able to carry over GT-PSP garage. it has possibillity of some restrictions for save data and account in this time.
 
Last edited:
Japanese only.

English Asian editions are only available in Hong Kong. And it won't be released in English until it's available in Europe and North America.

:lol: Yeah you know why they've done that hey? So there's no cheating! Everybody has to wait their turn. So importing it is really only good if you can read Japanese?
 
Now I am in this very awkward situation...the HK version comes out on 25 march, but the online support is like James May riding turtles in a marathon...I don't even know if I should buy it at launch, or wait for the EU/NA version with immense agony...
 
Now I am in this very awkward situation...the HK version comes out on 25 march, but the online support is like James May riding turtles in a marathon...I don't even know if I should buy it at launch, or wait for the EU/NA version with immense agony...

It all depends on when the US version is released, dunnit? If it's one or two weeks, I'd wait. If it's one-two months, maybe not.
 
Anyone with the Asian (Chinese or English) version of GT5:Prologue, can you please confirm if this region version of GT5 Prologue has been updated with the patch for Spec 3? Last I heard every region had it except the Asian version, which was still stuck on Spec 2. I'm thinking of getting the Asian version of GT5 in English if it releases earlier but may probably wait and settle for the Western region version for fear that PD may delay or stop updates/DLC support for it(like what I heard of Prologue unless someone can confirm that it was untrue).
 
Anyone with the Asian (Chinese or English) version of GT5:Prologue, can you please confirm if this region version of GT5 Prologue has been updated with the patch for Spec 3? Last I heard every region had it except the Asian version, which was still stuck on Spec 2. I'm thinking of getting the Asian version of GT5 in English if it releases earlier but may probably wait and settle for the Western region version for fear that PD may delay or stop updates/DLC support for it(like what I heard of Prologue unless someone can confirm that it was untrue).


From what I've heard from another Hong Kong GT player here few weeks ago, the game (Traditional Chinese version) was still stuck on Spec II!! That's why I've given up that version a year ago! 👎
 
Japanese only.

English Asian editions are only available in Hong Kong. And it won't be released in English until it's available in Europe and North America.

Yeah... can't count with that Chinese import like I did with demon souls :(
 
From what I've heard from another Hong Kong GT player here few weeks ago, the game (Traditional Chinese version) was still stuck on Spec II!! That's why I've given up that version a year ago! 👎

So what I heard is true. I guess for those who cant wait (if the English version is like 3 months or so apart), then getting the Japanese version is the way to go. Thanks for confirming by the way.
 
So importing it is really only good if you can read Japanese?


Maybe the other way around - perhaps the "importers" will need to be able to read English!!!

I can easily visualise an EU launch prior to Japan.👍
 
Maybe the other way around - perhaps the "importers" will need to be able to read English!!!

I can easily visualise an EU launch prior to Japan.👍

I hope so. Because I think EU launch dates are the same as AU ones.
 
playing NTSC versions in PAL area, required HD display 720p and more.

I don't know about GT5P but my experience with others games and demos tells me you only need a display capable of 480i.
 
Maybe the other way around - perhaps the "importers" will need to be able to read English!!!

I can easily visualise an EU launch prior to Japan.👍

I wish.. but history hints otherwise.

Just look at prologue.. how many months did we get that after the japanese release? let's not even talk about how much later we got all the other GT installments. :nervous:
 
In Japan, release in Mar 25 (Thursday), 2010.

Is it definately confirmed the 25th March then? I must've missed that announcement in the news section. At least we've got a solid date then.
 
Is it definately confirmed the 25th March then? I must've missed that announcement in the news section. At least we've got a solid date then.

Nothing official. Just more Japanese retailers having guesses or 'inside knowledge'.
 
Nothing official. Just more Japanese retailers having guesses or 'inside knowledge'.

D'oh, I got excited then! Don't know why though, it's only a week earlier than I thought it was going to be released. It's just that reading these forums everyday for the slightest scrap of news really gets me hyped:D
 
i dont know about you guys but iam seriously doubting the march release. i mean seriously its half way through January and we have Feb and march thats it. a little over 2 months and we still dont have any solid news about GT5 in terms of release date, features, tracks (20-70 whats that), damage etc any of you guys feel this way?
 
i dont know about you guys but iam seriously doubting the march release. i mean seriously its half way through January and we have Feb and march thats it. a little over 2 months and we still dont have any solid news about GT5 in terms of release date, features, tracks (20-70 whats that), damage etc any of you guys feel this way?
Just because we do not have the information does not mean the game is not on track. We got the cover out of the blue after all. Once the game has gone gold, they do not need much time to press the copies and get them distributed, especially as it is just Japan getting the game to start with. 2 months is a long time.
 
i dont know about you guys but iam seriously doubting the march release. i mean seriously its half way through January and we have Feb and march thats it. a little over 2 months and we still dont have any solid news about GT5 in terms of release date, features, tracks (20-70 whats that), damage etc any of you guys feel this way?

When PD says there on schedule of March in Japan is fair to say there pretty much done. According to Kazanouri Yamauchi the game could have been released last year. I don't think any game gives you a full scale feature list before release, this certainly isn't the case for Heavy Rain, MAG, God of War 3 three other big sony exclusives coming out in the next three months.
 
Just because we do not have the information does not mean the game is not on track. We got the cover out of the blue after all. Once the game has gone gold, they do not need much time to press the copies and get them distributed, especially as it is just Japan getting the game to start with. 2 months is a long time.

Dont forget marketing as well, that takes at least a month to build up the hype and puts the game on the map for everyone to see.
 
I just can't see that Sony's marketing people would be bothering with a push now (right after Christmas) if the release date was going to be later in the year.

There was a lot of GT5 content at CES, SCEE has space at the Brussels Motor Show later this week, GT Academy running now, Geneva Motor Show / Merc SLS launch is beginning of March (no idea if Sony will be there - although they obviously have a close relationship with MB re SLs), Japan release slated as March, with Kaz saying other regions will be close...

... but all the current marketing exposure is in the West - no indication of similar levels of publicity in Japan.

If US / EU etc were to be Summer / Autumn / Winter release, why would Sony be increasing the profile of GT5 RIGHT NOW. E3 or Cologne Gamescom would be more logical if western release was delayed substantially.
 
I just can't see that Sony's marketing people would be bothering with a push now (right after Christmas) if the release date was going to be later in the year.

There was a lot of GT5 content at CES, SCEE has space at the Brussels Motor Show later this week, GT Academy running now, Geneva Motor Show / Merc SLS launch is beginning of March (no idea if Sony will be there - although they obviously have a close relationship with MB re SLs), Japan release slated as March, with Kaz saying other regions will be close...

... but all the current marketing exposure is in the West - no indication of similar levels of publicity in Japan.

If US / EU etc were to be Summer / Autumn / Winter release, why would Sony be increasing the profile of GT5 RIGHT NOW. E3 or Cologne Gamescom would be more logical if western release was delayed substantially.


maybe all those marketing strategies (outside Japan) reveals that the EU and NA release is in fact very close to the Japanese release date.
 
Lets Pray that we get it in March same as the Japanese.
 
Dont forget marketing as well, that takes at least a month to build up the hype and puts the game on the map for everyone to see.
I think the profile of the game is high enough already - sure they need time, but not a whole month just to market it.

As you say, I think everything we are seeing outside of Japan is merely an indication that the EU and US launches will not be far behind.
 
Back