Japanese 80's Car of Choice?

Slightly bald and used in places. I spotted it The Argus free ads!

Does this officially go down as a Thread Hijack? I'll bring it back on course by pointing out that I am going to run the 83 Skyline tonight... 👍

If you got it from The Argus I think I know where it's been used.....

I think we're definitely moving that way although I will say that the Levin was enormous fun:tup:

I used the Trueno, and then the 300ZX '83. Surprisingly the 300ZX understeered like a pig, made it a real challenge. In the Trueno it wasn't really a challenge, but that's because I tuned the suspension and LSD on it, I just passed everyone in the curvy bits.

I'd previously used very underpowered cars on other seasonals and put stickier tyres on, and the occasional light mod, but this time wanted to keep the car bone stock, on comfort softs (though did give them the benefit of an oil change)

Found for my level (using a DS3 and all aids off except ABS 1) the Galant, 87 Skyline and 300ZX gave good value, though the 300ZX suits faster, more open tracks such as Tokyo

Had fun with the MX5 and MR2 (which spend half of the Eifel race sideways) but without mods they just don't have enough power. Would be different if it was a grid start.

The Silvia 240RS is also awesome fun, sounds good too, used it in some of the FR events, but for me is a little too quick for these races.

Last edited:
I bought a Skyline 2000 Turbo RS '83 last night...

29914254.jpg

... a car that is beautiful in it's own special way... :boggled:

I've beaten this seasonal a number of times with underpowered cars so sod it, I'm going to have some fun with this little honey straight out the box! :dopey:

I struggled with that but might try it again. The 87 Skyline is awesome though. I suspect the 89 is fun too but perhaps a little too easy.

I struggled with that but might try it again. The 87 Skyline is awesome though. I suspect the 89 is fun too but perhaps a little too easy.

I agree, it was quite disappointing considering it had the specs to win this relatively easily. In the end I got it to work by tuning the suspension and leaving the engine and tyres stock.

Skyline Hard Top 2000 RS-X Turbo C (R30) '84
EifelKart-2.jpg
[/IMG]

Was never really into the seasonal's before but i can't stop taking this to Eifel.:)

Skyline Hard Top 2000 RS-X Turbo C (R30) '84
EifelKart-2.jpg
[/IMG]

Was never really into the seasonal's before but i can't stop taking this to Eifel.:)

Did you manage to win in that? I tried a couple of times but, running stock, only managed 3rd...the opponents can vary a lot though, perhaps I should try harder!

Got the best close-ish wins with the 87 Skyline, and the Silvia 240 with tyres downgraded from the standard SH to CS (it actually seemed to handle better somehow)

Did you manage to win in that? I tried a couple of times but, running stock, only managed 3rd...the opponents can vary a lot though, perhaps I should try harder!

Got the best close-ish wins with the 87 Skyline, and the Silvia 240 with tyres downgraded from the standard SH to CS (it actually seemed to handle better somehow)

I put a few things on it as i was just finding it a bit tough, what a blast it is to drive.

I had so much fun with the TODAY G '85 at Eifel, I went back to the tune shop, added a some more HP and a fully customizable transmission and went to Tsukuba. The car has a unique sound, probably not for everyone, but I like it.

I found the Isuzu 4200R in the premium dealership and suped it up a little, painted it, and its a blast to drive, nice little 4.2 LT5 V8 and it sounds awesome.

Posted this elsewhere but it will fit here too.

Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62 had to tune it a bit as it only had 82hp:)
EifelKart_2-2.jpg
[/IMG]
I love the little track at Eifel whith the old FR cars :tup:such a blast.

I used the '86 MR2 N/A. Had to mod the crap out of it but I forced myself to use comfort soft tires. It would break loose if I gave it too much gas exiting corners (despite going crazy with the LSD) and it couldn't hold a line on those Eifel dips but that was part of the excitement. Video at the link below, but before you criticize my mistakes, keep in mind...comfort soft tires!

Japanese '80s Eifel Video -- 417pp on Comfort Soft

Back