Japanese 80s Festival

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 437 comments
Sorry for bringing an old post to the new ones. But I'm having a big trouble to win tsukuba event
I am looking for some help, tunes or how the grid with first and second place has to be. Which cars have to be there. I would also need more if someone can share a car to win it

Thanks a lot!

Your best bet is to have a read through this thread - there will be tunes and line ups. 👍

However i did it with the unusual Isuzu 4200 Concept which is premium and you can get from the dealership. Check out the old Car of the Week. It will need ballast and limiter: my review here.

Wow, things really changed with the seasonals after the update. I went back in to try and complete the London and Tsukuba races in this one with the Skyline (about 365PP) I had been using only to find that it was now over the PP.

I didn't realize just how much the 2.10 update had impacted the PP calculations. I was having a tough time with the Skyline at 365 PP and was going to up it slightly just to get these done. After the update, I had to set the Engine Limiter to a lower setting. I now feel helpless to get these done with the Skyline as a can't get much below 5:35 for the race which is about 5 seconds behind the Miata's that always seem to be on the point. Seemed like before I was getting some other cars which were running 5:37s, but I have been in and out of the race at least a dozen times now and I aleways pull a Miata which runs a 5:30 for the race.

I have tried switching to the Honda Mugen Race car and have gotten to within about 2 seconds of the leader, but I can't seem to run consistent laps mostly because of traffic which either slows me down or forces me to miss a braking or turn in point.

I'm going to You Tube to have someone show me how it's done.

Edit - Finally got a lineup that didn't have the Miata or the R32 at the front and won both Tsukuba and London o back to back races. Best I was ever able to do on London with a rabbit at the point was a 5:32 but that was still 2 seconds behind the winner. This was one of the hardest seasonals for me.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm having real trouble with this following the updates with new PP classifications. I've managed to get within 3 seconds of a Miata at Tsukuba with the Mugen Race Car significantly tuned down but can't get anywhere closer. Looks like I'll have to keep on trying it with different lineups in the hope that the Miata or R32 don't appear.

Yeah I'm having real trouble with this following the updates with new PP classifications. I've managed to get within 3 seconds of a Miata at Tsukuba with the Mugen Race Car significantly tuned down but can't get anywhere closer. Looks like I'll have to keep on trying it with different lineups in the hope that the Miata or R32 don't appear.

It took a long time before the Miata or Skyline didn't appear. I would say probably about 15 times of going in and out before I finally got the City as the car on point.

It took a long time before the Miata or Skyline didn't appear. I would say probably about 15 times of going in and out before I finally got the City as the car on point.
Yeah, I was using the '89 Mitsubishi Gallant VR-4 and I had to restart until I got the City at the pole. He slowed the GT-R enough for me to catch him on the very last hairpin before the straight. Ridiculous race though, shouldn't have to restart to get the grid you like...

Struggled with tsubuka. Did it with the mogul civic in the end but only with skid recovery farce on:/ without I did a run of all laps 1:08 . Xx but lost by 2 seconds. Turned srf on and did it first go setting 1:06..

Barely came 2nd on Tsukuba with a Toyota Carina. Is this PD's answer to hackers? To make Seasonal Events rage-inducing? Wow. :indiff:

I had a supercharged mr2 couldn't do it. Zpduh quit and reload the race if there's 3x mx5's or a skyline in first on the grid. Sad but true:/

I had a supercharged mr2 couldn't do it. Zpduh quit and reload the race if there's 3x mx5's or a skyline in first on the grid. Sad but true:/

I eventually gave up after 15, count 'em, 15 ATTEMPTS. The reward car is crap anyway, so it isn't worth the rage in my opinion.

I have a couple of cars on share right now that might do the trick. I wish I still had the Skyline GTS I used to beat this but the MR2 turbo should do it fine if you can resist the urge to drift every corner.

Last edited:
Ok after trying the S13 silvia and the AE86 (neither with success) I tried the 87 civic motul.... knocked lap times from 108 down to 106.5-107... this helped...but it realy didnt help enough. entering and exiting until the City Turbo II was starting first helped, passed the R32 GTS at the first bend of the last lap (as others have done)...didnt mess around with the suspension or lsd..just limited power to 172hp 420pp..

I dont think it matters too much what car you use as long as its sorta semi-light and short gear ratios for quick acceleration, and having that City turbo in first at the start.. apart from Tsukuba they are all easy and did the rest with the AE86 :)

if anyone is still having trouble with this event I could put my Skyline up so people can borrow it has Lewis's Tune built on to it :) if you want PM me on here or through the PSN

hey guys, just tried out this race for a first time... it was kind of a pain... I didn't have that many cars that would qualify for the race... had a Skyline and Mitsubishi Pajero... none really did the trick... since I didn't wanna cycle through UCD, I just decided to get the Isuzu 4200R... got it on the 3rd try... first one was just a tuning run, 2nd run I came within about a second of the Miata and it wasn't a well-raced run at all... so you can probably win using this tune if you actually try even with the Miata in front... 3rd run I tweaked the brakes a bit plus got lucky with the Civic holding up the grid... beat the Skyline out at the end of lap 4/beginning of lap 5 straightaway... cruised the last lap to victory... anyways, people were asking for a tune... this is a rather simple Isuzu 4200R tune, but it does the job well enough where you can just cruise to victory really... file attached... hope this helps if you're struggling

wtorb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^ that's what I told 'em, but no one seemed to listen. I think it was dismissed as the ravings of a madman :lol:

hey guys, just tried out this race for a first time... it was kind of a pain... I didn't have that many cars that would qualify for the race... had a Skyline and Mitsubishi Pajero... none really did the trick... since I didn't wanna cycle through UCD, I just decided to get the Isuzu 4200R... got it on the 3rd try... first one was just a tuning run, 2nd run I came within about a second of the Miata and it wasn't a well-raced run at all... so you can probably win using this tune if you actually try even with the Miata in front... 3rd run I tweaked the brakes a bit plus got lucky with the Civic holding up the grid... beat the Skyline out at the end of lap 4/beginning of lap 5 straightaway... cruised the last lap to victory... anyways, people were asking for a tune... this is a rather simple Isuzu 4200R tune, but it does the job well enough where you can just cruise to victory really... file attached... hope this helps if you're struggling

wtorb.jpg

This! Thank you, you made my day a little easier. :)

Back