Japanese 80s Festival

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 437 comments
Yup, that's usually how I downtune my cars for races, remove downforce and add ballast, usually gives you more room to add engine power resulting in more torque for better acceleration and top speeds. I think that's a great tip, felixcool5.

I believe there is a glitch in the Tsukuba track challenge here.. at the first split time you're only about 15 seconds behind, but at the next, you're suddenly about 30 seconds behind.. In all the other challenges you start out being about 15 seconds behind, but there is no problem winning those challenges being about 10 seconds ahead..

I tried tuning the **** out of a '89 Miata and never got a faster lap than 1.07.996 on the Tsukuba track, but had no problem beating the other challenges, therefore my thoughts are, that it's just a bug in the game..

But i guess i have to beat the Tsukuba challenge using that Mugen to get the win.. even though i consider it cheating to use racecars to beat regular cars, but hey, Life's not fair :)

LONG/EPIC REPLY....
I have tried everything to win race three, I used twelve [count 'em] different cars: ('89 GTS Skyline [the same car as the leader], the premium '89 Miata, the Nissan 240RS, '89 Nissan 300ZX [premium; extremely downtuned & an epic failure], Honda City & Today micro cars [epic failures in both cars], '83 Mitsubishi Lancer, '86 Toyota Celica GT-Four, Nissan EXA [that lousy Pulsar wagon thing, didn't do bad, but wish I had a normal Pulsar], '86 Toyota MR2 Supercharged [another epic failure], Isuzu's awesome Piazza [got third in that one], and most recently: '89 Toyota Carina [which I tried creating my very first tuning setup on, which failed even worse than before I screwed it up] I won Tskuba in the Miata after about 5 attempts, took Deep Forest with it on my first attempt. [I'll skip over the London one.] Took Sarthe in the Piazza [won it twice: the first time straight up {no turn cuts}, the second time I cut both chicanes on both laps]. Then I challenged Mount Aso in the Exa. I got a close second [the Exa wouldn't get better finish than that so I gave up on it after trying both the Piazza & Miata; which did 4th & 2nd respectively]. Then about two days later, a surprise came into the dealership: a low mileage 1983 Nissan 240RS road car (a car that I've always wanted ever since I acquired the rally car). I couldn't say no. I purchased it and made it 420 performance points & challenged Mount Aso for the fourth time & won regardless of a transmission issue. Then I took that car to London & did rather poorly. I need that Nissan R89C. Can someone kindly offer me some advice? Thank You!

I believe there is a glitch in the Tsukuba track challenge here.. at the first split time you're only about 15 seconds behind, but at the next, you're suddenly about 30 seconds behind.. In all the other challenges you start out being about 15 seconds behind, but there is no problem winning those challenges being about 10 seconds ahead..

I tried tuning the **** out of a '89 Miata and never got a faster lap than 1.07.996 on the Tsukuba track, but had no problem beating the other challenges, therefore my thoughts are, that it's just a bug in the game..

But i guess i have to beat the Tsukuba challenge using that Mugen to get the win.. even though i consider it cheating to use racecars to beat regular cars, but hey, Life's not fair :)

I used the premium Miata (no setup) & won it after a while. I guess I could've gotten lucky.

I used the premium Miata (no setup) & won it after a while. I guess I could've gotten lucky.

golded it with the Civic race car. Took the lead on the straight in front of the last corner. That was on the 10th attempt. Couldn't win that race when Mx5's started in 1st position.

I already posted a tune, and have a replay available too of winning the Tsukuba race with a Skyline GTS-T '89, which had a Miata starting in 1st position (the most difficult grid line up).

I was lapping down to 1:05.7xx without SRF, and finished the race in a flat 5m:30s.

Link to the tune I made. This beat the Miata comfortably, got ahead during turn 2 of the final lap.

Our driving styles must be completely different, because the tune you showed would work better for me as a Drift car. The stock setup for the '89 Skyline let me run faster laps.

Man really got my butt kicked on the first race. Will tune the Honda and try again. Great challenge tho !! I ran 1:08's at best
I just need the car to turn in !!

I suppose no one can help me out? (insert emoji here)

Practice.

I'm guessing you don't know the London layout very well.
It's a nightmare track for me anyway.

Try out the Mitsubishi Pajero (Shogun) Rally Raid car.
With some fancy differential tuning you can make it very quick around London.

Same goes for the Skyline GTR R32 '89.

For the Tsukuba race, I managed to win in the first two cars I tried out. The first car is the Premium Nissan 300ZX '89 with custom suspension. Average lap times for me were between 106.6 - 107.2, meaning I only just won on the last corner.

The other car was the older R32 Skyline.

Anyway, here's my set up for it if anyone's interested. I ran several laps in the 1:05's, making it an easy win. The car might be a bit slippery for some people, put 3rd gear is perfect for pulling out of the hairpins without wheelspinning, powersliding or bogging the engine down. I also saved the replay if needed for whatever reason.

IMAG0242.jpg

Thanks for the tune, worked quite well for me.

I didn't have the luxury of the r32, but if you're stuck with a miata or cellica I'd suggest waiting for the city turbo to be in the top spot. He held up the skyline and miatas till I got to them on the final lap. I used a miata 180HP, and a wing. No assists or tuning. Should give you 1:08's

I won that race with a mr2. Surprisingly very easy with little mods. I don't recall with mr2 I used or what the set up was and I have like 10 or so. I'll look them all when I get out of work and post it here.

at first i had a lot of trouble with these races, i dont even remember which one it was (1 or 2 of these were extra hard).

a guy over at gamefaqs told me to wait untill 1 or 2 of the lead cars were not in the race, i honestly dont remember the names of these cars or car.

now what i would like to know, if this/these car/cars are in fact in the race, is it actually possible to win this race? i remember it being easy to do when these cars where not in it, seemed impossible with them.

Thanks to all the tips on this forum, especially Lewis_Hamilton_'s, I took an '89 Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) and slapped that tune on with my own drag racing inspired transmission, and then I restarted the race 5 times to get the City Turbo to be first place, then the '89 Nissan Skyline GTS-t (R32), Accord and then that pain MX-5, second attempt, and the Turbo held the Skyline long enough for me to catch up, and slam into the rear of the Skyline braking into turn 2 on lap 5 :D, we went sliding, and then my 4WD kicked his FR's butt out of the turn for me to take the gold a little later. I was running 1:08:xxx, on the higher side!

If anyone is still having trouble I used a Toyota Mr2 1600 1986. I have it on share if you need to borrow it.

Just got gold at Tsukuba with MX5 NA special package, 0.2 sec ahead of 2nd. Spent about an hour to tweak different set of cars etc, was a real pain in the ... but also great fun :)

I beat Tsukuba easy with a 1989 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0L DOHC Turbo VR-4 with a stage 1 engine tune, chassis reinforcement, racing suspension, and all the usual drivetrain fun bits. I waited until I got a lineup with no Skyline and the Miata safely behind a Honda City Turbo II and an 88 Accord coupe, which held it back long enough for me to catch up and take first on the last turn of lap 5.

My tune goes as follows:
Suspension:
Ride Height: -20 -20
Spring Rate: 9.3 9.3
Dampers (ext): 4 4
Dampers (Comp): 4 4
Anti roll: 2 2
Camber angle: 0 0
Toe angle: -.15 -.10

Drivetrain:
LSD:
Initial Torque: 10 10
Accel: 40 40
Braking: 20 20

Front/Rear torque split: 35/65

Threw the Motul Civic at this group and won all pretty easily. Detuned it to get under the PP requirement. Only change I made was to the gearing for Le Sarthe - wanted to pass everyone down the straights! :) Margin was tightest on the London race, just 7 seconds, but the rest were double digit margins.

I guess throwing a race car at what is clearly a road race is somewhat cheating yourself, but I really wanted that R89! :D

Threw the Motul Civic at this group and won all pretty easily. Detuned it to get under the PP requirement. Only change I made was to the gearing for Le Sarthe - wanted to pass everyone down the straights! :) Margin was tightest on the London race, just 7 seconds, but the rest were double digit margins.

I guess throwing a race car at what is clearly a road race is somewhat cheating yourself, but I really wanted that R89! :D

I tried that car with no luck. Next suggestion?

I tried that car with no luck. Next suggestion?

Really? Odd. It must make a difference which AI grid you get, most of mine were with the Honda City and not the Eunos Roadster (which seems to be most peoples complaint about catching). I was also in a damn good groove that day with my racing, so maybe I completed it on a quick day (which is different to my 'throw my controller on the ground in a huff days').

Really? Odd. It must make a difference which AI grid you get, most of mine were with the Honda City and not the Eunos Roadster (which seems to be most peoples complaint about catching). I was also in a damn good groove that day with my racing, so maybe I completed it on a quick day (which is different to my 'throw my controller on the ground in a huff days').

The Eunos Roadster lost a tonne of PP in the last update. So it won't be a rabbit again in these seasonals it seems - second bottom PP wise in the Typical Opponents List.

Come to this race expecting a tough time like the Lambo/Nurburgring race and end up walking every race first go in my 400pp Eunos. I've drifted and spun out in most races lol.

Must be an underdog/low PP thing as I thought I was daft entering a 407 PP car as that was fully tuned except weight reduction! It won Tsukuba by 10 secs so I dropped it even further to 400 and won La Sarthe by 30 odd seconds :|

This game can be very odd and unpredictable at times.

I just ran these again for S&G's and I seemed to breeze through them. I know my skill level didn't get better in a matter of weeks because I seemed to need to drive harder before to get the golds the first time around. Maybe they nerfed it with the pp update.

This is one of the older seasonals that I never completed. So, I thought I would give it a whirl. A SKYLINE HT 2000 Turbo RS (R30) '83 just happened to come up in my UCD, so I bought it, gave it an engine overhaul, chassis update, and a custom transmission. That brought the PP up to 365. I thought it would probably be too low to compete but I gave it a try anyway.

Tsukuba is one of my worst tracks, so I skipped it and tried the others first. Basically won each of the other 4 races on either the 2nd or 3rd attempt. I am not a great driver, so I was surprised I was able to win at such a low PP. The payouts were great 900K or more for each race (with the 200% logon bonus). I didn't try Tsukuba last night but will give it try tonight. Based on the posts in the thread that seems to be hard race anyway, so probably good that I waited and got some experience with the car first. I fully suspect that I may need to actually throw a tune on the car to win it.

I really like the SKYLINE HT 2000 Turbo RS (R30) '83. Seems to fit my driving style really well and even unturned is easy for me to manage even on the comfort hards.

This is one of the older seasonals that I never completed. So, I thought I would give it a whirl. A SKYLINE HT 2000 Turbo RS (R30) '83 just happened to come up in my UCD, so I bought it, gave it an engine overhaul, chassis update, and a custom transmission. That brought the PP up to 365. I thought it would probably be too low to compete but I gave it a try anyway.

Tsukuba is one of my worst tracks, so I skipped it and tried the others first. Basically won each of the other 4 races on either the 2nd or 3rd attempt. I am not a great driver, so I was surprised I was able to win at such a low PP. The payouts were great 900K or more for each race (with the 200% logon bonus). I didn't try Tsukuba last night but will give it try tonight. Based on the posts in the thread that seems to be hard race anyway, so probably good that I waited and got some experience with the car first. I fully suspect that I may need to actually throw a tune on the car to win it.

I really like the SKYLINE HT 2000 Turbo RS (R30) '83. Seems to fit my driving style really well and even unturned is easy for me to manage even on the comfort hards.

Sorry for bringing an old post to the new ones. But I'm having a big trouble to win tsukuba event
I am looking for some help, tunes or how the grid with first and second place has to be. Which cars have to be there. I would also need more if someone can share a car to win it

Thanks a lot!

Latest Posts

Back