Japanese 80s Festival

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 437 comments
Did Deep Forest and Sarthe with an Exa LA Canopy at the 420pp limit. Easy win on the more open tracks, no use at London or Tsukuba as it's quite understeery and lights up the fronts a lot. I quite like it though for something different.

I need a Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) 89. Anybody can borrow this car please?
Or someone can tell me what the best car for all the tracks and some tips?

Last edited:
Would deep forest or mt. Aso be better for grinding Cr. ? Tried mt. Aso with 350pp motul civic won comfortably against the r32. Got approx 1 mil @ 130%. Tried the premium miata, was sliding too much to win at low pp.

I need a Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) 89. Anybody can borrow this car please?
Or someone can tell me what the best car for all the tracks and some tips?

No need for borrowing. The MX5 / Miata is found in the New Car Dealership. Go to the Mazda garage and buy a new one there. Not only that, but they also appear in the Used Car Dealership very frequently too.

I also posted a tune for it here.

No need for borrowing. The MX5 / Miata is found in the New Car Dealership. Go to the Mazda garage and buy a new one there. Not only that, but they also appear in the Used Car Dealership very frequently too.

That car isnt the Miata MX 5, its the Eunos.

That car isnt the Miata MX 5, its the Eunos.

That's incredibly picky. It's the same car with a different name due to the country that it's made for. It's still one that you can do the seasonal with and it drives exactly the same.

It's a bit like the Nissan March/Micra - same car, different name in different countries. Vauxhall and Opel are another example.

That's incredibly picky. It's the same car with a different name due to the country that it's made for. It's still one that you can do the seasonal with and it drives exactly the same.

It's a bit like the Nissan March/Micra - same car, different name in different countries. Vauxhall and Opel are another example.

How your car have 211HP and min only have 193? I upgrade everything.

What an odd seasonal.
Tsukuba - gain over 30 seconds in 5:30.
Deep Forest - gain just over 20 seconds in 7:30 on a track the AI is much worse at.
London - gain over 30 seconds in 5:30 again
La Sarthe - gain 20 seconds in 10:30

Do they even look at these before they post them?

I just beat Tsukuba with more 7sec of the second car. U used the Eunos Roadster 89, with the Lewis_Hamilton_ set up, but my car only have 204HP and 411PP.
What is the Engine Tuning Stage 3? Because i dont have that option in my car.

Thanks to Ronald6 i remember where i can do this. I juts upgrade the car and now i have 217HP and 420PP. But i only need to win the last race now.

Last edited:
The Exa Canopy was superb on the Aso track, such a good drive I ran it twice. Even with fettling the setup and adding LSD, traction was still a problem when accelerating out of the tight corners of London.

To get the job done I went for a 4WD option in the '89 Galant VR4, but it still took a few attempts and custom setup and diff settings to get the balance right for me and some rally style corners. Great fun.

I finished the series by taking Tsukuba from a Honda City Turbo II by 17 seconds, and taking London from a Civic 1500 3-Door by about 12 seconds. My ride was the Honda Mugen Civic Race Car.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

I finished the series by taking Tsukuba from a Honda City Turbo II by 17 seconds, and taking London from a Civic 1500 3-Door by about 12 seconds. My ride was the Honda Mugen Civic Race Car.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Thanks Steve, that gives me renewed hope. I'd given up on the tsukuba...the only event I haven't golded in all seasonals....I guess one reloads until a beatable lineup shows up?

SirAlanClive
Thanks Steve, that gives me renewed hope. I'd given up on the tsukuba...the only event I haven't golded in all seasonals....I guess one reloads until a beatable lineup shows up?

I did something I don't normally do- used the Isuzu 4200 concept and detuned and added ballast to get down to 420pp. By luck I had a Prelude in first which made it winnable, but still only took him on the final corner. Everything seemed pretty hopeless against the MX5s.

Absolutely. It only takes about 5 or 6 reloads as I recall.

Respectfully,
Steve

I used the CIVIC SI Race Car '87, beat Tsukuba in 5:47 (don't know how anyone was getting 1:07/1:06), My best lap, by a considerable margin, was a 1:08.2XX but most were hovering around 1:09, the final lap I took the City Turbo and the Skyline on the first corner, it does feel so cheap.

I tried it three times with three different tunes, three different AI behaviours from the same grid, the second time the City Turbo was holding up the MX-5 AND the Skyline, So I basically caught them at the back straight on the 4th lap.

I am curious to see if I'm faster in a Starion 4WD like some have mentioned (read the first 4 pages, and gave up), but the CIVIC with both of the tunes I tried understeered massively with these tires, not like how I remember this car when I could use Racing Soft tires and do the Nurburgring like a pro, thought this was the best FF car in the game back then.

I though your skyline tune was great. I applied it to the 89 GTR (4wd) skyline and it worked...and worked even better once i changed the car to resemble the GTS-T as close as possible. With this kind of tune i managed to tame the AC s/c 427 cobra as well (for the 500pp world classic challenge).

Just completed this using the Mugen Civic Race Car and got yet another R89C. I really don't get what was up with that Tsukuba event, the rest were easygoing (though I think the 2nd lap on Sarthe was just unnecessary as one lap was around the same time as five for the rest and I jumped to 1st position half-way in the first lap) but I really struggled with the Tsukuba event.

At 1.08.xxx average it was really difficult but I just managed to complete it at 1.06.7xx-1.07.4xx after 6-7 attempts and a few tweaks.

I detuned a Mitsuishi HSR-II Concept '89 and beat the first race with both the Honda City Turbo and the Civic 1500 up front. When the Miata's or the Skylines were up front I would end in 2nd or 3rd right on thier tail. I'm pretty sure if I could hold a slightly cleaner line or further tune he car, the race could be won with it. All I did was detune the power on the engine and set the transmission to 124 mph top speed. The remaining races were won with ease, just set the transmission to about 150 for sarth and you will be all set.

I don't have that many cars, as I only started playing since last week, but I won this Isuzu doing the license golds, is it worth it to use this car on this seasonal?

I finally finally finally beat these races. Thank for the tips everyone. Waiting for the City to be in the lineup helped alot...still took me over 10 trys to beat Tsukuba :ouch:

Circuit De La Sarthe 2009:
Car used: Toyota MR2 1600 G-LIMITED SUPER CHARGER '86. (PP=369)
Tires: Comfort Soft

Upgrades Used:
ECU Tuning
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
(138HP, 1070KG, 369PP)
Brake Balance 10, 10

Transmission: Manual

Total Race Time: 10:34.402
Time Between 1st Place And 2nd: +14.656

1st place standard CR: 207,500
Performance Difference Adjustment: 712,140
Daily Bonus: 200%
CR received: 1,127.140

Performance Difference Adjustment: 71728
EXP received: 113528

Comments: The car keeps up with the skylines and miata's. Be careful as the car has a tendency to preform a drift if too much gas is applied though corners. And the car needs an oil change...

I obviously suck on this race. I have used 4 different cars(motul mugen civic, 300zx, mx5 and a Turbo lancer) and the best I can do is a 1:09 lap time and finish 9 seconds behind when the leader finishes with a 10:43 race time.

I haven't been able to find a starion or a mr2 g-limited super charger in either of the used car dealerships.

dabearded1
I obviously suck on this race. I have used 4 different cars(motul mugen civic, 300zx, mx5 and a Turbo lancer) and the best I can do is a 1:09 lap time and finish 9 seconds behind when the leader finishes with a 10:43 race time.

I haven't been able to find a starion or a mr2 g-limited super charger in either of the used car dealerships.

Starting lineup made most of the difference for me, that mx5 is hard to catch.

StarLight
Just take the Mugen Motul Civic Si Race Car '87 for a ride, he will do the job.
Adjust the speed a lit bit up.
Good luck!
:)

That's what I've been using the most for this race. With many different adjustments from down force, suspension, gearing and tires to name a few. I just cannot do any better then a 1:09:xx lap time.

I've tried backing out to get a better line up as well. Seems like after doing the race 5-6 times in a row the lead cars race times get slower so I'm thinking one night I'll just keep trying till I win.

What a waste of time. Finally, I completed the Tsukuba race with a (chuckle) PAJERO Rally Raid Car '85 and my gears as close as possible, everything else stock.
The opponent lineup headed off with the Civic and the Trueno and was easily beaten, probably even with my Eunos Roadster. GRRR but the prize... A Nissan R89C Race car!!! I already have one of those. The duplicate can't be sold either, nor can I give it to my friend. So now I raced my bloody butt off for Credits... and useless, valueless race cars I can do nothing with but delete... wow

Thank you guys for your help! I bought something around 10-15 cars, boosted and tuned up to 420 PP, but no one did very good (on Tsukuba, I mean). Some of my best were the Skyline GTS-R (R31) '87, Izuzu 4200R Concept '89 and the Accord Coupe '88, the Skyline helped me getting the 2nd place with a deficit average of 4 secs behind the 1st, unfortunately... now let's see what the Mugen Motul Civic is able to!

Also, if you guys want a hint, when an event limits the performance points, it is useful to add a ballast to your car, if your car is not too weighty (it would be okay to add 150-200 kg to a 700-800 kg car, but not for a car that weighs 1300-1500kg and up...) it lowers the PP while it does not affect the horsepower, it allows you to add more power to your car!

EDIT: The Mugen Motul Civic really helped me getting the first place. I lowered the engine power first, then I changed the gearings to have a top speed of 179 km/h. I also added a stage 3 engine, thanks for everyone's help!

Last edited:
Back