Jdk speedshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm part Irish. Thank God I'm not clueless.

What the heck is that supposed to mean!???!!!!? Geez, why do I ask? :confused:

What is this? Tuning advice? :lol: Or is it specific for a certain car? If so, which one? What the heck kinda tuner says:

Spring rate higher on front on ff's. Higher on rear for fr's
Ride height front all the way down rear all the way up.
The rest varies on the car

What? So you give us half the blueprint, now we gotta figure the rest out for ourselves?????? :yuck:

OY. Well, I think we're stuck with him, guys. :indiff: TOURNIQUETFAN isn't running off to www.gamefaqs.com apparently. :(

It is a basic blueprint for my style, It may not suit all.
I thought I am suppose to share my style?
Currently working on my Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe '62, then I will give you a set-up. With aids off. Tracks are my choice.

My times for two laps in this car was 18:17:481

All parts are the best upgrades. tires used; R5's. With a turbo stage-2.

Nitrous; it was 80 decided to go down to 50

Brakes; 12/24

Suspension;
12.0/6.0
106/192
8/8
10/10
2.5/1.5
0/-2
1/1

Tranny;
Auto-13
1 2.180
2 1.565
3 1.190
4 0.490
5 0.765
6 0.645
Final; 3.500

All aids off.

No downforce.

LSD; 10/50/10

Ballast; 50
Balance; 50

No spin outs this time but I did slide once or twice. Two laps on "The Ring"', I felt I really like this car and A good set-up.

Next car; Polyphony GT on the High speed ring out side of London.
2:14:986 for two laps
The settings for that is;

Brakes; 24/24

Suspension;
All the same for stock,but on the rear ride height is changed to 65mm.

Tranny;
Auto;16
1 6.121
2 4.362
3 3.300
4 2.585
5 2.080
6 1.740
7 1.480
Final; 3.500

aids; 0/0/1

Downforce; 75/105

LSD; 20/60/30

Ballast; 100
Ballance; -50

I find that puting a 1 on the TCS just helps slightly, with take off. I was spinning really bad until I added weight. Not a track to be doing donuts on! Still super fast! Try it yourself.

Next car will be the Chrysler Prowler'02 The track will be; Tsukuba 1 lap. I got a 57.685
All best parts available R5's used along with a stage-3 N/A tuning.
the set-up for that is;

Nitrous;50

Brakes;12/24

Suspension;
9.6/8.6
79/144
8/8
10/10
1.5/1.5
0/-1
1/7

Tranny;
Auto;13
1 3.540
2 2.465
3 1.755
4 1.350
5 1.055
Final; 3.550

Downforce;15/30

LSD;15/60/30

Ballast;50
Balance;-30

This one ran okay, but I felt it had a little understeer, I will have to correct that. Quite a few dirt trap slides but no donuts.

Next I will run the Ford Model-T-Tourer the only thing I put on that is a rollcage. The track will be; Laguna Seca.

I put a Ballast of 50 then 100 at the rear, and it still did a donut, but had trouble going up the "Corkscrew", so maybe with a TCS of one and a ballast of 50.
My time was;3:43:682 I am trying to build the car up from little-to-no aid cars. So give me patients and I will get this.
Here it is dang-near 40 seconds off that time with that fix!; 3:04:882 I like this much better!

I'll run my GSX-R/4 next on Fuji speedway; 90's 2 laps

Last edited:
*clap clap clap* FINALLY HE GETS IT!!

Good work, but only advice I will now give you is to seperate your tunes into individual posts as we don't look at 20 setups in one post, it makes it too cluttered and difficult to understand. Look at my garage (and the others for that matter), the whole first page is nothing but seperate posts for different tunes. 👍

And I thought the Jonas brothers were over-hyped...:indiff:

Ummm, front as low as posible, rear as high as possible? Oooooooooookaaaaaaaaaayy.

Here it is dang-near 40 seconds off that time with that fix!;
Who the hell uses the word dang? God isn't going to set you on fire if you say damn, although Bible-thumpers might.

Who the hell uses the word dang? God isn't going to set you on fire if you say damn, although Bible-thumpers might.

He will if you believe, but that is outside the scope of this forum.
I have no idea how to separate them and yes tail up and nose down if that answers everybodies questions.

Here is that GSX-R/4; on Fuji Speedway 90's 2 laps I made a 3:02:720 there with this set-up

All best parts used, R5s along with a stage 2 turbo

Nitrous; 70

Brakes;12/24

Suspension;
12.5/14.5
66/120
8/8
10/10
2.5/1.5
0/-2
4/7
New tranny set-up.
Tranny; This one gave me a 3:07:654 a few seconds off, but I feel that this tranny is better set for smaller tracks.
Auto;13 Auto; 11
1 3.515/ 1 5.860
2 2.525/ 2 4.127
3 1.905/ 3 2.955
4 1.500/ 4 2.243
5 1.215/ 5 1.784
6 1.020/ 6 1.487
Final; 3.500/ Final; 3.800

all aids off

Down force; 15/30

LSD;15/50/25

Ballast; 50/100 new weight, with smaller tracks.
Ballance; -50

Another great set-up, no donuts, but a few grassy slides.

onto my next set-up. Not much to work with but here it is. Nike One 2022.
R5's used along with a roll cage. This is the tarmac set-up.

aids; 0/0/1

Ballast; 100
Balance; 50

Next on the list will be my Beetle 1100 standard '49

Last edited:
Still here. *sigh* It's like we can't pay this guy to leave!

He will if you believe, but that is outside the scope of this forum.

How do you know God's a "he", not a she or an it? Christian concept of God is moralistically wrong, if you ask me. All it does is confuse.

Well, if the mods are okay with this guy butchering GTP, that'll have to do then. :indiff:

Last edited:
Still here. *sigh* It's like we can't pay this guy to leave!

How do you know God's a "he", not a she or an it? Chritian concept of God is moralistically wrong, if you ask me.

Well, if the mods are okay with this guy butchering GTP, that'll have to do then. :indiff:

You gotta give a guy a chance man! The thread is a mess but I have the tunes!
Any how, onto the bug, I will be doing 2 laps on Apricot hill. Fantastic control! 3:36:935 Handled well to my liking!

All the best possible upgrades R5's along with a stage 1 turbo.
It's tough alright!

Nitrous; 75

Brakes;12/24

Suspension;
9.4/12.4
112/204
8/8
10/10
1/-2
1/7

Tranny;
auto;10
1 2.083
2 1.359
3 0.955
4 0.697
5 0.537
Final;4.430

All aids off.

No Downforce

LSD;10/50/30

Ballast;50
Ballance;-50

I wish all my cars could control this great!

I think i'll try the beast next! This looks like a 1/4 mile hugger, but maybe I can change that.(Buick Special '62)

All the best upgrades, along with R5's and a blower. This time took forever to achieve in what I call the "Beast" on Tsukuba. 0:59.206
Settings;

Nitrous; 30

Brakes; 24/24

Suspension;
13.0/12.0
67/122
8/8
10/10
2.0/1.0
0/-2
1/1

Tranny;
Auto;20
1 2.355
2 1.650
3 1.225
4 0.940
5 0.740
6 0.604
Final; 3.700

Aids; 0/0/2

No downforce

LSD; 15/30/5

Ballast; 200
Balance; 50

Boy this is a tough car to work with! Maybe it is only for 'Vegas but who knows. I'll try back later.

Last edited:
Oh, we've given you lots of chances! Two (or is it three?) locked threads and hundreds of posts, now. Anyways, like I said, it's really not up to me....

Keep posting tunes, though. We'd like to see more. 💡

Oh, we've given you lots of chances! Two (or is it three?) locked threads and hundreds of posts, now. Anyways, like I said, it's really not up to me....

Keep posting tunes, though. We'd like to see more. 💡

Somebody said you review them, go on tell me what you think?

Let's see....tracks listed? Yes. Tunes listed? Yes. Okay, I'll do it. You gotta give me a day, though. I'm about to eat and go to bed pretty soon...

Let's see....tracks listed? Yes. Tunes listed? Yes. Okay, I'll do it. You gotta give me a day, though. I'm about to eat and go to bed pretty soon...

I probally won't take your advice, because the way I see it is that every one drives differently, so maybe you will take that in to consideration, please? However if I see a good fix I more than likely will use it.

Next I will try the high torqued Tank Car.I wonder how this will do?

Well on Tsukuba, 1 lap i'm trying to get it even, It is either to lose or to tight, I am thinking 150 Ballast and 0/0/5 On driving aids 1:16:683 The parts I used was a rollcage and R5's. It's the best it's gonna get.

My next one will be my Chevy SSR, I'm gonna make this a supercharged Drag car!
I got 10:858 on that. Boy it's tough building a Drag car!

I am getting ready to work on two awesome looking cars,or at least I think so! And the locations where I will be testing Them.
The AUDI Lemans Quatro '02 (LaSarthe, no chicanes). I got a 4:14:296
The AUDI Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37m (the ring).

I guess everyone has a reason for opening a garage and my reason is to work on the wakiest, cool looking, cars in the game! On top of that my job is to make them Hot-Rod style. That time up there is obviously putrid and I think I will stay out of the drag buisness. It is not even worth listing the set-up!

Last edited:
I tried setting up one of your cars (the '62 Skyline), but this ...
All parts are the best upgrades
... is not enough information.

Can I assume you used Engine Balance?
Port Polish?
Weight reduction?
Chassis stiffness?
Oil change?
And what about the exact order for setting up the transmission?
There are probably some others.
Please give a comprehensive list including power, weight etc.

PF
I tried setting up one of your cars (the '62 Skyline), but this ...

... is not enough information.

Can I assume you used Engine Balance?
Port Polish?
Weight reduction?
Chassis stiffness?
Oil change?
And what about the exact order for setting up the transmission?
There are probably some others.
Please give a comprehensive list including power, weight etc.

racing exhaust
racing chip
R5 tires both on front/rear
Nitrous
stage 2 turbo
racing brakes
brake controller
racing suspension
racing tranny
triple plate clutch
racing fly wheel
carbon drive shaft
all aids off
no wing
fc lsd
weight-50
stage 3 weight red.
port polish
engine balancing
roll cage
balance, all the way to the rear
oil change
used rims pd? the ones that look like muscle car.
car wash

Is this what you are looking for?

I finished the V16 type streamline, it works much better than stock!

Brakes; 24/24

Suspension;
6.0/6.0
65/120
6/6
10/10
4/-4
7/7

Tranny;
Auto; 13
1 3.792
2 2.655
3 1.965
4 1.527
5 1.228
Final;2.500

aids;0/0/2

Downforce; 25/35

LSD; 10/15/5

Ballast; 200
Balance;-50

Easy donuts once was, now it eats donuts! Fantastic!

I will get to the Lemans Quattro tomorrow. it is close though.

Last edited:
Thank you squire, that is good enough (power and weight figures - as requested - would be nice too).

I'll try to get some PS2 time to try this one tonight because the tune is so profoundly outlandish that it deserves forensic examination.

PF
Thank you squire, that is good enough (power and weight figures - as requested - would be nice too).

I'll try to get some PS2 time to try this one tonight because the tune is so profoundly outlandish that it deserves forensic examination.

189 HP/4800 RPM
199.85ft.lb./3600 RPM
Weight; 1197

Wait wait let me get this straight, R5 tyres, downforce, ride heights that don't impress the schooled and all on cars less than 200hp? :banghead:

Wait wait let me get this straight, R5 tyres, downforce, ride heights that don't impress the schooled and all on cars less than 200hp? :banghead:
N4HS: The stats get more bizarre the more you look at them.
Stg 3 weight reduction plus ballast of 50 or more kg?
Then think about the shocks that look like iron testicles, and stabs at circa 1/1.
Oh, and then there's the spring rate...
Add all that to a min/max F/R ride height ... I'm really keen to see what happens

A Buick that does 0'59.2 on Tsukuba with full upgrades, and R5s? I can beat that in a set-up that I can put together in 2 minutes. I'd like to see you try a Skyline GT-R R34, I managed to do Tsukuba in under 47 seconds in it.

PF
N4HS: The stats get more bizarre the more you look at them.
Stg 3 weight reduction plus ballast of 50 or more kg?
Then think about the shocks that look like iron testicles, and stabs at circa 1/1.
Oh, and then there's the spring rate...
Add all that to a min/max F/R ride height ... I'm really keen to see what happens

Did you just refer to me as my old user title?:sly: All in all, I was trying not to read too much of the posts lest my IQ drop.:scared::lol:

Toyota Minolta race car in the best track in the world

for fun TYRES.R5's THE NURBURGRING
suspension kit
spring rate front 13.2 rear 10.4
ride height 104 rear 105
damper bounce side 10 rear 10
damper rebound 1 rear 10
camber angle 2.0 rear 0.3
toe angle -4 rear -4
stabilizers 7 rear 7
weight balance
ballast weight 7
front/rear-50

break balance
2/1

gears
final 3.917
auto settings 25
fully packed
NO ROLLCAGE
LSD 10.40.20
DOWN FORCE FULL
UNDER FIVE IN A LAP OF TWO:tup:

How do you use R5's effectively on the nurburgring? They'd be completely red after about 1/4 of a lap in a normally tuned car, and with that insane amount of toe-in you're going to burn them out even faster.

How do you use R5's effectively on the nurburgring? They'd be completely red after about 1/4 of a lap in a normally tuned car, and with that insane amount of toe-in you're going to burn them out even faster.
if you have the wheel and you put it on pro with no steering assist:)ONLY FOR HOT LAPS with no tc.and tyre damage

Last edited:
well it could be of some things if you have the wheel and you put it on pro with no steering assist:)

Seriously. You typed this out and it made sense? You know we're watching this thread and still you type gibberish and avoid either shift key?

I've told you once in this thread, three posts ago. Stop. It.
I apologise Famine.what I should be saying is. these settings are for everyone two enjoy they will drop your time if you give them a chance. they will help you get past the barrer that you thought was impossible.

Did TOURNIQUETE FAN hack paddy's acount our something???

Anyways, part of me really wants to try out some of these "Cars" just to see how good (or bad) they really are...But i haven't played GT4 in a while now and my skills are probably rusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back