Jeep Renegade: The Fiat based baby Jeep

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 164 comments
@kikie - That's nothing. Jeep uses that song in one of their commercials, and it always runs before movies here in Canadian theatres. It also plays fairly often on the radio, so they've really forced the connection, and I can't listen to it in the car without suddenly getting the urge to take a rebodied Fiat out for some light off-roading.

Fun fact of the day, Jeep actually approached the x ambassadors to make a song for their new Jeep renegade... This was the song, so yes this song was actually made for this Jeep.

Fun fact of the day, Jeep actually approached the x ambassadors to make a song for their new Jeep renegade... This was the song, so yes this song was actually made for this Jeep.
Unfortunately, that song is annoying catchy, therefore I don't really like it.

So my sister almost bought one of these. I drove it first in my initial car hunt early this year, and wasn't very impressed with it. It felt a bit mushy and unresponsive (And this wasn't even the base trim), and reeked strongly of seawater - probably because it's shipped overseas. I did like the quirkiness and the 30 or so Easter eggs in it.

My sister tried it more recently and absolutely loved it. It was perfect for what she needed...

She ended up not buying it because they tried to force her into a $480/month lease on a $21,000 car. She ended up buying a Jeep Compass worth 29k on a $270/month lease. For comparison, my $20k Mazda3 is $234 a month.

None of us were happy with the Jeep dealership.

So my sister almost bought one of these. I drove it first in my initial car hunt early this year, and wasn't very impressed with it. It felt a bit mushy and unresponsive (And this wasn't even the base trim), and reeked strongly of seawater - probably because it's shipped overseas. I did like the quirkiness and the 30 or so Easter eggs in it.

My sister tried it more recently and absolutely loved it. It was perfect for what she needed...

She ended up not buying it because they tried to force her into a $480/month lease on a $21,000 car. She ended up buying a Jeep Compass worth 29k on a $270/month lease. For comparison, my $20k Mazda3 is $234 a month.

None of us were happy with the Jeep dealership.
A Compass? Aren't those the worse thing Jeep makes?

A Compass? Aren't those the worse thing Jeep makes?

Absolutely. It's still a Caliber underneath, and it was one of the cars that wasn't paid nearly as much attention when the entire Chrysler model range was updated post-bankruptcy.

Doesn't the Compass basically still use the Mitsubishi-Hyundai-Chrysler 2.0?

If so, it should be reliable.

-

Also, the stoppie issue... I just can't wait to get my hands on one... if they field it in P-COTY this year, we should get some great braking test videos of that. :lol:

Jeep unveils the facelifted 2019 Renegade
2019-jeep-renegade-02.jpg
2019-jeep-renegade-03.jpg

Back