JPN Gran Turismo 5:Prologue Update confirmed!

• Thread starter skingg
  • 383 comments
finally got it updated and connecting to a online race is much improved but why are there only japanese players??? i thought the whole point of online was that it was world wide???

maybe you just went in the wrong time, because i was playing yesterday and not all of them are japanese. we should all set up an online race meet one day. question is, how do you set that up ?

Downloaded and installed the update today. Thanks to all of the early adopters on here with instructions about what to do. I've only taken the Audi TT on a handful of tracks in time trial so far but it definitely looks like a nice update. This will tide me over until the US version ships when I'll actually be able to read the menus.

Wow, I didn't even know the JPN versrion would be updated until I connected and my game began updating today!!

I'm so excited. The new F1 car model is mind blowing. I have all these new cars and options but I'm totally confused.

How the hell am I going to make 200,000,000 credits for the F1???!!!

How do I tune? Arghh...Everything is in Japanes :)

Tons of cars but I don't have any money. Can you tune all cars or just those weird brands that seem to have mods?

*takes deep breath*

Wow, I didn't even know the JPN versrion would be updated until I connected and my game began updating today!!

I'm so excited. The new F1 car model is mind blowing. I have all these new cars and options but I'm totally confused.

How the hell am I going to make 200,000,000 credits for the F1???!!!

How do I tune? Arghh...Everything is in Japanes :)

Tons of cars but I don't have any money. Can you tune all cars or just those weird brands that seem to have mods?

*takes deep breath*

check translation pages dude...

Why can't you turn the ABS of by just setting OFF in the pre-race menu. You have to go to the tune menu and turn it of induvidualy for every car.

check translation pages dude...

Yeah, I found it. It's very helpful. Wow, now I know how it must feel if you're illiterate. In Japanese I'm illiterate.

I have a turning question. There is an option for power. Why not just turn it all the way up always? Why would anyone want less power?

And what about weight? Wouldn't you always just reduce weight?

(I'll take a peek at the old GT4 tuning guide too)

Do you guys think they will add the EU intro as a GTTV download? seeing as the JPN one is also in there?

Yeah, I found it. It's very helpful. Wow, now I know how it must feel if you're illiterate. In Japanese I'm illiterate.

I have a turning question. There is an option for power. Why not just turn it all the way up always? Why would anyone want less power?

And what about weight? Wouldn't you always just reduce weight?

(I'll take a peek at the old GT4 tuning guide too)

dude,does this sound like a average racing game:gt5p racing simulator!!!!!!!......:sly:
adding power and reducing weight is an option...if you want only to race a game where there is only full power and mind crushing speed...look somewere else....there are a lot of other racing games to suit your needs...lol.

just failed in my 9th attempt. i was 80% done. 6 hours updating and nothing. so far i lost about 25 hours trying to update the game. this is not funny.

i translated the news on the japanese site and it says that the progress is saved when you have a failed attempt. fair enough i thought. everytime i got an error i went back to the boot screen and checked game information. my original file was 2029mb. now, after 9 tries is 3443mb.

i heard the update was 620mb. so what gives? it looks like i'm downloading the same thing over and over again and can't get the data that i need. i already changed the pnp settings and tried to download from different spots.

i just don't get this stupid design decision. why can't i update through the PS store, since the downloads there actually work and are resumable?

losing patience with this. you shouldn't have to waste 25 hours of your life trying to download a 620mb file

i had the same experience, but after it quit on me on 90%ish, i took a break and went out for a bit. then i tried it again and the download didn't take more than half an hour. just be patient man, it'll be worth it 👍

dude,does this sound like a average racing game:gt5p racing simulator!!!!!!!......:sly:
adding power and reducing weight is an option...if you want only to race a game where there is only full power and mind crushing speed...look somewere else....there are a lot of other racing games to suit your needs...lol.

No, I get it now. Some races allow a certain number of "points" so you can't turn power all the way up.

I used an underpowered car at first and I was able to turn power to max and weight to min so I didn't understand that it was because my car was so far below the points limit that I was allowed to do that.

finnaly got it. i'm loving it so far. only thing i can't understand is the lock on S2 tires for the time trials and still no worldwide races.

still, seeing worldwide rankings is encoraging.

time to save up for that Ford GT LM :)

No it isn't.

(opponent difficulty)
(no. of laps)
transmission
active steering
simulation type
asm
traction control
driving line
tires front
tires rear

You can only disable ABS in the Quick Tune menu or in a race with have the Realtime Adjustment stuff.

Can anyone please explain me how to turn on the professional physics in Japanese version, since my knowledge of Japanese language is quite bad. :)
Pictures are welcomed. :)

Back