Just Ginettas just finishedPS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 231 comments
Sure. I guess Don and Rich do it also (if not others) so there'll be plenty of onboard cameras for Napalm to follow! 👍

Tonight Group A start in GT3. Group B in GT4. Group C in GT5. Then we work DOWNWARDS (Group C to GT3).

Hopefully we also have a relation of Mario joining us who will slot into Team 1, The Assassins, in the Group C position. Rich and Don move up a position. I've altered the table accordingly.

Results from RBR:

Race 1:
Race 1.jpg

Race 2:
Race 2.jpg

Race 3:
Race 3.jpg

Standings:
Monday Teams.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all, great racing. Had some good battles with Rich, Zolon & Mario. We all seemed to have better pace on different parts of the track, which kept things interesting.

Shame about the grid penalty Mario in the GT4s, it was a good race, I thought I could win it on track but never quite got a move to stick!

I was sorry to see you pull side Zolon, as usual you had the pace to stay with us but I think I understand (I've lost confidence plenty of times and it's difficult being amongst it when you don't feel at one with the car).

Looking forward to Laguna Seca, the corkscrew should be interesting! Hope that Napalm can make it and we'll have a full 5 next week 🙂.

really enjoyed the racing, lots of it was close in our group, and as you said Joe, we too had some better on some corners and others better on other corners. That blinking hairpin I was always slow on, being cautious, usually lost distance to someone there. I was amazed I didn't get any track limit warnings, they must be fairly relaxed there. Tried not to abuse them, but when you push, it doesnt always go as planned. Got taken out twice but was just one of those racing things.
Very nice track with the variety of car speeds.
Well done Joe (team mate) for 3 x 1st's, impressive.

Interesting races yesterday. I can also relate that some of us had faster sectors than others. It makes you tempt risking a late break or early throttle in some corners - which has led to disastrous results a couple times :D. You have to be disciplined with this cars.

Overall, I felt I was missing too much pace on the final sector of track, I never got to do those fast corners comfortably. All in all, the end result 3-4-2 was actually good all things considered. Raeggee was on fire yesterday, doing a 1-2-1. I need to arrange some private lessons to improve my fast corners. :P And Paul, you smashed all the fastest laps in our group, well done!

I also need to improve my overtaking/defending skills. That will come with experience.

I have a question: how does the Bonus point work?

See you in Laguna Seca!

tal
And Paul, you smashed all the fastest laps in our group, well done!
I hadn't noticed but oh yes, so I did. New rule, extra points for fastest laps, backdated of course. (Joking, not really, the scoring is complicated enough!). :)
I'm glad your're enjoying the racing Artur. I hope João liked his first race too. He did well I thought.

I've given Team 4 a name since they were the only ones without one. It can soon be changed, let me know. They have unfortunately had 1 driver missing from each race so far which has affected their scoring.

After 3 races Is everyone happy with the group they are in? I can try to adjust if needed. I'll try to monitor the situation and perhaps move drivers up or down to give them the best racing. I don't want to mess around with the team members really now we're under way, unless it's necessary.

I'm typing this on my PS4, my tablet has died. Punching the screen in annoyance at its erratic behavior didn't help. :mad:

What a freaking disaster Monday was for me, so sorry to my team mates. I can't believe how much a week off from practice could ruin my capacity to race with cars around me.

And, with that in mind, massive apology to @richroo . After laughing a thousand times at how his car seems like a magnet for others I managed to harpoon him myself. Twice!

Anyway, on to Laguna, with plenty of practice behind me... I hope...

Right, laptop fired up. I can type easily again!

I've been giving it some thought but in trying to give everyone a good racing experience I'm going to adjust the team members slightly.

João was quite quick in his debut in Group C so I'm going to move him into Group B - where he'll also be racing against some of his family members. To do this I'm going to swap him into team 2 with Zo and Max. I hope João will be OK with this. Could Mario or one of our Portuguese friends let him know. Thanks.

Ricardo will be joining us on a more permanent basis so I'm going put him in team 1 (The Assassins) as a Group A driver
Rich and Don will move down 1 group each to their original spots - group B and C respectively. Hopefully they will find that they will have better races.

Me? I'm' going to become what I'd originally planned for - a driver for hire. I'll fill in for any team that has a member missing. If there's more than one team short I'll race for the lower scoring team.
Mario has pre-booked me for a couple of weeks when Artur is absent (he was planning on using Ricardo)

For this week I'll be racing in my previous position in team 2 - João isn't able to make it this week.

The Team chart on post 2 has been updated accordingly. I will monitor the situation to see how things go but I don't really want to confuse drivers by swapping them around too much.

And for Laguna...
Keeping it simple - Group A start in GT3, B in GT4 and C in GT5. Then moving up 1 car class.

oh so much nicer to drive without the judders
Yes I to have found that immersion doesn't seem to work too well with the Logitech's, I find it makes the wheel a bit heavy and slightly dull (and yes juddery). It's probably fine on a higher end device. Informative does suit the Logitech wheels better, it makes them more lively. To reduce judders further try lowering the FX setting.

Again for the Logitech try increasing the Steering Sensitivity setting. It makes steering input more responsive and I find it helps catch slides much more easily. Perhaps try 75 to start with and see what you think after a couple of laps, mines a bit higher. The default is 50 if you wanted to go back.

Last edited:
Immersive was generally ok especially for the gt4 and 3 and most other cars, but the 5 was painful. Now it feels a little bit light, so need to up something a bit, ill try the sensitivity on 75 (not sure what its on right now anyway), thanks

Immersive was generally ok especially for the gt4 and 3 and most other cars, but the 5 was painful. Now it feels a little bit light, so need to up something a bit, ill try the sensitivity on 75 (not sure what its on right now anyway), thanks
I think I have used RAW on T300 and DD1. Tried another settings, but didn't like them. And yes, GT5 feels very strange, especially if you started from GT3 or 4.

With great regret I am going to have to miss today's race. Got a recurrent hip issue and the racing is really setting it off at the moment (it's under constant tension controlling the accelerator pedal). Hopefully it will have calmed down for next week. Hope everyone has great races, good luck teammates Simon & Half!

With great regret I am going to have to miss today's race. Got a recurrent hip issue and the racing is really setting it off at the moment
Ah my secret plans to handicap the front running team are working nicely. I've given Simon some dodgy wheel settings and now I can also put my voodoo doll of you away. :)

Hopefully we'll see you next week Joe. 👍

Back