Justice League Movie (DCU Thread)Movies 

• Thread starter JKgo
  • 217 comments
Not exactly a DCEU movie but Batgirl (and Scoob!: Holiday Haunt) have been permanently shelved despite WB spending 150 million dollars on them.
There's a huge rethink going on at WB, they've been making losses like a bucket with no bottom and spending bad money all over the place, it's better to scrap a loss at $150m than lose $300m in the longer term. But overall they've canned/shelved close to $800m of film and TV products to date, and the announcement of a new Superman movie with Henry Cavil is connected to this restructuring thier plans.

Last edited:
announcement of a new Superman movie with Henry Cavil
From what I hear, this movie also has been canned. No more Man of Steel 2. However, it seems the situation is still developing. Maybe it'll get resurrected after getting the... "retooling" treatment. Who knows.

There's a huge rethink going on at WB, they've been making losses like a bucket with no bottom and spending bad money all over the place, it's better to scrap a loss at $150m than lose $300m in the longer term. But overall they've canned/shelved close to $800m of film and TV products to date, and the announcement of a new Superman movie with Henry Cavil is connected to this restructuring thier plans.
From what I hear, this movie also has been canned. No more Man of Steel 2. However, it seems the situation is still developing. Maybe it'll get resurrected after getting the... "retooling" treatment. Who knows.
One outlet reported that MOS2 is canned, but the new DC Studios CEO James Gunn seems less certain. WW3 seems to be dead though, as does a second Black Adam (or any Black Adam in anything)..

Apparently there was a big DC Studios meet in... I think Aspen over the last week where the new strategy was reportedly agreed upon, and a bunch of things were lightly rubber stamped and others were ditched. I say "the new", I mean "a", given how disjointed it's been to date. Superman appears to be a priority for Gunn, so...

But it won't be Henry Cavill who, after being asked to film "the cameo", has now been told he's not Superman any more.

As he's also not Geralt of Rivia any more, I wonder what (Bond) he's up to...

:lol:

IMG-20230131-WA0000.jpg

It's a little hard to get too hyped over this movie. I feel the franchise has a lot of ground to make up with me and will wait until I get a few more impressions from people who've watched it before deciding whether or not to watch it.

There have always been time travelling movies and for sure, time travel been in the comics. Now, with technology advancing since Back to the Future, implementing time travel and alt dimensions, on the big screen, make it seem like everyone are just doing it to do it. I know that’s not the case, as there are so many stories to finally tell, but it nearly gets stale.

I’ll most likely see it. Not just for the Keaton nostalgia, but hopefully the writers don’t make resolutions too obvious.

Back