Justice League Movie (DCU Thread)Movies 

• Thread starter JKgo
  • 217 comments
Well he is from Egypt and she's from Israel. :rolleyes:

You have every right to think I feel that way given the history between the countries. You aren't correct though, my point was her pro-IDF comments/stance left a bad taste in my mouth, but no -- I don't "hate" her, not at all.

Getting back on topic, there is a rumored description of the next JL trailer. Be warned, there is a huge spoiler http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1396755

....Oh, what would I give to be a fly on the wall during that Warner meeting. It must have been a riveting, vigorous and perhaps, even acrimonious debate.

I wonder just what put Affleck off the role so much. Is it the studio meddling? Was it the torrid time under Snyder's direction? I'm really curious.

Maybe, years down the line, we might get to hear about it in an autobiography or something.

....New trailer from the Comic Con!! And when I say new.....

Who was Alfred talking to at the end? Why was he afraid he wouldn't come?! How mysterious....

Oh and did the voiceover mention.... "no lanterns?" GL movie defo confirmed?

....New trailer from the Comic Con!! And when I say new.....

Who was Alfred talking to at the end? Why was he afraid he wouldn't come?! How mysterious....

Oh and did the voiceover mention.... "no lanterns?" GL movie defo confirmed?

Voice over is Steppenwolf but I noticed that GL reference as well and got excited because, I think WB has learned from how bad that was taken and will do better if they actually do reboot.

Last edited:
....So, now that the home release of Wonder Woman has happened, I can speak a little more freely about what I felt about the movie. I suspect my opinion might not be the most popular one, though.

In a word, I think it was quite overrated. Yes, I enjoyed watching it, but at the same time, I couldn't help but notice several glaring issues with the film itself. Not catastrophic enough to totally derail the film but still.

Throughout the running time, I thought Gal Gadot made a fine Wonder Woman but a so-so Diana Prince. And the script was quite cringe-worthy in places, too. And the final reveal of the main baddie's identity will, in mind at least, go down in cinema history as utterly rubbish, undeserved smack in the face of sensible casting choices.

Plus, the biggest issue I had with the film was that.... Wonder Woman was basically not the hero of the movie. Take her out of the proceedings, and the plot of the movie would still have moved along quite well. She's basically one of those main characters who doesn't get to influence the main narrative at all.

I blame most of these faults with Zack Snyder. He and his wife are co-credited as the writers for this film, also serving as producers as well.

I haven't revisted other DCEU films in a while - quite frankly, not really looking forward to doing that if I'm a bit honest - but I'd rate WW alongside the Man of Steel. It's not bad, but it certainly isn't the bestest, most fun-nest, whatever, film of the year. The same goes for the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, but that's a topic for a different thread altogether...

Last edited:
I blame most of these faults with Zack Snyder. He and his wife are co-credited as the writers for this film, also serving as producers as well.
It certainly doesn't help that Geoff Johns served as a writer.

What's wrong with Geoff?

...He's been in the hot seat for DC's cinematic outings for a while now - and a lot of people blame him for making an utter hash of The Green Lantern as well as the other DC movies up until now.

Oh, and for the record, it's not DCEU. Apparently, it's never been officially recognised by Warner Brothers and DC at all.

...He's been in the hot seat for DC's cinematic outings for a while now - and a lot of people blame him for making an utter hash of The Green Lantern as well as the other DC movies up until now.

Oh, and for the record, it's not DCEU. Apparently, it's never been officially recognised by Warner Brothers and DC at all.

Oh, didn't realize he was involved with The Green lantern. I do like the idea of a comic guy at the helm though (DC's Feige). Makes for more of a coherent universe. Granted, we haven't seen any sign of that :lol:

It makes sense based on comic canon they would use that. I hope they do it well.
I feel like this was the absolute worst direction they could have gone.

Sure it's part of the comics, I know, have known for years on end since I was a kid (36 now) but the trope of Superman being the badguy has run it's course and at this point only stands as a symbol of how poorly writers can address the issue of absolute power in the hands of a good person (rather than an easily corruptible one).

It's a shame, tarnishes the franchise as well as the brilliance of the JL universe. Superman's days as the bad guy should be left to alternate universes and videogames. Don't pollute a poorly received BvS: DOJ story line by trying to spice it up with " superman is the bad guy but the JL is going to take him down (even though they can't take down their own enemy and need superman to do it).

Kinda funny that the one guy who will be able to win a fight (and has already done so in cannon) with darkseid is the one super being that the JL will be able to overwhelm for the sake of building the story. Just plain sad and lazy.

Last edited:
...After checking out the latest "trailer", I can pretty much surmise how the entire film will play out. What intrigues me at the moment is, that mysterious object/thing the JL members are heading towards in the middle of the burning city. It looks dome-shaped, dark coloured or maybe even black. I got the feeling that it's biological, but the clips are too short to tell.

And CGI Cyborg still looks ruddy awful.

Voice over is Steppenwolf but I noticed that GL reference as well and got excited because, I think WB has learned from how bad that was taken and will do better if they actually do reboot.
Sorry to disappoint, but the GL movie is still happening. What Steppenwolf is actually mentioning is the lack of a Green Lantern on Earth. That is why he said "No Green Lanterns, No Kryptonian".

Superman is supposed to show up in the back half of the film. The Green Lantern may be introduced in part 2 (as Justice League is split into two films).

EDIT:

Only since Wonder Woman (which was the last DC film).

Sorry to disappoint, but the GL movie is still happening. What Steppenwolf is actually mentioning is the lack of a Green Lantern on Earth. That is why he said "No Green Lanterns, No Kryptonian".

Superman is supposed to show up in the back half of the film. The Green Lantern may be introduced in part 2 (as Justice League is split into two films).

How would that disappoint? No where in my comment do I show any sign of being adversely turned down by the idea a new or rebooted Green Lantern, in fact my comment seems to welcome said idea. Also no where do I say where Steppenwolf is referring to, rather that there is no GL to interfere with his plan and ideally no Kryptonian, every comic book nerd/fan following this knows Supes is going to be in it.

Not sure what your comment was trying to achieve.

...?? Not sure I follow.
Geoff Johns was only brought on as a writer to "fix" the DCU films when Suicide Squad was just wrapping up filming.

http://deadline.com/2016/05/dc-films-batman-v-superman-geoff-johns-jon-berg-1201758630/

How would that disappoint? No where in my comment do I show any sign of being adversely turned down by the idea a new or rebooted Green Lantern, in fact my comment seems to welcome said idea. Also no where do I say where Steppenwolf is referring to, rather that there is no GL to interfere with his plan and ideally no Kryptonian, every comic book nerd/fan following this knows Supes is going to be in it.

Not sure what your comment was trying to achieve.

It might have been in a poor tone, but what you should take away from this is that there will be a Green Lantern film. I was just trying to reply to the whole tangent presented by the poster above yours that the GL movie is deconfirmed when it was not. I just picked the wrong post to illustrate my point.

Last edited:
Geoff Johns was only brought on as a writer to "fix" the DCU films when Suicide Squad was just wrapping up filming.

http://deadline.com/2016/05/dc-films-batman-v-superman-geoff-johns-jon-berg-1201758630/

...Hmm. Johns was involved in DC films way before that. The producer credits for the much-maligned the Green Lantern, for example.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1133985/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_wr#writers

Granted, it's just a co-producer role, but still, I seem to remember him being heavily touted as one of the creative forces behind the film in the lead up to its release.

deconfirmed

...I didn't say it was "decomfirmed", I said "defo confirmed". Defo = definitely. My bad, it's a Brit thing. Your misunderstanding was all because of me, so I apologise for that.

...I didn't say it was "decomfirmed", I said "defo confirmed". Defo = definitely. My bad, it's a Brit thing. Your misunderstanding was all because of me, so I apologise for that.
I knew it was something British, but I didn't think it had a positive meaning.

Apology accepted.

Granted, it's just a co-producer role, but still, I seem to remember him being heavily touted as one of the creative forces behind the film in the lead up to its release.

It might have been a Britain only thing, I'm afraid, though I do remember that Geoff Johns was a creative force behind the whole concept of the unofficial DCEU and the fact that Green Lantern was supposed to kick the whole thing off.

...I was literally laughing my ass off while watching this review.

Anyways, the news is definitely not good. Some are even saying the Justice League might be the worst film in the DC line up so far. No wonder Jack Snyder was asked to step aside. Even Joss Whedon couldn't save it...

Some are even saying the Justice League might be the worst film in the DC line up so far.

In a world where Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman exists, that is hyperbole to the nth degree. I have my problems with JL, but this continues to prove they've learned from Wonder Woman. Can it all go down the toilet again? Sure, this is a situation where majority of the movies are almost entirely driven by money and have the stories butchered as a result of that.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

In a world where Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman exists, that is hyperbole to the nth degree. I have my problems with JL, but this continues to prove they've learned from Wonder Woman. Can it all go down the toilet again? Sure, this is a situation where majority of the movies are almost entirely driven by money and have the stories butchered as a result of that.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

A lot of people are enjoying it (wasn't the case for BVS). I can't wait myself. Hopefully will go see it tomorrow.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

...I'm not saying that's my opinion, as I haven't had the chance to see it yet. I also can't wait to see it but thanks to The Punisher taking up all my free time this weekend, I'll have to wait a bit longer.

However... tbh I didn't think WW was that good a film as it was talked up to be. Better than all the Snyder-era DC movies, sure, but it was no more than a 6 out of 10 for me personally. Not much to learn from that, methinks.

Back