Kanicky's Gallery - Neon

• Thread starter kanicky
  • 253 comments
Sensational! #1's a true stunner and I really like the first Lucerne Bridge shot. :drool:

Thanks Nato, I love how the first shot tuned out. Probably the best rain or drift shot I have ever got.
Just downloaded that GIMP program but it is so confusing, if I work it out should get some more quality shots up. Thanks again :)

Tried some editing but didnt get results that much different from how they can out of the game, basically just sharpened the images. Any tips or feedback would be great.​

Nice shots. I think you did well with editing. It is always best to start off with small changes and when you get more comfortable you can start trying some of the more heavier edits.

That Corvette wheel looks great by the way. :drool:

Thanks ashes, NATO and soloracer. I also wanted to do a multiple car shot at the hanger but couldn't work out how to cut the cars out of the shots then paste them together.

Nice set!

One thing to work on with editing is to start with brightness and contrast. Usually you want to increase the brightness as the contrast goes up. Once that's done I usually would adjust the saturation. In my opinion I feel the saturation in many of your shots is a little bit high (for example the green grass in the first R35 shot.) The color balancing is a little funky in the daytime shots, usually the standard colors are fine with just a little adjustment (generally just a little warm or cool.) Of course you can do a lot more stylized, possibly more interesting shots but more realistic tones are a good starting point. Your compositions are pretty good, one thing to take note of when shooting is whether there is a shadow cast over the car, while it sometimes compliments the mood of the shots, other time it make details on the car disappear. I love the angle on the the first R34 shot but it suffers (in my opinion) from this. Hope these tips helped, let me know if you need anything else. 👍

Thank CF for your tips, I will put them to good use and hopefully fix done of those imperfections you are referring to.
Again thanks fir your time :)

Not sure if coincidence... or you're a copycat. I have a grey R32, my Wangan-running R33 is yellow and I also have an R34 that's in blue and kept stock. Even my R35 SpecV is white :lol:

That aside, great shots. I wasn't really impressed with the shots with the car in center but a second look gave me a bit of a second opinion. 👍

Not sure if coincidence... or you're a copycat. I have a grey R32, my Wangan-running R33 is yellow and I also have an R34 that's in blue and kept stock. Even my R35 SpecV is white :lol:

That aside, great shots. I wasn't really impressed with the shots with the car in center but a second look gave me a bit of a second opinion. 👍

Funny, I only just painted my R35 last night (it was pink) and the R34 looks the best in that colour and stock standard, The R33 was a hard colour choice as I couldn't find anything that looked good and the R32 was the 3rd car I brought when I got the game. I don't know... they say greatg minds think alike :)
Glad you liked :)

kanicky
Thanks to everyone for all your feedback and tips along the way. Cheers.

That's an awesome update, the close ups are amazing. Shame this is your last update you do some good work. 👍

@ Nato - thanks mate, the SLS has just became my favourite car both to drive and shoot.
@ Ashes - thanks ashes for the vote, hopefully it will do ok :)
@ SVX - I too love that shot however it needed a bit of editing to get it there and thus unable to enter the PMC.

Again thanks for all the feedback

The effect of the brake glow is enhanced by the black paint. Nice, creative work on the SLS shots. By all I've seen, I take it you like it? :P

Anyway, I just can't take my eyes of that green-toned C63 a few posts up, at Kyoto. That shot is just amazing. :drool:

Back