Kaz at Taipei Game Show: GT7 in production, more content for GTS and more

I Think a New GT(7) will come out on PS5
I can't agree to disagree, but so far there have been 2 GT titles for every PS console. So we would get the next GT for PS4 and then the one after that for PS5 (or whatever it's going to be).
I sure hope I'm right, because I literally just bought my PS4 Pro :D

I can't wait for GT7, but still want more cars tracks in GTS.

Noooooo! Leave crappy bikes out of our Gran Turismo. >:(
Yes leave the crappy ones out, only put the good ones in please!

I don't get why people get so butthurt at the prospect of alternative vehicles as a possibilitY. This game isn't custom tailored and built solely for you and your desires and you don't get to veto what PD decides to do with it. There are obviously more that a few people that are excited about the possibility of bikes and the future of GT. So why do the naysayers get to be the fun police? They have no more control of the future of sim racing than any of the rest of us.

Bikes would be great. I played Ride 2 for months on end, always had players online. I think more people would use the bikes than some people realise. It's worth noting though, given my forum profile picture, I'm extremely biased.

Have they started rebuilding the future proofed models yet?
Given a lot of GT6 cars use full tessellation, they already have quite a few. Probably just need importing over which I imagine isn't as trivial as it sounds, "sounds" being a key word.

I don't buy Gran Turisimo to ride motorcycles, so i'm not so sure i would by Gran Turismo if there is motorcycle races in there, Gran Turismo is about cars and i hope it stays that way.
I'm with you. I don't need bikes and I'm not sure they fit with GT Sport. If they're going to add anything which significantly pushes the boundaries of what has been in GT before, it should definitely be Gr.T1...

au0r0563.jpg

Complete with big plumes of dieselly smoke out of every corner and tyres that melt if you brake too hard :cool:

Mr. Yamauchi: That 's what I'd like to do. The missing from "GT SPORT" is the UI where you can choose your age. I want to introduce such an age selector and also race by age. However, doing online is not easy. Regarding the FIA 's Gran Turismo championship, the FIA says "Basically it will be over 18 years old."

Hmm...
I don't know what to feel on this one. I don't know. Maybe it's good, maybe bad. Maybe because I'm just 17.

I can't agree to disagree, but so far there have been 2 GT titles for every PS console. So we would get the next GT for PS4 and then the one after that for PS5 (or whatever it's going to be).
I sure hope I'm right, because I literally just bought my PS4 Pro :D

While the 2 GTs every generation logic is true, I have very high doubts we’ll see the next GT before the next console generation especially as late in the PS4 cycle as we saw GTSport. Besides there have been some pretty heavy rumors circulating about 2020 release dates for the next gen consoles.

Mr. Yamauchi: That 's what I'd like to do. The missing from "GT SPORT" is the UI where you can choose your age. I want to introduce such an age selector and also race by age. However, doing online is not easy. Regarding the FIA 's Gran Turismo championship, the FIA says "Basically it will be over 18 years old."

Hmm...
I don't know what to feel on this one. I don't know. Maybe it's good, maybe bad. Maybe because I'm just 17.

One of the fastest Canadian is 15 years old and one of my teammate at TNTR is 13... I’d feel extremely bad if they can’t do it... They’ve been working so hard to fight with the “big boys”

One of the fastest Canadian is 15 years old and one of my teammate at TNTR is 13... I’d feel extremely bad if they can’t do it... They’ve been working so hard to fight with the “big boys”
They should definitely be given a chance!

As a wheel user, I have zero interest in bikes. I'm all for it but I'll never use them.

As someone who switches between input methods, I think the addition of bikes would be good. Broadening the game's appeal isn't a bad thing.

That said, you raise an interesting point: a good chunk of sim racers do it for the realism. Emulating a real-world car/track experience is already so limited due to the lack of g forces — there's even less that can be done to simulate riding a bike!

Bikes would be great. I played Ride 2 for months on end, always had players online. I think more people would use the bikes than some people realise. It's worth noting though, given my forum profile picture, I'm extremely biased.

I play a lot of MotoGP games, I and feel racing bikes has taught me to be more patient in my turns and throttle control. Especially throttle control, to much juice and your off. So it forces you to really learn that. I would love a more advanced moto racer game!!

Kaz needs to talk less and work more on existing games...no one (?) cares about Tourist Trophy outside of Japan, perhaps because it never sold anywhere else...🤬 hype before this game has finished being rolled out and people already trying to read between the lines ...its the biggest exercise in futility. The expression "lost in translation"...it's not because it sounds clever ...there's truth to it. Not likely to be another GT for at least 2 years or the next console. :banghead: Certainly do not want motorbikes in a car game.

I don't get why people get so butthurt at the prospect of alternative vehicles as a possibilitY. This game isn't custom tailored and built solely for you and your desires and you don't get to veto what PD decides to do with it. There are obviously more that a few people that are excited about the possibility of bikes and the future of GT. So why do the naysayers get to be the fun police? They have no more control of the future of sim racing than any of the rest of us.

This guy gets it!

Kaz needs to talk less and work more on existing games...no one (?) cares about Tourist Trophy outside of Japan, perhaps because it never sold anywhere else...🤬 hype before this game has finished being rolled out and people already trying to read between the lines ...its the biggest exercise in futility. The expression "lost in translation"...it's not because it sounds clever ...there's truth to it. Not likely to be another GT for at least 2 years or the next console. :banghead: Certainly do not want motorbikes in a car game.

Actually Tourist Trophy sold in nearly every market Sony games are sold, these include Europe, North America, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan.

And I think you'll find many people care about it. There's not a proper bike game on the market today. Ride 2 is fairly lackluster and not terribly realistic.

The current generation of consoles is already at an end. I bet that by Christmas 2019 or 2020 the PS5 will be released.

That said, the next GT will certainly be released in the early years of PS5.

Until then, GTS will be the only GT of the current generation and so will be fueled by content until the launch of PS5.

I also believe that the next GT will not be numbered. It should get another nickname. Maybe "GT Racing", for example.

Certainly this next GT will have the content of GTS, more features that the PS4 does not support, such as dynamic time, rain styles, tunin (spoilers and airfoils).

This is my opinion.

That said, you raise an interesting point: a good chunk of sim racers do it for the realism. Emulating a real-world car/track experience is already so limited due to the lack of g forces — there's even less that can be done to simulate riding a bike!
There is much to be done for people with more money.Imagine this in combination with VR headset.

Certainly this next GT will have the content of GTS, more features that the PS4 does not support, such as dynamic time, rain styles, tunin (spoilers and airfoils).

This is my opinion.
It's not about what PS4 can run or support, remember PS3 and GT 6 had car customization and day/night cycle and GT 5 on PS3 had rain and PS4 have better hardware than the PS3, but GT S on PS4 have also rain, but in few Mission Challenges only so far, instead of car customization we have pre-tuned cars from PD, i think this is because PD wanted to distance themselves a bit away from GT6 and focus more on racing/sport aspect of GT S.

And i don't know what to think about the PS5, since:

https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/n...playstation-5-might-never-happen-reveals-sony

The head of Sony's Worldwide Studios, Shuhei Yoshida, suggests not.

Oddworld's creator Lorne Lanning has revealed that Yoshida told him that PS5 isn't a when, it's an "if".

and then we have this:

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/821497/PS5-release-date-news-Sony-PS4-Pro

Layden said that it would "probably be some time" before the PS5 is released, which suggests that talk of a 2018 launch is premature.

I'm not sure if even Sony knows when or if a PS5 will be out :confused:.

Last edited:
It's not about what PS4 can run or support, remember PS3 and GT 6 had car customization and day/night cycle and GT 5 on PS3 had rain and PS4 have better hardware than the PS3, but GT S on PS4 have also rain, but in few Mission Challenges only so far, instead of car customization we have pre-tuned cars from PD, i think this is because PD wanted to distance themselves a bit away from GT6 and focus more on racing/sport aspect of GT S.

And i don't know what to think about the PS5, since:

https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/n...playstation-5-might-never-happen-reveals-sony

The head of Sony's Worldwide Studios, Shuhei Yoshida, suggests not.

Oddworld's creator Lorne Lanning has revealed that Yoshida told him that PS5 isn't a when, it's an "if".

and then we have this:

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/821497/PS5-release-date-news-Sony-PS4-Pro

Layden said that it would "probably be some time" before the PS5 is released, which suggests that talk of a 2018 launch is premature.

I'm not sure if even Sony knows when or if a PS5 will be out :confused:.

I do not see GTS as GT6.

I see GTS as an experiment.

This current generation of consoles has very limited hardware, although it is easier to work with.

That's why Kaz said he created new cars and tracks to be used later.

I think GTS runs set to "minimum", for example. It is limited in several features.

The next GT should absorb all this content of the GTS, however, with more functionalities, such as rainy species (light and strong), dynamic and real time (day, afternoon and night), etc.

For me, this is clear.

The PS5 will be out by the end of 2020. I believe that.

SUPERDUPERCARS ONLY, no room for silly stuff :mad:

I agree, down with cars people can actually control!!1!! :yuck:

So they're saying self-drive cars won't be permitted? That's raw discrimination. Don't let the machines hear you. :dopey:

Bikes? Yeah. Long overdue. A few good ones won't hurt.
But not in GTS - that would be counterintuitive in today's market. Possibly way into the future.

Certainly welcome in the next numbered iteration of the Series - we've had everything from a 1 HP Benz that you actually can't drive up the slope into the starting line at the Ring, to a Lunar Rover that can do gravity-defying jumps.
Bottom line?
Resources that meet the demands. Interesting times ahead.. . .

Oh, plenty of people have mentioned a similar idea, no doubt due to the March timeline. I agree it's a possibility, but it seems like an odd one to me; starting a paid DLC program six months after release is missing out on a prime time in terms of player base. Then again, perhaps Sony/PD have crunched the numbers and that makes the most sense.

Alternately, maybe it'll continue to be free, and the team is banking on the appeal of the add-ons to drive further sales of the game. GT does typically have longer legs sales-wise than most other titles.
They can't continue to release free updates with GT6 cars, we need modern stuff to accompany the icons of the game. I know it may sound silly to suddenly start releasing paid DLC 6 months into it's life, but it's not such a bad idea. I gather the purpose of these free updates is to entice more people to buy the game and hence buy the DLC at a later stage. Releasing DLC straight off the bat isolates the player base instantly and may discourage sales. Free content to get people onto the game seems like a brilliant idea, to ensure that a larger number of people buy the paid DLC.

Really? You don't think people care about Tourist Trophy? One of the only motorcycle games which could pass as simulation? Car fans have been spoilt for choice whilst Motorbike fans have had little recognition in the gaming community. Apart from Ride, DriveClub Bikes and Moto GP, there isn't much to choose from these days. A new Gran Turismo style game for bikes is what we need right now, so motorbike fans have a game for which they can share and enjoy their passion much like we enjoy ours.

Your operating under the assumption of development time for consoles from Sony being half the time for games by PF.
I feel like PD is lagging. I believe PS4 release was prior to that of GT6.
Sooner or later...

Back