Kaz at Taipei Game Show: GT7 in production, more content for GTS and more

lets hope you are...give us free cars forever!
That just isn't a good business practice.
I think PD should charge for dlc cars after march but keep dlc tracks free because paid dlc tracks are useless in most games.

Last edited:
We're a long way off of GT7 guys... Why are some sounding worried it won't be supported soon?

Gran Turismo (1997)

Gran Turismo 2 (1999)

Gran Turismo 3: (2001)

Gran Turismo 4 (2004)

Gran Turismo 5 prologue (2007)

Gran Turismo 5 (2010)

Gran Turismo 6 (2013)

Gran Turismo Sport (2017)

Mean years between release: 2.6

Gran Turismo 7/Sport 2 (mid to late 2019 at the earliest. Much more likely 2020)

I'm absolutely all for having a few motorcycles in GT and it would be a welcome change that would get alot more playing time and would be alot more fun than the rally part of GT now.

Do away with the dirt stuff in GT7 and give us some motorcycles (Ducati for me please) along with the the The Isle of Man course. ;)

What's up with all the hate about bikes on GTsport or GT7? We have karts don't we? That's how the bikes are going to work if they add them in the game! No one forces you to drive them! I'm not a bike fan but i don't mind having them on GT, it's gonna be really interesting actually!
I actually think a lot of the motorcycle in GT hatred comes out of fear. If bikes are in game they won’t be able to simply ignore the bikes and just play the game however suits them. The bikes will be so irresistible that they will have no option but to give them a go. But of course they won’t be able to master them as well as those of us who have suffered through decades of mediocre motorcycle sims. Change can be scary, so can getting schooled by your motorcycle racing counterparts.

A lot of you complain about many aspects of the current GT title no matter which one it is(gt5,gt6,gtsport), as well as things that may or may not even be in the future of the series. Let us have our dreams. I don’t get going into threads that you have no interest in just to leave a negative comment or just to hear yourself talk. Bikes are a possibility, better start preparing.

We're a long way off of GT7 guys... Why are some sounding worried it won't be supported soon?

Gran Turismo (1997)

Gran Turismo 2 (1999)

Gran Turismo 3: (2001)

Gran Turismo 4 (2004)

Gran Turismo 5 prologue (2007)

Gran Turismo 5 (2010)

Gran Turismo 6 (2013)

Gran Turismo Sport (2017)

Mean years between release: 2.6

Gran Turismo 7/Sport 2 (mid to late 2019 at the earliest. Much more likely 2020)
Sorry but I disagree. Kaz said that for now, the team will focus only on adding cars/tracks/features to GT Sport until the PS5 launches, for then, GT7/S2 will be a priority. I hate to say this, but we'll have only 1 GT for PS4.

Sorry but I disagree. Kaz said that for now, the team will focus only on adding cars/tracks/features to GT Sport until the PS5 launches, for then, GT7/S2 will be a priority. I hate to say this, but we'll have only 1 GT for PS4.

That's fine with me tbh. I want all the effort on GTS. Some people are see to thing GTS will be dropped after March lol

Bikes would be a great selling point for GT7, not sure they'd fit in GT SPORT.

I don't buy Gran Turisimo to ride motorcycles, so i'm not so sure i would buy Gran Turismo if there is motorcycle races in there, Gran Turismo is about cars and i hope it stays that way.

well I don't visit gtplanet to see people compaining about content variety but here we are

tourist-trophy.jpg

upload_2018-1-30_12-5-9.jpeg

@PsuPepperoni there is a difference between TT and GT, GT is about driving cars and TT is about riding motorcycles and i would like it to stay this way.

People are complaining about that PD is so slow with new content in GT S, how do you think it will be if PD should start mixing motorcycles in GT S?

Last edited:
tourist-trophy.jpg

View attachment 710365
@PsuPepperoni there is a difference between TT and GT, GT is about driving cars and TT is about riding motorcycles and i would like it to stay this way.

People are complaining about that PD is so slow with new content in GT S, how do you think it will be if PD should start mixing motorcycles in GT S?
Of course you would like it to stay this way because that's what "you" want. There are many others that have the same mindset. But there are also many others in the community that would welcome and look forward to motorcycles. Unfortunately the reality is TT is on a system that is almost 18 years old from a couple generations ago. Not a realistic scenario.

Do you really think anything would be different with content delivery? It would still be slow! Nothing different there, everything PD does is slow that's just the reality that is. Maybe we can crowdfund for PD to hire one guy just to model motorcycles for a couple years. Would that keep the car elitists quiet, not likely. If they develop a seperate TT title everything will still be slow. Nothing really changes that.

Bring em on, time to learn a new skill boys. Don't be scared!

Slow? Since the end of December we've gotten 22 cars, 1 new track, and new layouts of existing tracks. Plus an entirely new game mode, new scapes scenes, and other fixes.

First, I don't understand from where that "Kaz will add motorcycles in GT" comes from.

Second, mixing cars and bikes in a racing that wants to be a simulation is not a realistic view. Different physics to manage in the same game, all that for not being able to race them together. Cars and bikes in the same race is good for arcade games, but something like GT will never allow the possibility to ram bikers and drive over them.

Slow? Since the end of December we've gotten 22 cars, 1 new track, and new layouts of existing tracks. Plus an entirely new game mode, new scapes scenes, and other fixes.
Agree and i didn't say i was complaining, because i don't, i'm happy with the content release pace, but many on this forum does and i would guess it would be more complaints if PD started to add motorcycles and motorcycle races to GT S.

There's always been plenty of vehicular content in Gran Turismo i've not wanted to use. And guess what, i just avoid using it.

Tourist Trophy was a good game but it never felt much more than a demo content-wise. I'd rather see bikes added to the next Gran Turismo then i would see a Tourist Trophy 2. Adding bikes isn't all that different then adding karts, <35hp VW Kübelwagen/Schwimmwagen/Samba Bus, moon buggy or F1-style car. At least with bikes you can get a full grid of similar powered but varied competitors.

I've never bought a car pack DLC for Driveclub. Though, bikes DLC were something totally new and I've bought it without any hesitation.

They can't continue to release free updates with GT6 cars, we need modern stuff to accompany the icons of the game. I know it may sound silly to suddenly start releasing paid DLC 6 months into it's life, but it's not such a bad idea. I gather the purpose of these free updates is to entice more people to buy the game and hence buy the DLC at a later stage. Releasing DLC straight off the bat isolates the player base instantly and may discourage sales. Free content to get people onto the game seems like a brilliant idea, to ensure that a larger number of people buy the paid DLC.

Really? You don't think people care about Tourist Trophy? One of the only motorcycle games which could pass as simulation? Car fans have been spoilt for choice whilst Motorbike fans have had little recognition in the gaming community. Apart from Ride, DriveClub Bikes and Moto GP, there isn't much to choose from these days. A new Gran Turismo style game for bikes is what we need right now, so motorbike fans have a game for which they can share and enjoy their passion much like we enjoy ours.

noone cares for bikes and cars in a GT title never mind what you might think or what Kaz might say bikes are bikes and cars are cars its like oil and water and never the twain shall meet ...

noone cares for bikes and cars in a GT title never mind what you might think or what Kaz might say bikes are bikes and cars are cars its like oil and water and never the twain shall meet ...

I think you'll find several people like the idea of bike and cars in a GT title. In fact in this very thread you'll find some.

First, I don't understand from where that "Kaz will add motorcycles in GT" comes from.

Second, mixing cars and bikes in a racing that wants to be a simulation is not a realistic view. Different physics to manage in the same game, all that for not being able to race them together. Cars and bikes in the same race is good for arcade games, but something like GT will never allow the possibility to ram bikers and drive over them.

Anytime this discussion comes up someone chimes in with this statement. No one ever said anything about mixing them together. Do karts and Prototype cars compete together? No but they both exist in the same game. As far as physics go, physics are physics. Bikes dont play by a different set of real world forces or physics than cars do. If you dont like bikes or are scared of not being good on them, just look past them and ignore them just like I do with a bunch of cars that exist within the GT series. No one forces me to drive stuff that I am not a fan of. And if there was that attitude, who would care if bikes got rammed and driven over anyway?

I remember way way back when, snowboards first came to market. I really wanted one and saved up all my money from my first job to buy one. All of the ski hills in my area would'nt allow snowboards because the skiiers didn't want them there. Eventually we were allowed on the hills on Tuesday and Thursday nights but that was it. Now no one even cares or thinks twice about it.

That is kind of an eliteist statement and narrow minded. Just because that is your opinion doesnt mean you speak for the whole worldwide community. GT needs a little shake up anyway.

I think in a real world scenario a person that is competent on a bike doing a track day could still hop in a car and be fast as well. Going the other way just because you are a competent track driver in a car doesn't mean you would be able to go fast or tame a motorcycle. I also think motorcycles in this game is appealing to many because in real life they are more attainable to the average person than a track worthy car.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is kind of an eliteist statement and narrow minded. Just because that is your opinion doesnt mean you speak for the whole worldwide community. GT needs a little shake up anyway.

I think in a real world scenario a person that is competent on a bike doing a track day could still hop in a car and be fast as well. Going the other way just because you are a competent track driver in a car doesn't mean you would be able to go fast or tame a motorcycle. I also think motorcycles in this game is appealing to many because in real life they are more attainable to the average person than a track worthy car.

Should we put skateboards bmxing and skiing in there too? Just because you like something or I dislike something ...at no point did I state it was my fervent opinion/belief...I digress however. My point is the name of the game is in the title Gran Turismo ...that's cars only for non europeans lol so the point is kind of moot. I don't beleve any of the tripe about bikes in a future release its wishful thinking and my original point was about Tourist Trophy wasn't released everywhere I never saw it in UK not that I would have played it anyway and it isn't elitism I ride mtb and roadbike in real life so why would I want a sim? Besides it just doesn't float my boat its at simple as that nothing you could ever do or say would ever change my mind and it's not down to narrow mindedness its just I don't like those kind of uninteresting games (like F1 or Fifa etc COD) they attract a certain sort
:cheers:

Last edited:
What's up with all the hate about bikes on GTsport or GT7? We have karts don't we? That's how the bikes are going to work if they add them in the game! No one forces you to drive them! I'm not a bike fan but i don't mind having them on GT, it's gonna be really interesting actually!

I'm not a big bike fan (other than watching MotoGP), but I'd worry about GT Sport's physics... especially when it comes to collisions :lol:

Should we put skateboards bmxing and skiing in there too? Just because you like something or I dislike something ...at no point did I state it was my fervent opinion/belief...I digress however. My point is the name of the game is in the title Gran Turismo ...that's cars only for non europeans lol so the point is kind of moot. I don't beleve any of the tripe about bikes in a future release its wishful thinking and my original point was about Tourist Trophy wasn't released everywhere I never saw it in UK not that I would have played it anyway and it isn't elitism I ride mtb and roadbike in real life so why would I want a sim? Besides it just doesn't float my boat its at simple as that nothing you could ever do or say would ever change my mind and it's not down to narrow mindedness its just I don't like those kind of uninteresting games (like F1 or Fifa etc COD) they attract a certain sort
:cheers:
Oh because PD has already released a game and has past knowledge of skateboards bmx and skiing, I see. Motorcycle racing is motorsport, and PD actually has experience with it. I obviously get your sarcasm and if that is how you are able to argue your point then so be it. My post wasn't necessarily directed at you it just happened that I quoted yours and lumped you in with some of the others that make a statement like I don’t like it so no it shouldn’t happen. Doesn’t really provide any point or counterpoint it is just an opinion. Your opinion doesn’t weigh any more than mine or anyone elses in the community nor should it. With comments like “they attract a certain sort” that does sort of come off as being better than others. it is also difficult when people make a point and someone else only has a sarcastic reply or a negative response simply because they do not agree. Doesn’t really add anything to the conversation. Certainly it must be more fun following a thread you are actually interested in? I say we agree to disagree and I will put you down for a no vote for bikes.

Nobody asked for the Sambabus, yet there it is. They might as well bring back the Patent Motorwagen 1886 from GT4 (which is technically a motorcycle). So why not add motorbikes? Sure would be more fun! The new physics engine is up to the task, I just hope they get the execution right -- Tourist Trophy looked gorgeous but (to me) the feel was way off.
My big issue with the OP's linked story is that Polyphony Digital is already working on the next Gran Turismo game. No wonder customers are clamoring for more content... more tracks, more cars, more more more. We aren't getting it because PD is already sidetracked by future games. I understand they need to look to the future and keep moving forward, that is how companies evolve, and how their offerings improve. I get it. But GT Sport is barely 3 months old! Seriously?!?! For Pete's sake... oh my God... just, wow. Let's stay focused on this one for a while longer before getting too caught up in what's coming next.
Taking a breath here... calm down XR... I don't rightly know, maybe they only have a handful of people working on the next GT while the rest of the company's resources are still focused on Sport. That would be reasonable and AFAIK it's what they are doing. Maybe I got carried away above. I just don't want them sending too much of the focus away from Sport, not yet.

Back