Kaz finally listened to this car forums

• Thread starter Meithyk
  • 115 comments
...Huh, this thread looks a little different than a few hours ago. Wonder what happened? Hmm.
I got bored of the troll.
One thing I'm kinda curious about, did you submit the questions before hand to PDI's PR department for a so-called "checks", @Famine? I know it's a standard industry practise in many a political and entertainment journalism nowadays...
I wasn't asked to, no. It was part of the brief for the interview that the questions should be on Vision GT and Kazunori would not be answering any questions of future GT games.

I got bored of the troll.I wasn't asked to, no. It was part of the brief for the interview that the questions should be on Vision GT and Kazunori would not be answering any questions of future GT games.

...Okay, thanks.

WellM according to the list at its current state top 30 cars, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/cars.339/?order=first_post_likes The MP412C GT3, Huracan, BAC Mono, F12 Berlinetta, Ruf RGT, Konigseggegggegggegggeggg are the top liked "newest" cars. The top "historic" cars are '63 DB5, '65 Alfa, '79 M1. We'd probably see these cars before an E30 M3 road car. Now, an E30 DTM car, maybe.

Unless PD are modeling old pre-1970's Formula One cars (Senna's JPS is getting lonely), looks like we'll get more modern cars like we have from all previous GT's.

Polyphony Digital staff read the site.

I think this is the fifthish time I've spoken to Kazunori and @Jordan is running a similar number. He knows GTPlanet.

However please pay attention to the words of the answer. They try to balance new cars that manufacturers want, historically interesting cars and the most requested cars on forums - not just us. Combine that with the fact that manufacturers are more interested in getting their new cars out there and you might be getting ahead of yourself with the enthusiasm for GTP's Suggestions being implemented.
Sounds great anyway we'll have 30 or 50 new cars.

The problem is what we can actually do with this new cars? Time trial? Time trial is great, improve your pace lap after lap, master the car master the track etc, but we already have 1200 cars for that.

If Kazunori read this forum, or next time you have the chance to speak, please ask him about the "Custom Event Editor" so we can setup our own races with AI cars of our choice, and please ask him to give us the option to use the same expert seasonal AI algorithm so we can setup competitive races against AI.

There is a good chance that Polyphony may not perceive the E30 M3 as the iconic car with historic significance - viewpoints of Japanese motor sport culture may differ from European or American.

Even if the car is on the list, it probably doesn't have that much priority given that the series already features several M3 models - Polyphony may want to bring something different.

There is a good chance that Polyphony may not perceive the E30 M3 as the iconic car with historic significance - viewpoints of Japanese motor sport culture may differ from European or American.

Even if the car is on the list, it probably doesn't have that much priority given that the series already features several M3 models - Polyphony may want to bring something different.

How can they not know that the E30 is an important car? Also they only featured two M3's , not several.

I think PD know the E30 is significant, besides, the E30 has only really started appearing in racing games quite recently.
How can they not know that the E30 is an important car? Also they only featured two M3's , not several.
I know I'm being picky but that's only each model code. And not including the M4 (which is just an M3 Coupe). There's about 6 or 7 M3's total:

M3 '04
M3 CSL '03
M3 GTR '03
M3 GTR ALMS '01
M3 Coupe '07
M4 Coupe '14
M3 GT2 '13

I think PD know the E30 is significant, besides, the E30 has only really started appearing in racing games quite recently.
In their eyes, the car may not be more important than Honda Beat, for instance. It all depends on how they evaluate its achievements, which is where Japanese world view comes in play.
M3 '04
M3 CSL '03
M3 GTR '03
M3 GTR ALMS '01
M3 Coupe '07
M4 Coupe '14
M3 GT2 '13
That is the number I was looking for. I'm afraid there are more than just two. :)

You'd have to be making your game in a cave to not realize how popular that car is in sim racing. Besides its top of the most requested list on GTP by some margin and they are supposed to be checking these types of lists. No way they could be unaware.

You'd have to be making your game in a cave to not realize how popular that car is in sim racing. Besides its top of the most requested list on GTP by some margin and they are supposed to be checking these types of lists. No way they could be unaware.
I agree with all of you who claim that the E30 shouldn't remain undetected - but given that the car hasn't appeared in the series yet, such foolish hypothesis, like that Polyphony never heard of it, must also be questioned.

Let's hope that BMW won't have new-age vehicles for Polyphony to introduce in the GT7, so that they can find time to model the E30.

But does anyone find unusual that the vintage 507 managed to attract more attention than the E30? Nobody knows what kind of philosophy Polyphony uses to determine value of a car. That is why I believe the world view of Polyphony's staff is important to judge.

I know I'm being picky but that's only each model code. And not including the M4 (which is just an M3 Coupe). There's about 6 or 7 M3's total:

M3 '04
M3 CSL '03
M3 GTR '03
M3 GTR ALMS '01
M3 Coupe '07
M4 Coupe '14
M3 GT2 '13

Yes but that's just two different generations of M3's , and an M4 is not an M3. Would you say that a 4 door ER34 Skyline is the same as a GT-T?

Still , i'm curious to see if Kaz's words are turned into actions. The top 30-50 cars on GTP would cover what most of what the community wants. But nobody knows how they select their cars.

The BMW M3 (E30) 1985 is the top listed old car by a large margin. Before you reply that it isn't historic, it's 30 years old. That is historic in car terms.

If it IS that iconic(and we know this) it's interesting oh well, perplaxing, that we have an Alfa and 190E DTM and the E30 is missing. There surely is not a licensing issue as it is in other games. PD can't be waiting to "do it right the first time". We have a Ferrari GTO in the game. Something just isn't right here.

Oh, one more thing. An E30 M3 in any guise can be found easily. So, it wouldnt be about unavailability.

Still , i'm curious to see if Kaz's words are turned into actions. The top 30-50 cars on GTP would cover what most of what the community wants. But nobody knows how they select their cars.
You're not going to get the top 30 but at least 10 out of the top 30 including the E30 BMW would send a clear signal to the fanbase that they do pay attention and do consider their requests. At the moment I daresay that is not the case.

...All this talk of selecting cars and whatnot makes me wonder how exactly PDI acquires the said cars for laser-scanning?

Most likey they might get those "Press cars" but it's just a speculation on my part. GTP's membership is varied and interesting, so there may be a personage among us who's in position to part some wisdom if so inclined...

But if it's indeed the press cars for the laser-scanning duty, then wouldn't the priority be placed first on the motoring mags and their road test PR stunts? There could be scheduling conflicts for all we know. And since I've no clue whether PDI flies out their engineers out of Japan to scan cars elsewhere, getting a hold of certain vehicles could be challenging if there's not a single example to be found in their native country.

Hell, just some wild, baseless goosechase on my part. Don't worry 'bout it.

Race cars are often the most popular choice in online lobbies. Polyphony should complete the classes they have started delivering. For instance, the DTM class still requires the Audi's V8 Quattro, the last clip in the chain, so that people can finally replicate the old DTM championship by using the current Calibra, Alfa 155 and 190E. Same goes for the current Falcon XR8 - it needs proper rival from Holden of that time.

With that being said, I would probably give cars like the M3 (E30) one dose of priority less until Polyphony fills the holes.

GT basically starts off with the 1960s - only a handful of cars older than that. More than half a century, with emphasis on the latest models. No, not models, more like categories/classes. So if there's three examples of a certain type of car from a certain period, that would be covered already. What group, that "belongs" in GT, is completely absent?

...All this talk of selecting cars and whatnot makes me wonder how exactly PDI acquires the said cars for laser-scanning?

As you say, there are people here who may be "in the know"... but my guess is that they network at car shows.

As you say, there are people here who may be "in the know"... but my guess is that they network at car shows.

...Rare to see you on this side of da 'hood, @TenEightyOne.

Yeah, I don't know, hmm. Networking during the car shows (or some related events) only, sounds awfully limiting.

The more I think about it, more likely they use the PR cars.

As an aside (whisper it) I remember reading somewhere, prior to all this HD/interior nonsense :D PDI used scale model toys rather than real, made-of-metal examples as the basis of their "vehicular research sessions". Dunno how much truth was in that, but then again, there was that trophy back in GT5...

If they use toy cars to model cars for the game, they need to seek those expensive 1:5 with the highest amount of detail*. Those can be very difficult to obtain, so I think they rant the car from a dealership and do the job somewhere in quiet.

* Though plenty of them can be modeled perfectly even if the model is small:

iu

As an aside (whisper it) I remember reading somewhere, prior to all this HD/interior nonsense :D PDI used scale model toys rather than real, made-of-metal examples as the basis of their "vehicular research sessions". Dunno how much truth was in that, but then again, there was that trophy back in GT5...
Do you remember when GTP News covered a tour of PD studios and there was a shelf with a bunch of plastic models?...looked like 1/20 or 1/24 scale.

Photo is link

Do you remember when GTP News covered a tour of PD studios and there was a shelf with a bunch of plastic models?...looked like 1/20 or 1/24 scale.

Photo is link

...See? See!! I was right!! Sort of....

Hmm, some of those kits looks like Tamiyas. Oooh now that brings back memories...:)

Back