Kaz interview on Eurogamer - Standards are here to stay! Poll added

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Johnnypenso, Jun 27, 2014.

?

Kaz says the standards are going to be in GT7. Is this a deal breaker for you?

1. If standards are in GT7, I'm out.

171 vote(s)
    19.5%
  2. I will buy GT7 regardless.

498 vote(s)
    56.9%
  3. On the fence, I'll wait for the reviews and then decide.

206 vote(s)
    23.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nooboogering

Nooboogering (Banned)

That's deep, even scary, that you already know what GT7 looks like.

2. Doodle

Doodle Premium

Oh my god. The media is gonna give 'em bad reviews???????? Who the hell cares about what some game review website rates a game.

3. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Since were getting standard cars back, mind as well add back GT1 and GT2 cars back too.

[​IMG]

Oh don't worry. Because it's going to effect GT's reputation as well, just watch.

4. DingoDile

DingoDile

Sorry PD, sorry Yamauchi. I love you, but only an IDIOT can do that...

Rafael F and eminem09494 like this.
  5. jules283

jules283

For GT7 maybe PD should add the standards to the game as a post-release DLC for free. So then, if you don't like then don't download !

SnakeOfBacon and Sick Lenny like this.
  6. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

The customers do.

JAHHAJ likes this.
  7. Doodle

Doodle Premium

Would you stop whining? We have all of those cars as GT4 models. :rolleyes:

hall90, iainoflo85, perja55 and 4 others like this.
  8. Samus

Samus

Well what else is going to happen, PD are going to spend time modelling a detailed interior for standard cars? Or they're going to get MS Paint out and draw one on?

9. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

I'll give them the benefit of doubt, the game might still be in early development so things may change as they work on it.

no1pal and Qvale like this.
  10. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Can YOU stop defending? :rolleyes:

super_gt likes this.
  11. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

Compared to 1200, it doesnt sound appealing. Thats where the problem is. Playing with 200 cars was good enough for me, 500 cars would be great. If they can actually stick to a DLC plan. Then it can work out great, then once they reach the next iteration, they can have a good base to start and build up from.

JAHHAJ likes this.
  12. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

They don't see them as lumps of turd. They see them as the same candy, but it's been sitting in the attic for a couple of years and they just found it during spring cleaning. Still edible...some people will eat anything.

13. Samus

Samus

Once again though, it's becoming about numbers. Cars are being reduced to numbers, not what they actually are. People keep talking about 800 standards and yeah, if you reduce it to a number like that it does seem like a big loss. When you actually look at what that number represents though, what those 800 cars actually are, you realise it's not such a big loss to drop 80% of them.

14. Nooboogering

Nooboogering (Banned)

That's Dan Greenwalt's direction. Kazanori has just now set his direction. Lets see how much quality PD can bring.

GregOr1971 likes this.
  15. Zlork

Zlork

No Prologue version : YES !
    Sounds for GT7 : it's not a surprise to me
    Course Maker and B-spec in an imminent update : YES !
    Standard will be on GT7 : YES !

I hope other responses!

16. Nooboogering

Nooboogering (Banned)

Nostalgia, probably the key word in Kazanori's thinking.

17. jules283

jules283

JohnnyPenso.
    Can you say more please on the imminent release of b-spec and course maker ?
    Thanks!

karelpipa likes this.
  18. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

I'm guessing people who want standards would be fine when, playing Fifa to have the opposing team filled with PS2 era players, play with a PS2 era character in GTA V, Play BF4 with PS2 era weapons, Play Uncharted using a PS2 era Nathan Drake etc

19. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

I agree completely. The car list, currently, is unnecessarily large and I didnt feel individualism from each and every car, hell some even felt copy and pasted from something else. I would rather them go full next gen, not just in parts of the game.

That being said, they should pick out cars that are actually meaningful, and take out the rest, and focus on making those cars actually feel different from one another. With such a high number I'm sure some characteristics are added to certain cars determined by body style and engine position.

KKHN likes this.
  20. Rall7art

Rall7art

In my opinion I like the standard cars but I think it would be a good idea to have a separate dealer for them. I would.also not mind if they took the 50 standard.miatas.and maybe tuned it down to 5 standard miatas or something along the lines of that. Then with those miatas.you could chose witch spec you want it to have in a sub category in the menu. Like if you chose miata 91 you could.then select like the american or european spec version of tht specific car.

21. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

I'd at least expect those standard cars to have improved exteriors... if not then it's a complete show of laziness.

karelpipa and iainoflo85 like this.
  22. Master Weasel

Master Weasel Premium

Absolutely shocking. I guess they'll do anything to keep the title of "Most Cars in a Racing Game Ever".

If they're pulling this bold move, I don't have much faith in the rest of GT7. Which is why I'm not buying it after reading this news. It's the only way to show that enough's enough.

karelpipa, mr_serious and TokoTurismo like this.
  23. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

Because gameplay is what matter to me

24. Samus

Samus

Like I said, think about it like this. PD are planning to do what no other games developer in the world are doing. That should be a mark of supremacy but not in this case, it's a mark of them being the odd ones out in a very negative way.

It's not the bad reviews they need to worry about, it's all the consumers being turned off when they see this. Diehard PD fans can defend this all they like, the general public are not PD diehard fans and the majority of the gaming public today care greatly about graphics. Look at all this hooplah about 720p/900p/1080p/30fps/60fps with pretty much any game. Lesser graphical games get slated by players, what are they going to make of this? Not going to be popular, I'd have thought.

Jimmy_DA and Master Weasel like this.
  25. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

If that is the case, why bother doing premiums at all, heck stick to creating thousands of standards and have a huge number of PS2 era cars and job well done.

26. Nooboogering

Nooboogering (Banned)

How did Vettel say it, "Oh that's tough"
    He is still an F1 driver. Gran Turismo will live through all the flak as usual.

perja55 likes this.
  27. DSkywalker01

DSkywalker01

Really?

[​IMG]

karelpipa likes this.
  28. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

They might change their mind, we don't know how far into development GT7 is to know if they're truly going to put them in.

fortbo likes this.
  29. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

@Johnnypenso could you change the poll question to "Do you think it is a good or bad decision"?

30. HBK

HBK

lol, GT7 will be a 1080p@60 game and it'll get praise for that even if it really is either a judder mess or a tearing fest because as most if not all PS4 games released the "60fps" part only applies to the back of the box and the game actually runs at an "unlocked" framerate fluctuating between 30 and 60 fps (but it hits 60, sometimes, so it IS a 60 fps game)

Sorry I'm just tired of this BS. I knew we wouldn't get the "sound patch" for GT6 but that's still icing on the cake. On top a big crappy cake part creamy premium cars, part ****** standard cars. Yummy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.