Kaz interview on Eurogamer - Standards are here to stay! Poll added

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 1,699 comments

Kaz says the standards are going to be in GT7. Is this a deal breaker for you?

• If standards are in GT7, I'm out.

Votes: 171 19.5%
  • I will buy GT7 regardless.

Votes: 498 56.9%
  • On the fence, I'll wait for the reviews and then decide.

Votes: 206 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.

Come on Samus. I mean, when I try to drive or race in cockpit mode, I make more mistakes. I just prefer the bumper cam, always have.
Is there a bumper cam? I thought it was mounted on the roof??? I might be wrong.

Lol.

Come on Samus. I mean, when I try to drive or race in cockpit mode, I make more mistakes. I just prefer the bumper cam, always have.

It's irreverent to the point I was making whether you or I drive in cockpit mode.

HBK
:lol:👍

In all seriousness that's my main gripe about standard cars. I don't really care about graphical inconsistencies. Well, I don't care that much. But no (actual) cockpit view, man that sucks :(

I agree, It don't look right with all that scenery before you. Lets just hope they have a couple of alien programmers who can put cockpits in 1200 cars this time next year.

Um about damage models..... Are they out too??

HBK
There's definitely a classic bumper cam.
Haven't played since GT5 2.04 spec so I don't remember.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really goes to show the key difference between T10 and PD as a developer. PS2 models on the PS4, really? And to think that some people like to point out some minor modelling errors in Forza's cars while others being perfectly fine with lowres no-interior cars in a PS4 is astonishing.
You're forgetting that the standards were only included in the first place to boost car count for variety, they aren't just neglected models. You're also forgetting that as it stands gran turismo 6 contains more premiums than forza 5, which, by the way, are pushing the console to the max, unlike Forza's ( not bashing forza, just making a point on gt's car quality).
Including standards in gt7 Is not about being lazy, it's about keeping popular cars.
And Kaz has said more standards will become premiums.

Since were getting standard cars back, mind as well add back GT1 and GT2 cars back too.

GranTurismo2.jpg

Oh don't worry. Because it's going to effect GT's reputation as well, just watch.

@TokoTurismo I think your drivatar has hacked into your GTP account

It's irreverent to the point I was making whether you or I drive in cockpit mode.

OK. I agree. The cockpit is interesting to use and I must admit of being immersed when using it. Seeing how PD think, I feel that they will only announce the inclusion or exclusion of the cockpits just before GT7 go gold.;)

The only way I can find this acceptable is if the standards are upgraded to a premium level in the exterior and no interior, and if the stupid simplified interiors are gone for good. Until them I will shake my head in disappointment

Not many folks use the interior view. I wouldn't care if every car in the game looked like that. I'm more interested in how they drive. I cannot see them when driving them anyway.

@crowhop, I agree that there is no upside in throwing away cars just for the sake of it. However, one of the main reasons I (generally) steer clear of standards is that I like to make videos of replays, and I like to see "Cockpit", "Interior 1" and "Interior 2" views in these replays. So I'd be very unhappy if "every car in the game looked like that"!

And I totally agree the "how they drive" is really important.

So my anti-standards bias gets broken for two reasons. If it's visually or historically (for me) a "collector's item", then I will happily buy it. Like the Jay Leno Tank Car! And if GTP members recommend it for its behavior, then I may buy it.

The only way I can find this acceptable is if the standards are upgraded to a premium level in the exterior and no interior, and if the stupid simplified interiors are gone for good. Until them I will shake my head in disappointment
800 cars is a big ask when the community is wanting so many other features fixed as well
Best thing to do is what I believe @Sum1s2pid is driving at:
As much as I enjoy and defend Standard cars in GT5 and 6, just... no. No, Kaz. Don't do it, bro. 👎

don't include them at all

@Marry_Me_GT why not both? Gt7 will be great

You're forgetting that the standards were only included in the first place to boost car count for variety, they aren't just neglected models. You're also forgetting that as it stands gran turismo 6 contains more premiums than forza 5, which, by the way, are pushing the console to the max, unlike Forza's ( not bashing forza, just making a point on gt's car quality).
Including standards in gt7 Is not about being lazy, it's about keeping popular cars.
And Kaz has said more standards will become premiums.
Why are you comparing an Xbone game to PS3, Forza 5's models are much more detailed than any car in GT6, with much higher res textures and materials, higher poly counts and now they're not only modelling interior but the engine and other internal components. Why don't you compare games from the same gen? Forza 4 had like 600+ models with full interiors.

Because you can't do anything when others didn't?

Amazing

er...what? I'm sorry I don't understand your reply. I will clarify mine though.

I personally feel that the gameplay in GT5 (and from what I hear GT6) is the worst in any racing game I have ever played and I have been playing racing games since 1996.

Now what was your point?

I posted in another thread sometime ago that if Kaz includes Standard cars on the PS4 there wouldn't be a facepalm big enough to cover it.

:ouch:

Why are you comparing an Xbone game to PS3, Forza 5's models are much more detailed than any car in GT6, with much higher res textures and materials, higher poly counts and now they're not only modelling interior but the engine and other internal components. Why don't you compare games from the same gen? Forza 4 had like 600+ models with full interiors.
Because I thought you had forza 5 in mind. Also remember it took tons of (pricey) dlc for forza 4 to reach that number, and tbh I think both gt6 and fm5 are more detailed than forza 4
(I love forza 4 though please don't hurt me :nervous:)

VBR
I posted in another thread sometime ago that if Kaz includes Standard cars on the PS4 there wouldn't be a facepalm big enough to cover it.

:ouch:

Sadly PD are so easy to predict these days! :(

Reactions: VBR
Sadly PD are so easy to predict these days! :(
I get you pain guys, but look at all the other stuff he's now addressing. IMO, that more than makes up for standards in gt7.

We could all ask him to reconsider as well

After all he has started listening to us! :)

I'm at a loss of words. I'm most definitely out if that is the case.

Reactions: VBR
@crowhop, I agree that there is no upside in throwing away cars just for the sake of it. However, one of the main reasons I (generally) steer clear of standards is that I like to make videos of replays, and I like to see "Cockpit", "Interior 1" and "Interior 2" views in these replays. So I'd be very unhappy if "every car in the game looked like that"!

And I totally agree the "how they drive" is really important.

So my anti-standards bias gets broken for two reasons. If it's visually or historically (for me) a "collector's item", then I will happily buy it. Like the Jay Leno Tank Car! And if GTP members recommend it for its behavior, then I may buy it.
There are very few Standards I buy and even fewer that I drive. To me, most of the significant driving cars are premium anyways. I hate the way the BMW 2002 looks. Personally, no way that car would have made the "cut" for me, if I had a say.

But Interior View has nothing to do with it at all. If I ever have three TVs setup, it might be a factor, but the peripheral vision is so poor and limiting, Interior View driving is useless in my opinion. Replays don't do much for me.

Thankfully we all have our "thing". Whether it be sounds (good enough, in my opinion), Photomode (worthless to me), Cockpit View, Standards in general, Online suckiness, dearth of Offline events, ease of Golding everything, ease of Platinum, awful AI, etc, etc. The balance of all those makes for a wonderfully balanced game, on the whole.

Personally, I tend to gravitate to the Gameplay and Content side of things. I think they've done a very poor job of implementing quality, lasting content with challenging Gameplay. The Seasonals do not help much either. But unlike some, you won't see me in every thread, trolling for support of my cause. That would be ignorant and stupid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back