Kaz interview on Eurogamer - Standards are here to stay! Poll added

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Johnnypenso, Jun 27, 2014.

?

Kaz says the standards are going to be in GT7. Is this a deal breaker for you?

1. If standards are in GT7, I'm out.

171 vote(s)
    19.5%
  2. I will buy GT7 regardless.

498 vote(s)
    56.9%
  3. On the fence, I'll wait for the reviews and then decide.

206 vote(s)
    23.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eminem09494

eminem09494

Bye Kaz, i won't buy GT7 (GT5.2)
    Instead of working more to convert standard cars & tracks they just copy them game after game
    [​IMG]

2. vr6cas

vr6cas

I am happy that the standards are returning because what would a trackday be without such a variety of cars. But like I said in the standards good bad and ugly thread they ALL need to be to the level of detail of the 73 Skyline with working high beams, reverse lights and tag lights. The exterior needs to meet or exceed the level of the rufs. They also need to be somewhat customizable. And take away that stupid blacked out cockpit because that makes the cars just look stupid.

karelpipa and GregOr1971 like this.
  3. DonZonda

DonZonda

It's not only about driving them also to have them as AI. When you see a mixed field of pixelated and high detailed cars it is already bugging me in GT5/6. Black Windows, flat tail lights in front of me. pixelated wheels.

4. Hideo Kojima let us use PS1- and PS2-era Snake models. I thought that was awesome.

Either way, what you're suggesting is hardly relatable to using less than up-to-par car models. For one, cars are NOT people. People do not reflect their environments like cars can. People do not get spay painted in a matte finish like cars can.

... COME ON.

AH. See, that's a good enough argument. It makes a lot more sense than other ones.

Edit -
    But I'll have to admit, it's sometimes hard to differentiate a number of the standard cars from premium cars when you're racing against them (in GT6). There are definitely some that are more noticeably pixelated, but with GT6, most/all of them have improved and some of them look damn good considering what they were in GT5. GT7 (or PS4 and X1 games, in general) will not be played using 4k resolution. So it's not going to be able of the argument of, "The PS4 will make the standard cars look even worse."

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    perja55, diegorborges and GregOr1971 like this.
  5. Nooboogering

Nooboogering (Banned)

Does anyone know what standards will look like on the PS4?

iainoflo85, perja55 and GregOr1971 like this.
  6. Isho

Isho

I just hope they can convert some of the most popular ones. Still boggles my mind why theres a premium Toyota MK3 but no MK4.:rolleyes:

7. diegorborges

diegorborges

Just keep them as optional, or in a "memorial" feature and that's ok.

pikes_peak likes this.
  8. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

The MGS thing was a standalone part. Cars are sort of the characters in a car game.

9. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

Stop it. Right there

Every car has detailed wheels, even more detailed than some of the cars, actually

10. TheProRacer

TheProRacer

I hope that they also try to make some semi-premium like in GT6.

11. GregOr1971

GregOr1971

You know the interesting thing is ,that you don't have to use that car if you don't want It . So , there is absolutely no need to be masochistic :D

On the other hand , I like that car very much and I don't think It would look half that bad , if it was updated to some semi-premium standards as RUF's. Don't you think ?

perja55 likes this.
  12. Nooboogering

Nooboogering (Banned)

Well, not everybody uses the cockpit.

Doodle likes this.
  13. Samus

Samus

Strawmen do.

MJRL likes this.
  14. HBK

HBK

:lol::tup:

In all seriousness that's my main gripe about standard cars. I don't really care about graphical inconsistencies. Well, I don't care that much. But no (actual) cockpit view, man that sucks :(

no1pal likes this.
  15. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

Have you heard yourself? You won't buy a game, regardless of the rest of its features, because it contains a bunch cars you won't ever drive anyway?
    Seriously!? :banghead:

Also If you fully read the article you would have noticed he said they're gong to make more standards premium.

iainoflo85, perja55 and Doodle like this.
  16. Rash-182

Rash-182

That would be pretty embarrassing and I hope media would burry them alive. I think I´m not the only one, who thinks, that GT7 needs to be drasticaly better, different..almost starting from the scratch. Them copy pasting all theese cars yet again would also mean we would be stuck with the ridiculous grids again (classes anyone?). Also, who in their right mind is expecting 1000+ premium cars? First a good number of those standards are just variations and second, as many have pointed out are boring 90s japanese cars. 300-500 UNIQUE cars is just enought for anybody! Not to mention it would be waste of resources just like the Vision cars are. Big no no for me

HBK likes this.
  17. J-KiLLA24

J-KiLLA24

Sooo uhh, who's looking forward to that long awaited Course Maker update??

18. Spagetti69

Spagetti69 Premium

This thread is FIA approved. :tup:

19. HBK

HBK

I really wished back in GT5 there would have been a "premium only" option, entirely hiding standards from all the game (won't see it in shops, AI won't use it, etc).

Such option does not exist and most likely wont exist in GT7.

So yeah, people care that they'll race against PS2 cars in a PS4 game.

Fanapryde likes this.
  20. GregOr1971

GregOr1971

So, you have taken a liberty ,to talk on behalf of whole GTP community ?

I don't think so :rolleyes:

iainoflo85 likes this.
  21. sosa

sosa

In 2020 people will play on 1 ultrarealistic track with dozen ultrarealistic cars and claim this is a new standard! If this is what the future HD-standards stands for, than I don't want it. I still preffer lower quality and quantity in a game. And I want weather changes and day-night circle to remain. I want that the future bring more since the hardware is evolving to stronger and faster machines not less. So for me is better that all the cars and the tracks remain where they are. Sure I want all to be on the same quality level but if it's not possible than I can come to compromises.

iainoflo85, Ranman20, JAHHAJ and 2 others like this.
  22. mr_serious

mr_serious

I think the poll should have an extra option "I'm not going to buy GT7 regardless of standard cars."

After GT5, I just knew GT6 was going to be more of the same and so voted with my money. Reading that interview suggests that the poor sales of GT6 haven't yet informed Kaz's plans for GT7. Expect more of the same old story people...

I predict shortly Kaz will promise updated AI just as he has done for every release since GT2, and no doubt the difference will be barely noticeable.

I guess if McDonalds can make a fine living selling rubbish to undiscerning drones, there's no reason PD can't manage it.

Spagetti69 likes this.
  23. Nooboogering

Nooboogering (Banned)

'laziness'.Probably the same thing the FIA was thinking when they certified PD tracks for their complete lack of it.

24. Kaz actually decided against having that upon first seeing it. But due to demand for some kind of cockpit view, it was added through the Spec 2 update. Some of us can deal with it, and some of us don't like it. I think it's better than nothing at all. I just very much dislike that we can't get rid of the other HUD instruments when using the game's custom speedometer and tachometer.

25. Nooboogering

Nooboogering (Banned)

Only in cockpit mode.

26. SimTourist

SimTourist

Really goes to show the key difference between T10 and PD as a developer. PS2 models on the PS4, really? And to think that some people like to point out some minor modelling errors in Forza's cars while others being perfectly fine with lowres no-interior cars in a PS4 is astonishing.

27. jimipitbull

jimipitbull

Most of us drive standard cars in real life. Why do you hold PD to a different standard?

It's a driving game, not a car show game.

iainoflo85, perja55 and GregOr1971 like this.
  28. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

The ai using standards is a problem. Could someone ask Kaz if he could include standards as free dlc or in an install disc so people who don't like them don't have to have them in the game?

29. Nooboogering

Nooboogering (Banned)

Lol.

Come on Samus. I mean, when I try to drive or race in cockpit mode, I make more mistakes. I just prefer the bumper cam, always have.

30. HBK

HBK

While that would be a very nice option indeed, I'm 100% sure we won't have it. They won't put those cars in the game for us not to see 'em.

GranTurismo guy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.