Kaz responds "A Little Break" for #7 events

• Thread starter zjordan
  • 524 comments
From Twitter in response to the question on when the #7 events will be up.

ちょっと一休み。(A Little Break) RT @anthonyputson: @Kaz_Yamauchi Kaz, will the new seasonal events be up soon?

What "A little break" means is anyones guess.

Hours, days, weeks, so ambiguous!

I don't understand the foumula:
1. 5 seasonal events arriving consistently
2. Announcement that seasonal events will arrive consistently
3. One more seasonal event, right on time
4. More seasonal events no where to be seen

Hours, days, weeks, so ambiguous!

I don't understand the foumula:
1. 5 seasonal events arriving consistently
2. Announcement that seasonal events will arrive consistently
3. One more seasonal event, right on time
4. More seasonal events no where to be seen

Yeah, odd.

Maybe the little break is because they are working on somthing with the event, like drivers club. But that could have been posted in the news section regarding seasonal event updates.

Why would you bother putting +/- if it clearly didn't mean anything? Why does he respond on twitter instead of the the in-game systems? A little pop up, or message, or news update saying "sorry for the delay, there won't be events this week" would have been nice.

I'm sure PD knows how to make great games, and they like cars, but they need a some more management/PR.

Maybe they're working on nothing! A little break is...a little break! These people are now enjoying the money they earned with GT5. Kaz first has to continuosly check overhaul work on one of his two(2) Ford GT.

Instead of getting grumpy and speculating until you get everyone in a frenzy...read-the-news-section!

It's there on the first screen of the game, updates can be approximately one day late, or indeed early. This time they are late and anyway, there is talk of a game update, so maybe that's the reason.

Also in that news fragment, there is the promise of other special events outside of these seasonal ones - do you seriously think they'd drop it all dead when the plans are clear to anyone who can be bothered to go and read about it?

My two cents. They are probably trying to solve the whole "cutting corners" debacle. Thus waiting for the next update before adding more Seasonal Events.

Doesn't Kaz have "People" for this sort of thing??? I mean he could have left instructions for the night watchman to upload a few lousy event races.

Oh well, I guess the Honeymoon is over. The cash is in the bank and they all took vacation at the same time.

I'm actually looking forward to Shift and NASCAR 11 for something else to do.

Signed,

Tired of Grinding

I'm expecting alot of spam. Good thing Kaz said that, though.

Instead of getting grumpy and speculating until you get everyone in a frenzy...read-the-news-section!

It's there on the first screen of the game, updates can be approximately one day late, or indeed early. This time they are late and anyway, there is talk of a game update, so maybe that's the reason.

Also in that news fragment, there is the promise of other special events outside of these seasonal ones - do you seriously think they'd drop it all dead when the plans are clear to anyone who can be bothered to go and read about it?

Yep. I agree completely. It's been up there in the News section before you select GT-Mode for several days. It's amazing the number of people who don't bother reading and just moan about things instead.

The point though is that it is 2 days late now not 1.
I think they are working on the update patch.

I've been flaccid since hearing this dreadful news.

Yep. I agree completely. It's been up there in the News section before you select GT-Mode for several days. It's amazing the number of people who don't bother reading and just moan about things instead.

I think it's great we got the seasonal events at all. The only thing I've heard complaints wise is relating to the the randomness of PD. I'm glad you're making sense of the news section because I sure as hell can't work it out.

PD News- No announcement- Seasonal events arrive every week. Announcement- Seasonal events will be updated every week +/- 24 hrs- No events arrive in that time frame. As I said, forgive me for being confused, obviously you understand perfectly.

Anyway, I've got better things to do than hang out for someone at PD to decide to update a game. Maybe they've gone on a break in order to learn half decent communication skills.

Random PD guy: "But sir, Pike's Peak is not currently in GT5. It could take us ages to get it ready for the Seasonal Snow Rally Event."
Kaz: "A little break."

Not quite 36 hours yet Mr Lebowski, sorry...dude.
Re-writing your own script ? Your point was read the news section and +/- 1 day is +/- 24 hours not... 48 hours,, 36 hours, whatever way you look at it, it is later.

As of 2 days ago PD were working on 3 things that we knew about:
- new seasonal events to tie in with their announced schedule
- GT Drivers Club/extra events
- new game update

All these things are independant of each other; 1.05 was done separately to the SE schedule, the wording in the news sections states that the extra events will be separate to the SEs.

Bottom line; this weeks SEs are late. It is PD so we should not be surprised and we all just have to be patient, otherwise the Janitor will be coming. ;)

come on guys, how many times do the exact same arguments have to be said back and forth.... maybe the entire seasonal events sub forum needs to be locked for a day or two.... :P

Lateness happens.
How overdue was the main feature, eh?

What worries me more is how we all swiftly became reliant upon a weekly dose of additional events. I personally started changing my evening plans around in the week to ensure I was at home on Thursday evenings! Sad, but I'm sure I'm not alone.

So now suddenly I'm all ancy and frustrated because my plans have been scuppered.

What on Earth do we all do on every other day of the week??

Doesn't Kaz have "People" for this sort of thing??? I mean he could have left instructions for the night watchman to upload a few lousy event races.

Oh well, I guess the Honeymoon is over. The cash is in the bank and they all took vacation at the same time.

I'm actually looking forward to Shift and NASCAR 11 for something else to do.

Signed,

Tired of Grinding

The more I read about Shift 2, the more I want it. At least, EA puts finished products on the shelves, not like PD...

These Seasonal Events are pretty much the only thing left for me to do in this Game aside from hammering out an endurance race during the weekend. I enjoyed the hell out of GT5 the last couple of months but it's starting to fizzle out for me. Oh well, I'm definitely not complaining, just a bit sad i didn't get my mid week fix.

Either way this game was eating up a good chunk of saddle time on my bike.

What really annoys me about PD is how unspecific they are. "a little break" When is that!?! Next month or GT6?

So, wait, you can tweet at him in English and he'll respond? Well, maybe not respond every time, but you know what I mean?

His response is pretty typical, though, I don't get why anyone is surprised about any of this.

Back