Kaz responds "A Little Break" for #7 events

• Thread starter zjordan
  • 524 comments
you guys complain WAAAAAY tooo much.

This very true.

First complain that there are restrictions..
Then complain that there are no restrictions..

First complain that the payout is to much..
Then complain that the payout is not enough...

I don't get it... just play the game or if you don't like it sell it

Gosh, so many people saying "You are getting the updates for free so stop complaining...." but that is complete rubbish. This is not the 20th century for goodness sakes, and we are talking about PS3, the most advanced and online-capable gaming console the world has ever seen, and a budget bigger that that of many small countries to make the game.

No, the updates are not "free". They are paid for with the millions, if not billions, that the makers are receiving for this game. In this day and age updates are mandatory, as is an online component.

What the lack of a seasonal event so far this week has done is expose the lack of substance of the game. A-spec is deeply unchallenging thanks to the rubbish AI, B-spec is worse than pointless without the ability to train your driver (like the old Forza Motorsport), online racing is so hit-and-miss as to be unentertaining for many. The challenges were to be the saviour of GT, but without them, really, who cares.

Having bought the original Playstation to get the original GT when it came out, and having played every incarnation of GT there is since then, I can easily say that, unless they change the format drastically, this is the last GT I shall ever bother to buy. This game is way too shallow for amount of development and cash that has (supposedly) gone into it.
👍

Top post, sums my feelings up about this game as it seriously lacks any depth besides the realistic car handling, your left not even 'hungry-still' but bloody starved!
The only decent challenge I got from the game was the first couple of seasonal events and even then, that was brief. How hard must it be to get a DECENT CODER to code in hardcore aggressive AI that tries to kick your ass but not shunt you off the track or without it resulting in you being DQ for it?

And don't even get me started on the online because there IS way too many idiot's trying to play the game online.

It actually pains me to say this after realising all my previous GT (1-4) experiences were not as half as bad as this version. Bring on GT6 :crazy:
Not actually a big complainer as I did feel content with the game but as I have just said wheres the challenge as I am already starting to put this game down and pick up new ones which is bad for a racing game addict playing GT5 surely?

Then YOU'RE the one who's missing out, because the endurance races in GT3 and GT4 were better :P

You are correct, I did miss out on the endurance races in GT3 and GT4, partly because I played those games using the DS, rather than a wheel and pedals, and partly because those games were too difficult. I got to the Gran Turismo Championship in GT4, but fizzed out at that point. I never got close to the endurance races in GT3. GT5 has proven to be much more accessible. I have tried to get back into GT4 on my PS3, but the game is just too ugly and outdated for my taste. I much prefer to use my precious and little gaming time on Forza 3 and GT5.

This very true.

First complain that there are restrictions..
Then complain that there are no restrictions..

First complain that the payout is to much..
Then complain that the payout is not enough...

I don't get it... just play the game or if you don't like it sell it

👍 "Cry Turismo 5" the real moaning simulation :crazy:

Kaz was taking a break to play Forza 3... or was being reconditioned in a Sony internment camp... Sony saw their most prized franchise made a damn fool of itself and the four year wait from ps3 launch as a selling point to buy one and we'll get GT5 out to you eventually... came up totally short of hitting the mark.

I can easily say that, unless they change the format drastically, this is the last GT I shall ever bother to buy. This game is way too shallow for amount of development and cash that has (supposedly) gone into it.

Its kind of sad, perhaps even depressing, to think of how good this game could have been if PD developed this game with a genuine focus on providing gamers with what they want. Instead we got something that looks like it was developed in a vacuum and then thrown over the wall.

Its funny but Ive not been on it for a few days so havent seen the new seasons yet. I get a buzz when its time for new seasonals! Seems im in the minority here, does no-one else enjoy this game?

Its funny but Ive not been on it for a few days so havent seen the new seasons yet. I get a buzz when its time for new seasonals! Seems im in the minority here, does no-one else enjoy this game?

Here's someone who does! I really appreciate the game and the SE in particular, no matter how much cr. or xp you get...new races are always fun. However i do think PD shouldn't make any promises they can't keep by posting there will be a weekly update if there isn't.

I just play whenever there's new events and i'll eventually get there and not only do i enjoy it, but it'll be way more satisfying getting there like that then if i got to level 40 in just a matter of days!!

OFF:
Need more PSN friends as all my pigheaded friends are on xbox lol...add me for trades too: robinworldwide

I agree. GT5 could be the best game I have ever played. It certainly is in the Top 5. I have GT, GT2, GT3, GT4, Forza, Forza 2 and Forza 3, and GT5 is the best. I do not understand the sharp criticism from the reviewers and so-called fans.

I can easily say that, unless they change the format drastically, this is the last GT I shall ever bother to buy. This game is way too shallow for amount of development and cash that has (supposedly) gone into it.

Its kind of sad, perhaps even depressing, to think of how good this game could have been if PD developed this game with a genuine focus on providing gamers with what they want. Instead we got something that looks like it was developed in a vacuum and then thrown over the wall.

You really are missing the point aren't you, have a read of this? if not do so then come back and tell us how it makes you feel

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178843

Unless you're like me and consider this to be big hairy bollox, which some people love the taste of and the only emotions he has really captured are sadness and disappointment......

Looks like to me gt5 has been a fail in his mind and hes now trying to convince sony to invest(waste) even more money on his whimsical. mimsical ideas about how 'he' thinks 'we' want to move forward in the gaming world. I know hes always had motivation for rpg, hence b-spec, but is that really as groundbreaking as he is making out to the press, or is it just a way to teach us about 'death' by making us feel a little closer to wanting it everytime we set bob going.

These are just my personal opinions, other opinions are available.

Back