Kaz responds "A Little Break" for #7 events

• Thread starter zjordan
  • 524 comments
Sounds like a bunch of junkies aren't getting their fix.

I'm quite happy getting my measly credits online, entering online tournaments hosted by GTP users, and generally enjoying driving cars that I'll never come within 10ft. of my whole life.

No, he is not one of the few. I agree with him. I just think the people waiting patiently (by definition!) are not the ones who will be incessantly posting here.

Concur. I replayed the Corvette seasonal event with different Corvettes.

You know, those different Corvettes on the online car dealership that people complained about on another thread.

Concur. I replayed the Corvette seasonal event with different Corvettes.

You know, those different Corvettes on the online car dealership that people complained about on another thread.

Does it give you credits for each different Corvette win?

I was going to complain,

about the people who are complaining about people complaining,

but then I realized that someone would just complain about my complaining.

:lol:

I'll wait to see what happens for this update.

I don't mind not getting anything,

provided they at least say something "official" as to what the heck is going on,

you know,

like they did when they announced that it would be a regular feature updated weekly.:sly:

Well I, for one, will not be holding my breath ;)

Nor I. The seasonal events are pretty lame anyway, since they got rid of the restrictions anyway. I'm reasonably happy racing online against real people, rather than the mediocre AI.

I think there wont be any seasonals this week. But hey, if can spend my time by reading the next wave of rants about seasonals not being released for 2 weeks in a row.

Plenty of reading to do looking back at this week ! I will not be bored :-)

I dont really care anymore, I was happy to get what I get but after the recent announcment that they would be updated I fully expected that such a straightforward announcment it would be so. But no, just like so much that was promised it has come to nothing. Such is life. The world still turns, beer is cold and my girlfriends chest aint getting any smaller.

Last thing I am going to get upset about is a software company that produced a flawed and disappointing game after six years of development failing to keep its word.

GT5 is now just a game I play for practice, arcade and photo modes. And the seasonals whenever they turn up.

Are we nearly there yet?

We're having a little break, apparently. :crazy:

Come to think of it, apart from the fun online free runs around the Ring, I haven't played GT5 a-Spec in almost two weeks. I can't be bothered to grind any more. Waiting for the next two seasonal events to bump me up to lvl32, unlock Nurburgring 4hr event and that'll be it. Without save, I'm not touching any of the long endurance races except the 4hr Nurburgring.

AFAIK the "time trial" laps did not count if you hit grass. So working on cutting corners as a reason for a delay makes little sense. The other races you're just cheating yourself if you cut a corner.

PD will run out of premium cars to use for these kind of soon though. They'll have to use a weight/BHP/other limit that isn't a set ride for longevity. Or use the OCD for standards... or just be mean and not provide people with suitable rides without rerolling the UCD screen :)

Chiming in a bit late...

'A little break'

Translation:

'After 6 years and two months, with all of the holiday pressure off of us, we still can't get our **** together...'

It could be nothing happens until after that no one has said the 14th is a definite date for anything.

This is true, if there aren't any new events this week I can't wait to see what happens in this thread then :lol: 👍 .

Sounds like a bunch of junkies aren't getting their fix.

I'll admit the Bonus Races have provided reasons to buy cars I may not have otherwise considered driving anytime soon. Seeing a new batch of races every week was quickly becoming an exciting new aspect of the game. I hope the "little break" comes to an end tonight, but like so many others, I'm not holding my breath, just crossing my fingers.

I would like to see seasonal events 7 tomorrow but if it doesen't happen I wont be that annoyed, all I need for my platinum is to get to level 40 A-Spec and I know thats going to take a while seasonal events or not, when the game first came out they weren't there so I don't see what the big deal is really. Its not like many driving games come out with almost weekly extra races is it?!?

Cärbä;4796133
AFAIK the "time trial" laps did not count if you hit grass. So working on cutting corners as a reason for a delay makes little sense. The other races you're just cheating yourself if you cut a corner.

You must have missed the thread of why rd. 2 of GT Academy was cancelled - severe cheating by cutting corners (yes, driving with all 4 wheels off the grass; times not turning red & counting) & bouncing off of walls to keep momentum up.

The collision/off road system is flawed. Look at the replay of the current top time for the Laguna Seca time trial #6 - Mr. GTP #1 slides waaaay off course using more than the runoff available to his advantage.

Those kind of shenanigans need to be fixes and probably the reason we are waiting for seasonals & GT Academy. My $$ is on after the update for 1.06 for anything new.

I would like to see seasonal events 7 tomorrow but if it doesen't happen I wont be that annoyed, all I need for my platinum is to get to level 40 A-Spec and I know thats going to take a while seasonal events or not, when the game first came out they weren't there so I don't see what the big deal is really. Its not like many driving games come out with almost weekly extra races is it?!?

Have you read any of the posts regarding the alleged missing seasonals? It seems that many people haven't, and are just assuming that everyone here is just miffed that they are missing. We aren't, we are however reasonably disappointed that as usual we have not had any info on them or the supposed incoming update. People are never too keen to be treated like mushrooms.

Without save, I'm not touching any of the long endurance races except the 4hr Nurburgring.

You are missing out. I never did the endurance races in any prior racing title, GT3, GT4, Forza, Forza 2, etc., but I did do my first three endurance races in GT5 (Grand Valley, Tsukuba 4 hour and Indy 500) and they were good fun. I plan to do Laguna Seca this weekend.

You are missing out. I never did the endurance races in any prior racing title, GT3, GT4, Forza, Forza 2, etc., but I did do my first three endurance races in GT5 (Grand Valley, Tsukuba 4 hour and Indy 500) and they were good fun. I plan to do Laguna Seca this weekend.

Then YOU'RE the one who's missing out, because the endurance races in GT3 and GT4 were better :P

Back