Kazunori Yamauchi Explains The Reasons Behind GT Sport's Unique Trophy

I knew Kaz is into Italian Futurism, I bet Gran Turismo is heavily inspired by it. Although the futurists were extremely violent, most of them are fascist and they see war and violence as an artform the whole movement still very interesting. They inspired a lot of modern musicians, art movement and even car culture.

Last edited:
CommentPhotos.com_1391959668.jpg

I knew Kaz was into Italian Futurism, I bet Gran Turismo is heavily inspired by it. Although the futurists were extremely violent, most of them are fascist and they see war and violence as an artform the whole movement still very interesting. They inspired a lot of modern musicians, art movement and even car culture.

How ironic that Boccioni would die by being thrown and trampled by his unfuturistic horse during a training excercise. An intriguing movement and though I enjoy the resulting art I can't help but have disdain for the artists.

Anime and mechas huh. When is Omega Boost getting revived? Sony should secure PD as a developer for a PlayStation-exclusive licensed mecha franchise as a side project before the next GT comes. Imagine the level of detail.

I wonder what next year's trophy will be based on. I like how a sculpture was chosen and it was very fitting for GT to choose such a meaningful sculpture as their trophy design. Maybe next year's will be another one too.

Anime and mechas huh. When is Omega Boost getting revived? Sony should secure PD as a developer for a PlayStation-exclusive licensed mecha franchise as a side project before the next GT comes. Imagine the level of detail.

Oh yes, so much fun back in the PS1 days!

I wonder what next year's trophy will be based on. I like how a sculpture was chosen and it was very fitting for GT to choose such a meaningful sculpture as their trophy design. Maybe next year's will be another one too.
Mecha games seem like something that would make great use of VR.

So, uh...MAKE AN EVA GAME YOU COWARDS. :embarrassed:

Oh, now it makes sense. Because when I originally saw it, I was kinda dumbfounded that a Futurist sculpture was chosen as a trophy.

Gundam Wing trophy confirmed. I wonder if Kaz is a Gundam fan? I remember seeing some odd sketches by PD designers of vehicles that had a mecha like appearance. Wonder if any of it is at all related.

did people really ignore the origines of that statue?

Does origins matter for gamers?

I suddenly remember that someone saying the Katsuoboshi (inspiration for Subaru Viziv VGT) were just blabbering lol. I forgot it is from Facebook or even this forum.

Does origins matter for gamers?

I suddenly remember that someone saying the Katsuoboshi (inspiration for Subaru Viziv VGT) were just blabbering lol. I forgot it is from Facebook or even this forum.

of course it matters, im just worried about average art knowledge of people, that's all.

After having seen a bronze cast of the original sculpture, and of course reading the blurb, I find it strangely appropriate. Keep using it.

Back