KTM X-Bow Street Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 135 comments
Hey guys!

I'm wondering how is it possibly to get that fast in the first checkpoint?

My car's fast on other parts, but the beginning sucks for me.

I think body movements too short. Am I right?

85mm 85mm
4,10 --- 8,85
7 --- 6
7 --- 6
5 --- 5
0,3 -- 0,3
-0,10 --- 0,20

LSD 5, 30, 11

320HP
881KG
40 : 60

Last edited:
Hey guys!

85mm 85mm
4,10 --- 8,85
7 --- 6
7 --- 6
5 --- 5
0,3 -- 0,3
-0,10 --- 0,20

LSD 5, 30, 11

320HP
881KG
Based on the tune posted on the previous page your too stiff cut diwn your shocks/dampers by half, lower the car 5 mil and strengthen your breaks to 10/10

Hey guys!

85mm 85mm
4,10 --- 8,85
7 --- 6
7 --- 6
5 --- 5
0,3 -- 0,3
-0,10 --- 0,20

LSD 5, 30, 11

320HP
881KG

Strange. I sort of agree with the comment above - that the suspension maybe too stiff. I had downloaded your ghost and saw your front wheels bounce off the ground after landing the jump. However, after trying your setup I started having second thoughts. Yes the car is stiff and a total beast to handle, but not impossible, and it is quite fast - I mean I was only very little behind my best. I also noticed that you brake really really carefully and don't slide in corners. I slide a bit and find it hard to countersteer with your setup.
I think you are right about the short body movement.
I suggest adjusting both cambers to 0, (or just the back).

It is not call you liar or anything like that, I only say that ramon who has is that it leads to a TOP 2, which I dont think is that you have a top 1 that have been made, because the setting is that it comes from stock and change gearbox.

It is as if bandit puts now that in the scirocco is the same setting as the first day, would someone be able to tell that it is true? no

It is not call you liar or anything like that, I only say that ramon who has is that it leads to a TOP 2, which I dont think is
that you have a top 1 that have been made, because the setting is that it comes from stock and
change gearbox.

It is as if bandit puts now that in
the scirocco is the same setting as the first day, would someone be able to tell that it is true?
no

Hey Escama i know the setup's that Samurai has been using an yes they are basically stock suspension with stock gearbox :)

I will have another go at this before end of week :)

Big thanks for sharing. You have increased happiness in the world - at least around here.
Please do not feel discouraged to do it again.
You're welcome 👍 , that's why I posted it, in case this could help some way, I know people can adapt the shared setup to their driving style and can improve it, I don't feel discouraged, I've shared my setups in the past, in the present and for sure there will be more in the future, even I wrote some "rough" notes explaining how I adjust my cars for GT5 (they're archived in the forum) , I'll update them for GT6 when I finish understanding what has changed in the physics, I'm not an expert tuner nor a guru but if I can reach the top 10 relatively easy, they can't be very wrong.

You're welcome 👍 , that's why I posted it, in case this could help some way, I
know people can adapt the shared setup to their driving style and can improve it, I don't feel
discouraged, I've shared my setups in the past, in the present and for sure there will be more in the
future, even I wrote some "rough" notes explaining how I adjust my cars for GT5 (they're archived in
the forum) , I'll update them for GT6 when I finish understanding
what has changed in the physics, I'm not an expert tuner nor a guru but if I can reach the top 10
relatively easy, they can't be very wrong.

Extremely well said 👍
I believe their is no such thing as an expert tuner or even a guru, anybody can tune a car, a tune does not mean it is fast it is basically a setting that 1 person likes that is for their style, i can tune but i would like to be able to tune to my driving style sometimes its easier on other cars some it is not :)

i'll try to share my early thoughts.
First of all I agree with Ramon and GTPMcBride, and I understand how Escama is puzzled over these setups. I also tried all sorts of setups to adapt the car to my driving style and the track. I'm still trying!
I feel I just spent my time trying to find that "trick setting" that would find the physics model sweet spot, and make me go super-fast, Instead of just driving the damn thing.
I found out that many different setups, even tricks that worked in gt5 have no super effect in this gt6 case.
Maybe because I had srf enabled all the time, and the effect of these changes was masked. I really don't know.
Even Aero didn't seem to affect handling the way I would expect.
I came to a point where just minimum changes in gearbox setup, lsd and brakes, would bring me really close or even pass top ghosts at different sections of the track, but found no setting that would make me as fast throughout the entire track.
I even tried theoretically faster ballast-power combos than the ones posted by Samurai and Ramon. That didn't do the trick either.
I also found out that playing around with the suspension had a smaller effect than that compared to gt5.
my fastest time around 02.7xx was done being slow in the first section and actually catching up the ghosts in the second one. After all the changes i made, without writing them down, I cant seem to be able to find that setting again.

I also understand these two facts:
1.In both the Scirocco and KTM TT's , the top time drivers posts of their fast tunes are, very close to standard ones.
2.I believe PD would showcase their new improved physics model in these early combos, to make the changes from gt5 more evident. What I mean is that I believe these combos are not selected by chance, and that there is something more to them.

Does that mean that tuning in gt6 is a different animal all-together ? I think yes.
Is tuning in gt6 a finer process with its effects not that critical to achieving top times? It could be so, more people would have a chance to compete for top spots, without being tuning Gurus.
Are standard cars more able to do good times with only slight changes to them? Scirocco and KTM TT's point to that.
Are standard settings more accurately tweaked in the first place? Are the cars more competitive out of the box? we will see that.
Is the new physics model accurate? This I cant tell, lots of different settings, even extreme ones don't seem to have the effect i would expect them to have. Again maybe srf is nulling these effects.

Anyway still much to be learned, and whats more important, still a long way to refine my driving skills and become faster...

Last edited:
Very fun seasonal. Just hate the fact that SRF is an option. Once it would be fun to see a seasonal event WITHOUT SRF, TC or any other nonsence. People just go there where the fence is lowest and use all the ****ing aids.
I wish GT would run it like Forza 5 in that you get more reward credits when aids are off. I think that would be a good first step, and then compare times based on clean laps and which aids are used/not-used so its an apples-to-apples comparison.

I used @Motor City Hami 's tune to card a 1:06.00 with ABS1 only, no other aids. Made a couple of changes for my driving style that worked for me:

Rear Toe -0.02
LSD 15/10/10

Another thing I did was lower the FGR to 4.300 and shifted earlier to keep it in the power band. I made a couple of other changes at the same time but I think that alone made up a few tenths advantage.

I used @Motor City Hami 's tune to card a 1:06.00 with ABS1 only, no other aids. Made a couple of changes for my driving style that worked for me:

Rear Toe -0.02
LSD 15/10/10

Another thing I did was lower the FGR to 4.300 and shifted earlier to keep it in the power band. I made a couple of other changes at the same time but I think that alone made up a few tenths advantage.
1:06.022 all aids off ABS off

I think since the Update it has ruined the KTM, the setup i had was given to me by Samurai who has acheived a great time, i tried it today an it is basically undriveable extremely difficult to be consistant to be able to find the limits on each corner, i know the fastest setup's arent easy because well their designed to be fast, i couldnt understand, i asked Samurai an he also thinks the car handles alot different an is slower :(

I think since the Update it has ruined the KTM, the setup i had was given to me by Samurai who has acheived a great time, i tried it today an it is basically undriveable extremely difficult to be consistant to be able to find the limits on each corner, i know the fastest setup's arent easy because well their designed to be fast, i couldnt understand, i asked Samurai an he also thinks the car handles alot different an is slower :(

so you noticed that the new patch (1.04) changed the effectiveness of your tune? This makes sense because I tried to improve too after the patch,with a tune borrowed from my friend iliasdc, very close to my original best time tune(02.7xx) but potentially faster (he did a 02.4xx with it) and I couldn't get anywhere close my best time.:banghead:
before the patch I could do consistent 02.8xx laps with my tune, now the best I could manage was around 02.9xx, being consistent around 03.2xx. that's almost half a second slower!
Anyway, bravo to everybody sharing their knowledge and trying their best, I really enjoyed this combo!

so you noticed that the new patch (1.04) changed the effectiveness of your tune?
This makes sense because I tried to improve too after the patch,with
a tune borrowed from my friend iliasdc, very close to my original best time tune(02.7xx) but
potentially faster (he did a 02.4xx with it) and I couldn't get anywhere close my best
time.:banghead:
before the patch I could do consistent 02.8xx laps with my
tune, now the best I could manage was around 02.9xx, being consistent around 03.2xx. that's
almost half a second slower!
Anyway, bravo to everybody sharing their knowledge and trying
their best, I really enjoyed this combo!

Yeah i was away at the weekend very busy an i was looking forward to improving an setting 1.01.. With Samurai's setup, when i tried it, it felt like SRF was off, it had that very light rear end feel, on the brake it was producing alot of oversteer an when the car started to slide the rear tyres had no sense of grip like they had peaked their limit of grip. I was a tenth up heading out of the tunnel but that right hand corner is too difficult to maintain good speed because their is too much movement. Maybe the camber setting has changed.

Yeah i was away at the weekend very busy an i was looking forward to improving an setting 1.01.. With Samurai's setup, when i tried it, it felt like SRF was off, it had that very light rear end feel, on the brake it was producing alot of oversteer an when the car started to slide the rear tyres had no sense of grip like they had peaked their limit of grip. I was a tenth up heading out of the tunnel but that right hand corner is too difficult to maintain good speed because their is too much movement. Maybe the camber setting has changed.

Oops I think you nailed it!👍 Maybe they (PD) altered the SRF effectiveness...And that makes sense too after all the whining about SRF... I got exactly the same feeling as you did...
It felt there was less grip overall... like using 1-2 level worse tyres.

Sarkasm is a quite heavy and weird Greek word... There are many "edges" to its complex meaning.
have a look here
I hope Doodle meant "self-sarcasm"...

Edit: A quote from wiki: "RFC 1855 a collection of guidelines for Internet communications, includes a warning to be especially careful with it as it "may not travel well." A professional translator has advised that international business executives "should generally avoid sarcasm in intercultural business conversations and written communications" because of the difficulties in translating sarcasm."

Last edited:
I have a tune It's nothing like any tune already posted and it's reasonably fast I think but I didn't try this before 1.04 so not sure what to make of it. Someone might find it useful or at least interesting to try. I managed 1:03.959

(thanks yannagas, link fixed)

Last edited:
I have a tune. It's nothing like any tune already posted and it's reasonably fast I think but I didn't try this before 1.04 so not sure what to make of it. Someone might find it useful or at least interesting to try. I managed 1:03.959

Thanks but your link isn't working. Is this the one? OP updated!

Back