KTM X-Bow Street Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 135 comments
Oops I think you nailed it!👍 Maybe they (PD) altered the SRF effectiveness...And that makes sense too after all the whining about SRF... I got exactly the same feeling as you did...
It felt there was less grip overall... like using 1-2 level worse tyres.
2 tires levels is many seconds per lap. How much slower are you with the update?

I've only run this Seasonal post 1.04 and without SRF and the car felt fine under those conditions with @Motor City Hami 's tune.

If you lap with just ABS 1, have a laptime on this seasonal around mine (1:07.234), and want a bit of competition to extend the life of the seasonals a little bit while we wait for PD to bless us with more content, then please add me (PSN: icleolion). Sorry, not looking to fill my friends list with the aliens amongst us or those too much slower than my time, just looking for motivation to do more laps! :)

If you lap with just ABS 1, have a laptime on this seasonal around mine (1:07.234), and want a bit of competition to extend the life of the seasonals a little bit while we wait for PD to bless us with more content, then please add me (PSN: icleolion). Sorry, not looking to fill my friends list with the aliens amongst us or those too much slower than my time, just looking for motivation to do more laps! :)
Sounds good!

Oops I think you nailed it!👍 Maybe they (PD) altered the SRF effectiveness...And that makes sense too after all the whining about SRF... I got exactly the same feeling as you did...
It felt there was less grip overall... like using 1-2 level worse tyres.

Using the same borrowed setup (eclipse) that I was using before the patch, I felt no difference at all. As a matter of fact, after only 15 minutes, I improved by .500.

2 tires levels is many seconds per lap. How much slower are you with the update?

I've only run this Seasonal post 1.04 and without SRF and the car felt fine under those conditions with @Motor City Hami 's tune.
I didnt lose time but the car handling was alot harder an more difficult to handle.. i should of been able to go faster, the person who made the setup Samurai, tested it an it wasnt the same as before the update..

@MR GTP CargoRatt would just like to say that Samurai's setup is alot more oversteery than eclipse's setup, this could be a factor, i can honestly say it feel liked SRF wasnt on.. well done on improving 👍 an that goes to all :)

Last edited:
Using the same borrowed setup (eclipse) that I was using before the patch, I felt no difference at all. As a matter of fact, after only 15 minutes, I improved by .500.

Same. (although I improved a bit less)
Still, I have a feeling that something has changed, but can't put my finger on what it is.

(Maybe the "handling" of the Stingray threw me off somehow.)

Still, I have a feeling that something has changed, but can't put my finger on what it is.

Could be, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that there was no change physics wise to the X Bow......at least as far as I'm concerned.

yes ok i was exaggerating about the tire levels, to be precise I'd say something has changed in srf effectiveness.
maybe the setup I was using gave me this feeling, but It certainly gave the car an unbalanced character maybe because that setup actually was like that and the "new reduced power srf " couldn't handle it. Under this situation I was about 4 tenths slower.

Could be, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that there was no change physics wise to the X Bow......at least as far as I'm concerned.

Mich, physics can remain the same,I don't think something has changed in the physics model, but if srf's power changed in a way, it could affect a setup more than another.
guess my setup was closer to GTPMcBride's and Samurai's than Ramon's or Hami's.

you are using the term "handling"... That's what srf's is all about.

yes ok i was exaggerating about the tire levels, to be precise I'd say something has changed in srf effectiveness.
maybe the setup I was using gave me this feeling, but It certainly gave the car an unbalanced character maybe because that setup actually was like that and the "new reduced power srf " couldn't handle it. Under this situation I was about 4 tenths slower.

Mich, physics can remain the same,I don't think something has changed in the physics model, but if srf's power changed in a way, it could affect a setup more than another.
guess my setup was closer to GTPMcBride's and Samurai's than Ramon's or Hami's.

you are using the term "handling"... That's what srf's is all about.

I was using SRF with his tune, before and after the update....no difference. :) Sorry, I should have worded my post differently, my apologies.

I was using SRF with his tune, before and after the update....no difference. :) Sorry, I should have worded my post differently, my apologies.

No need to apologize for anything Mich, we are all doing guesswork here...
I only wished PD would give out detailed release info with their patches to us beta testers...
But for PD there's no such thing as "bug" or "beta" in their program...right?

PD have fixed the brake balance in the last update, quick test, set 10/1 for brake balance and do some curves, later set 1/10 and do some more curves, you'll notice the huge difference on the first curve.

PD have been messing with brakes in two updates AFAIS and the thing is not fixed 100% yet, maybe it's my own paranoia but brakes are not just afecting brake physics but handling physics too, I mean if you set a BB of 2/7 you not only will find oversteer when braking, you'll find that when rolling a curve (no brakes / no gas) you'll induce oversteer as well.

Maybe they have changed more things too, after the update I could see a big gap (like 2 or 3 cars length) comparing to my best ghost at the right hander after the tunnel, lap after lap.

Couldn't agree more, brakes played a weird role and affected the whole setup in an unnatural way, its not your paranoia, I could have thought it affected acceleration too..

No need to apologize for anything Mich, we are all doing guesswork here...
I only wished PD would give out detailed release info with their patches to us beta testers...
But for PD there's no such thing as "bug" or "beta" in their program...right?

So do I. It would make life a lot simpler if they just noted the changes they made to the physics, ect. For some reason, they feel like keeping it all secretive. Its bullcrap that we have to go around and test things or guess as to what they fixed/tweaked.

On the subject of brakes and regarding the racing brakes: On every car I installed the racing brakes on, it always seemed to make the car handle erratically under braking (ABS 1). I have actually always been faster with the regular brakes, once I added the racing brakes, my lap times suffered.

Couldn't agree more, brakes played a weird role and affected the whole setup in an unnatural way, its not your paranoia, I could have thought it affected acceleration too..
I'm glad I'm not the only one paranoiac (jk :D ), now I feel free to say that when using standard brakes the behaviour of the car is more loose / oversteery.

I agree, PD should explain to us beta testers what they have updated instead of trying to guess what they have done.

I'm glad I'm not the only one paranoiac (jk :D ), now I feel free to say that when using standard brakes the behaviour of the car is more loose / oversteery.

I agree, PD should explain to us beta testers what they have updated instead of trying to guess what they have done.
your not alone Ramon, me an Samurai also felt this after update, with the setup he was using it was towards oversteer not alot but just enough to balance during whole lap.. with little brake the rear would step out alot an lifting of nice an easy the rear would stil slide.. the only way i could do the 1st sector was to be perfect i did get a great exit coming out of the last corner before 1st Sector.. the brakes i was using was 10/10 Racing Brake

Agree, standard brakes is like you say, the whole front becomes loose, the force feedback on my g25 lightens allot making steering feel wobbly and super-light, without even touching the brakes. It's like removing weight from the whole car, then removing extra weight from the front , put assisted steering to max (like some cars have for parking or city use), and throwing -20 toe at the front at the same time.

off-course it could be the other way round. racing brakes could have the opposite effect, If i owned a KTM, i could tell which state (standard or racing brakes) felt closer to the real thing, however i feel standard brakes are the ones with an unnatural behavior.

Last edited:
Back