KTM X-Bow Street Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 135 comments
Finally broke into 03's 1:03.906 ds3, own tune. Praianos tune is great for me up to tunnel, but cant control the oversteer on long sweeping left hander leading up to finish. .857.

Last edited:
The KTM X Bow is a pretty fun-to-drive machine. The Eiger Nordwand Short Course has long been a very good track to race on. I usually have used it in GT5 as a test course as well as a drifting course. I usually try to get the car to dig into the corners and power out effectively. Sometimes, though, it can be too easy to get this car into a bit of a tail spin. It's like I try to be fast with it, but the car can quickly slip out in front of you. You got to be ready to gather the car up in key situations. The real problem areas on this track are out of the tunnel and heading into that uphill chicane leading to the Start/Finish line.

I've managed Silver at best. I may try it again to go for Gold. My X-BOW Street is bone stock except for a re-painting job.

A couple of day's ago i set 1:02.996 it wasnt a great lap quite untidy as to what i have done before.
Now i shall return an try improve
:)

I forgot to save my best lap, so now i dont have my ghost :( i dont like chasing anybody else ghost although seeing TRL_SAMURAI Blue Line is quite annoying lol

Finally broke into 03's 1:03.906 ds3, own tune. Praianos tune is great for me up to tunnel, but cant control the oversteer on long sweeping left hander leading up to finish. .857.

Good time there, I can see all the usual Greeks are fast in this one: SokaGT-Racing 2.868 (10th), iliasdc 3.140 (24th), bellitsa 3.857 (71st), maybe its because this track feels familiar to us being similar to the Greek mountain roads!
I'm at .952 ATM, trying to find a setup that will rotate better in the first part, but also provide the stability and carry speed on the rest of the track. It's a great combo: short,fast and technical and praiano's tune is a good fast base.

BTW Why don't you share your setup? Maybe you have found what i'm still looking for!

Gave Praiano's setup a go and it's a good one, fast and very balanced, although IMO the gearbox needs a revisit.

With my own tune (different approach than Praiano's) got a 1:04.0xx without SRF, there's room for half second yet, as soon as I get it I'll switch on SRF to see what gap is there.

Tuning? Why tune when you just witness the epicness of the X-Bow stock! :P (well actually, tuning is to get to the top of the leaderboard. But meh, winning isn't in my intentions personally. So I guess everything I've said until now has been completely pointless.)

This seasonal was fun, mainly because I get to use one of my favourite-to-drive cars in the game. The brakes are really good, and it has a perfect balance between speed and handling.

Got a 1:09:xxx on my first lap, pretty good considering I haven't driven on Eiger since GT5. I punched in a few more laps, managed a 1:08:770 stock with no assists.

Gave Praiano's setup a go and it's a good one, fast and very balanced, although IMO the gearbox needs a revisit.

With my own tune (different approach than Praiano's) got a 1:04.0xx without SRF, there's room for half second yet, as soon as I get it I'll switch on SRF to see what gap is there.

Same/close for me too with Praiano's tune 1:04.2xx. Thinking the gearing is off for 5th and 6th a tad. Need to clean up the last sector and the high speed turns.

If you are using a DS3 and just want to get through:
KTM X-Bow Street '12

If you can, use SRF: OFF, I've noticed SRF likes to pull make this car understeer a little bit too much, and that tunnel exit turn is a key place that SRF will cause unsettling.

I agree, Praianos tune is a good base, but the gearbox and lsd setup here is critical.
Not only will it extremely affect the handling characteristics of the xbow at any given suspension or engine-body setup combo, but can also prove to be a make or break factor for a clean fast lap.
still playing around with different setups, haven't found peace with it yet, now at low 3's

Prianos tune work for me did notice the last two gears did not match for me, not a big deal I made it work, my main issue with this car was the bend out of one tunnel like everyone else and it seems that the added weight play a part on keeping the car planted there and controllable.

Ballast is key here. 30kg @(-)50 1:07.853
EDIT: I also would like to add. I didn't believe I'd be able to manage with absolutely no HUD in cockpit view. Honestly, was much faster(than my previous laps) in this car without all the distractions.

Last edited:
Prianos tune work for me did notice the last two gears did not match for me, not a big deal I made it work, my main issue with this car was the bend out of one tunnel like everyone else and it seems that the added weight play a part on keeping the car planted there and controllable.
also 6th gear setting plays a big role on the stability in that curve, if no torque is left to push while exiting, you're out big time!

hmm i have to say i kinda like this time trial combo
wich is strange because even thos the KTM is from my country i dont really like that car by itself
but it is indeed fun around eiger

I know I am way behind the times on this seasonal have been busy lol
Any who here is my seasonal tune for this one. it's a fast stable drive that will get you gold extreamly easy with only ABS1 enabled.

KTM X-Bow Street '12

This is total BS - I've lost track of the RED invalid laps I've gotten for NO reason at all. No message, car not off track, just a red split time :crazy::irked::ill: That said if you are a drift or rally driver then this is the car / track combo for you. I got silver on my first clean lap then had to completely adjust my setup to find any time. I had to turn the FF of my wheel to 1, set the brakes to massive rear basis, set the LSD to allow max power out turns and drift the first half of the track. The problem with such a setup however is the second half of the track. Also had to drive from roof (helmet?) cam :boggled: I'm normally a bumper cam guy but I couldn't tell how much slip angle I put in without the front of the car as reference. Weird seasonal for sure :rolleyes: Got to find another .5 for gold, might have to mod the car, changing the tranny alone should do it.

Had another go after a couple days off, I have no confidence at the minuit in driving everything seems rushed :(

But anyway... 1.02.331

Their was a lap where i had the best first sector that i could only dream of an was a tenth up on samurai an then i lost it, but anyway that means nothing because am sure many people have this all the time.

Would just like to say that even if you are slower but put in the best lap all sectors to your ability then that is the best feeling, i havent put in my best lap yet an i probably wont :(

Whywhywhywhy....
Restart!!
Whywhywhywhy...
Restart!!
Yes!!! Finally.. :)

I can't drive this thing! Best I've done with many restarts after 45 minutes is a 1:04.9. And SRF is on! :( :lol:

so i can tell my kids that i'm faster than doodle!!!:D
BTW you need to find a good setup here, the beast is difficult to drive as is.

EDIT: oops there's Ramon in pole 01.872, Samurai second 01.942, B4nn4Mi third 02.022
the heat is on up there!!

Last edited:
so i can tell my kids that i'm faster than doodle!!!:D
BTW you need to find a good setup
here, the beast is difficult to drive
as is.

I dont want to say to much :lol: but setup isnt that much different from stock :lol: Well for me anyway 👍

Back