l URS l F1 2010 Championship l Qantas Australian Grand Prix

• Thread starter grafpt
  • 520 comments

Do you guys think we should open a second division?

• Yes

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I had a great time racing w/ DOUQA and hm66 as well as peter until he diapered and akmuq was soon to follow, but Yamahakid showed up and made for a great practice sessions for the Melbourne race.

When I get home I will look at let you know. I will be online around 12am EST. Tomorrow I get off work early and I will be practicing a lot.

P.s. We got a lot of promotion stuff at Best Buy this week for GT5 (and will probably get more) but I'm going to have some awesome prizes for GT5 races ^_^

When I get home I will look at let you know. I will be online around 12am EST. Tomorrow I get off work early and I will be practicing a lot.

I am thinking that your practices should be in a Test n Tune flavor. They should be qualifiers and 10% races so that people could adjust their cars in the qualys and then test their setups in a short race format. After a while maybe run some longer races without qualys like 20 %ers or 30%ers to get used to the drop off on the tires as well as the fuel runs.

I am thinking that your practices should be in a Test n Tune flavor. They should be qualifiers and 10% races so that people could adjust their cars in the qualys and then test their setups in a short race format. After a while maybe run some longer races without qualys like 20 %ers or 30%ers to get used to the drop off on the tires as well as the fuel runs.

Ya that's what myself and p1Timo were doing last night. We put on 10 AIs as well to add to the element :P

Im getting online now

Last edited:
See no one answered my question on what was pole position at Bahrain, or general pace.

Homework time. so much, I may not be available until sunday :lol: But I can already do 1:26's and 1:25's round Melbourne. with some more practice, i'll hit 1:24's and 1:23's.

But are you racing on TTs or online? Those sound like Ferrari with 2010 performance NOT Online lol. p1Timo and I were hitting 1.27-1.28 online.

I will be off work around 5pm ESt tomorrow so I will def be getting some practice in. I will post when Im getting on.

It was online. And yes, they were equal. I surprise myself, I never expected to ever be this fast so soon. Guess i'm just naturally good at F1 games.

I did a 1:51 at Bahrain as well. Bit more pushing and a cleaner lap, I may be able to break the 1:50's someday. Is that good? I never race on 2010 performance, I always make sure everything is on equal.

Unfortunately I am not going to believe you until I see it lol.

top 4 Quali in Bahrain were
1:51.142
1:51.606
1:51.713
1:51.877

OP Updated with Last weeks results

Last edited:
It was online. And yes, they were equal. I surprise myself, I never expected to ever be this fast so soon. Guess i'm just naturally good at F1 games.
Tire simulation off ... I did some online racing with Drumc0de and I pitted 3 laps from the end to get fresh rubber and light fuel... I hit a 1'26.8 ... so turn tire sim on and you can kiss goodbye a 'casual' 1'25.

Tire simulation off ... I did some online racing with Drumc0de and I pitted 3 laps from the end to get fresh rubber and light fuel... I hit a 1'26.8 ... so turn tire sim on and you can kiss goodbye a 'casual' 1'25.

Yeah, that was a bit disappointing. I was well off the pace. Ran 1.27's in TT's and then jumped in and was in the Virgin (?), completely different machine to the Ferrari. Couldn't hit the apex's. Even after switching to the Ferrari i couldn't replicate those times.
Same setup, not sure why it felt so different online?

Sorry it wasn't a bit more competitive for you waynz. You seemed to have things well sorted.

Peter is really good at this game already. I'm going to do some racing practice today. Hopefully some people will join me.

I'd be interesting in a second division, if the start time was later, maybe 8pm. So i make sure the kids are in bed. And during the week, so the mrs can watch the bloomin XFactor

I'd be interesting in a second division, if the start time was later, maybe 8pm. So i make sure the kids are in bed. And during the week, so the mrs can watch the bloomin XFactor

Sorry but I don't think that there is enough people for the 2nd devision. I don't know about your chance of being a reserve. But if you become a reserve. you need to bookmark this website.:sly:
http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/

edit: I'll ask grafpt for you.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was a bit disappointing. I was well off the pace. Ran 1.27's in TT's and then jumped in and was in the Virgin (?), completely different machine to the Ferrari. Couldn't hit the apex's. Even after switching to the Ferrari i couldn't replicate those times.
Same setup, not sure why it felt so different online?

Sorry it wasn't a bit more competitive for you waynz. You seemed to have things well sorted.

Its as Waynz says. Tyre sim affects the grip enormously, even when you are on fresh rubber.Add fuel sim and grip declines further. TTing is running without either.

Try running online with tyres and fuel off, to me that feels just like TTing.

I dont buy into this idea that the cars still have a different feel when set to equal, they all feel like the Red Bull to me.

I had a very good practice today with mhm. The dynamic weather really affected qualifying. I went out and got pole my 2 seconds from professional ai in the rain. Mhm went 3 tenths slower than me. Then the rain started pouring down. We both had only 1 chance to pit. I went for inters hoping it will clear up. He went for wets. I had a pretty poor lap and then he took pole position by a second with the last lap. It was amazing.
On to the race. I jumped him straight at the line and he got swallowed by the ai. I won by about 15 seconds and he finished 3rd. Not as exciting really.

It's OK mate, it's all practice. Hopefully it sets you up better for Monday mornings race...

DOUQA
Its as Waynz says. Tyre sim affects the grip enormously, even when you are on fresh rubber.Add fuel sim and grip declines further. TTing is running without either.

Try running online with tyres and fuel off, to me that feels just like TTing.
Just watch the video of Richard Hammond trying to drive a F1 car.. It's like that.. To get optimum performance you need to work the heat into the tires.

Peter is really good at this game already. I'm going to do some racing practice today. Hopefully some people will join me.

Well, I still do make a lot of mistakes, because driving with no aids and no driving line on some tracks i've never been on before on been on in a while is like driving blind. But i've got Bahrain and Australia locked at the moment.

Ya next week i will def have to practice malaysia.

As I said I will be practicing a lot tonight. Best way to practice is to put on all rules as the OP and have at least one other person in the party and add the empty spots to AI all on legend. Have fun :P

I just wish I can have the Ferrari on Sunday. I don't really like the Toro Roso's handling so much, it feels like the HRT and Virgin, but a bit more responsive. But I hate how it looks from overhead :yuck:

I just wish I can have the Ferrari on Sunday. I don't really like the Toro Roso's handling so much, it feels like the HRT and Virgin, but a bit more responsive. But I hate how it looks from overhead :yuck:

I feel the same way about the Williams. Not to sound rude or anything but if Jerry isn't racing I'm taking the Renault.

The Williams looks good from the overhead view. And it doesn't handle bad either, decent handling there. I've only driven it once, though.

I would think the Reanult is the best liveried car if Codemasters got the colour right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back