La Gallerie De La Vie," Revival : That's A Drift, American Style ".

  • Thread starter Thread starter Div is back
  • 1,095 comments
  • 52,716 views
Whoa those pics look sick dude...What did you exactly mean about the diff. Aperture or shutter speed?
 
The technique is simple, yet rather innovative.

I took a standing shot in phototravel, the usual.

I then photoshoped it to make it look like it was moving, like in photodrive.

The result is a photodrive like image, but with the quality of phototravel's pic.
 
Good idea you come up with... 👍

By the way... nice pictures
 
Heh, I was actually just wondering today if this would be possible. Mostly for the city style Photo Travel locations, but still, I see it works quite well. The psychadelic colours just add to it, imo 👍
 
They look really good Div! Except that little lining around the car is kind of bugging me! What methods are you using to do your motion blurr? Like a marquee around everything but the car, or are you droping in another layer and rubbing out the car, or some other method?

I may try one like this later.
 
440, I tried a layer for the car and a layer for the background, but it seemed like on the 3rd pic that the surroundings of the car would not be blurred if I increased the motion blurr distance.
 
Wow Div, some awesome shots in your gallery.

That viper looks amazing..... and rocket powered. Nice stuff man! 👍
 
loving the pictures.real works of art. I dont like to be big headed, but all my pictures have no photoshop edits, theyre just as they come in GT4 n id like y'all to take a look.It's my first pics.
 
Div I like the lastest update you have pushed Photomode Screens to an all new level. Which means everyone else will have to work even harder now to do much better work aswell.

Keep up the great work. You are in the top 5 of photomode gallerys i like to look at.
 
Div ... since you are in phototravel
there is a better way to do it
you take a shot with the car
then move the car to somewhere invisible on the screen and take a shot again
now in photoshop motion blur the 2nd shot and chop the car out of the first shot onto the blurred 2nd shot

here is my attempt a while ago :D
http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gtr2000gtfishmarket8kb.jpg
 
I can't seem to blur the wheel right when they are not perpendicular to the camera.

Can you help me?
 
Crop the rim out to a new layer
then transform it to a perfect circle
radical blur it and transform it back to original shape
when you crop the rim, only select the center piece
you don't need the lip blur for most case

I can try to help if you need the rim done
as far as I know, EVO Lancer is very good at this
 
Hey Div, I just stumbled across a good way to eliminate the silohette around the car when you try to do a motion blur with a stationary shot. And it looks pretty good! Here is my attempt:



Original:



It's farily simple too, although I think what franz suggested with moving the car and stuff would be better, but it works either way. Create 2 layers for the background, and cut the car out of both of them. Paste the car on it's own layer, and have an untouched layer. Put the untouched one on bottom. Then leave a layer with the car cut out on top of that one and gaussian blurr it to around 5-10. Than do your motion blur on the other layer with the car cut out of it and put 3rd from bottom. Than leave your car cut-out layer on top of that one, and viola!
 
I did something like that to get clean Subaru ads in one of my Impreza shots. Two pictures, one with blurred car and clear backdround and vice versa. ;)
 
440> that's very very sleek and clean
 
440, I don't seem to apply your technique too well, it did not come out as I expected so I tried something new. If you can, I'd really like you to explain me more about it, but your pic is stunningly clean! Something I'm not so good at...



Tunnel Vision

​
 
440, I just tried your technique with the same pic as you took, the 350Z, I got the exact same thing, your technique works,👍
 
That's freaking awesome 👍
love the colour tone so much
 
Great pics, div. How did you come up with the idea to do that kind of stuff.
 
I've been pretty much in Clubs for the last 48 hours, I went to a rave so I'm kind of Psychedelic. I have tons of new ideas.
 






Which one in these 2 sets should I enter in the comp? and why?​
 
I like the 4th version of the vertical pic better. Why? I don´t really know...
 
WOW!!! Great ideas. I'm going to have to give them a try. Amazing work, thanks for sharing.
 
One of the natural color ones. The car looks more realistic in those shots. I think I like the rear end shot better.
 
Back