La Sarthe circuit experience

Stay off curbs and do smooth clean lap. Smooth good lines are way faster than pushing 110% and doing small mistakes everywhere.

Take it easy and brake earlier to hit apex and you find yourself being faster in the end as you carry more speed through the corners. Gold times dont require pushing beyond limit:cheers:

Thanks for the tips and encouragement. :) The big issue for me here is how it causes me to hesitate where normally, I would have confidence that my line is clean by game standards. I mean GT taught us this through the 1st 4 installments. I never had 5 or 6 so I don't know what went on there. In 1-4, even the demonstration videos used the rumble strips liberally to get faster times. Now I'm supposed to stay off of them? lol. No argument at all on that very last one. That can kill a good run by looking at it wrong. The ones on the chicanes on the long straight though, those really kill my time having to pause and make sure I don't touch.

How did it go, Go? I am still about 3 seconds off :(
I got Gold for the lap. You should do the other sections again before you do the lap, so you can get better times for them sections and that may help you.

Edit: you can compare sections times on your friends list as well.

Last edited:
This was definitely one of the hardest ones for me to get gold on when I started playing the game, I think it took me something like an hour of trying, with many laps just a few tenths over before I finally did it. Now I've been playing the game for quite a few months, I gave it another try last night after seeing this thread, to see how much I've improved. My first attempt was 3:38, but I had no idea where to brake for some bits. Laps 2 and 3 were both 3:32.x, and then lap 4 I did a PB, with 3:30.5.

I used TC 5 and auto gears. My braking points were about 150m for the first chicane on the straight and 125m for the second one. They could be refined a bit more with more laps. Even with TC 5 it seems essential to get the car pointing where you want it to go before hitting full throttle, as it will still spin the wheels.

I don't agree with the advice to take it easy, though. Maybe if you're top 0.1% standard you can do that, but at my level of more like top 1%, I feel like it's all about exploring the limits and finding just how hard you can push it through every corner. The answer is you can push it very hard indeed in many places due to the high downforce, quite possibly harder than you're realising. My time of 3:30 is nowhere near top 1% standard, but I didn't do enough laps to get all my actions refined to that standard.

Not tried auto tranny yet. that's an idea. It's normally my last resort because forever in GT games there were some tests that were just more doable (or doable at all) if you went to auto

I got Gold for the lap. You should do the other sections again before you do the lap, so you can get better times for them sections and that may help you.

Edit: you can compare sections times on your friends list as well.

This is good advice.

Focus on nailing the sector you are weakest in. It will be much easier to tie the lap together afterwards. Also consider your corner exits - if you mess these up, it can cost you a lot of time at a track with so many long straights.

The track limits are very confusing at Sarthe, it seems like you are OK with 2 wheels over the white stripe and at other places you need to keep all 4 between the stripes. I gained the most time in the last sector, it seems like you get a better time not trying 100% there and risk beaching the car in the sand, instead be smooth and take good lines thru there

Which car do they have you use there again??

Which car do they have you use there again??

The Porsche 919

With the new physics bringing more understeer the key is just to manage the understeer that will inevitably come when you put the power down, just make sure the car is fully straightened up before you hit full throttle

Got it with the auto tranny and tcs on 5. TY breeminator! And ty everyone for the help. Got a normal Supra in black for the effort. My 3rd one, but that's cool. One of my fave normal cars. It'll look spiffy with a silver La Sarthe map decal on the roof. It'll be #99 since that's about how many tries that took me. :lol:

This is a bit off topic, but I see people talking about having problems with La Sarthe and Nurburgring, but while I agree those two are challenging, personally the track that gave me the hardest time on circuit experience was St. Croix.

Still want to know what PD staff were smoking when they came up with that abomination of a circuit.

This is a bit off topic, but I see people talking about having problems with La Sarthe and Nurburgring, but while I agree those two are challenging, personally the track that gave me the hardest time on circuit experience was St. Croix.

Still want to know what PD staff were smoking when they came up with that abomination of a circuit.

St Croix took me a while too. That last section and the full lap were tough. The one I am still stuck on is the full lap on Brand's Hatch. It will very likely be the last one I gold.

It's an abomination only because it is so new to all of us and we are not yet sure of the lines, but once you find it and you work on your muscle memories, you will like it and go fast...

I hated that course ...it also took me forever to get gold.

I have been stuck on this since like January , and I forgot about it for a while. Came back and after a while I hit a 2:32:600. To all those that are still stuck , keep going and keep pushing the limits of the corners and straights.

I just ran the Lago Maggiore Mission Challenge, again. I did it just to see what my time would be after getting gold on it with a 1:49.498. On that gold lap, I used TCS at my (then) normal setting of 3 and BB at probably something like -5. Well, I ran it again with TCS at 1 and BB at 0. I managed to better my time by almost a second.....1:48.597.

Back