La sarthe event B- Spec Solved (to all who can´t win this race)

• Thread starter GONPRIN
  • 475 comments
Thanks OP for the tips. I used the sucker car SS tires - a lvl 33 hot head 1st... got into 1st place, hit for the pit on lap 6 because he started sliding around & being unruly. Got fresh tires and a cool-headed driver... but unfortunately he came out of the pit & wound up right behind another guy through the 1st section on cold tires & got all hot under the collar and slid off the track a bit. Then he actually spun right out... I think it may have been somewhere at or around Indianapolis but it could have been the Ford chicane, I really can't remember - I think because it was still dark and the 2j doesn't have any headlights & I don't remember where it was on the map at the time. I just did my best to pace him down & whatnot until he got through the Dunlop on the next lap. Then I just kept him hot enough to keep with the #3 car for the mulsanne draft gravy train. He stayed in 4th until lap 9, all the guys in front had pit lamps on. I made sure my guy's never went on, pressed him as hard as I dared. Got into 1st when passing the pits. Passed the pit exit on the start of lap 10 with the #2 guy right on his tail. Managed to stay in 1st place to the end by keeping him steady at about 45-50% hot.

This was a tough one... I usually don't have to micro manage my guys at all. Especially if I give them a "ringer" car I find recommended here!
But the 2 guys I used for this race, I did choose the guys who I've used a lot for more than remote racing, and know that in remote races and bspec races, they are both quite aggressive passers. The hotheaded one is downright aggressive & bullying and will push other cars right off the track, dive bomb the inside of corners, and punt the leading cars in front of him. The cool headed one doesn't usually do any of that, but does seem to be a much less reluctant to take passing opportunities than the average bspec Bob, and he does have a tendency to pass on Laguna Seca by cutting over the sand on the corkscrew.

OOHH I would love to win using one of my favorite cars. Special set-up/strategy? Hate racing AGAINST that bastard, he is a blocker!

I'm going to have to check, but I'm pretty sure I ran aero at about 10 under max (so 40f/70r, I think), top speed on trans set @ 249mph (400kph), 50Kg of ballast positioned so that the car was 49/51, and High-RPM turbo (less max torque so less spinning of the rear tires, but still plenty of oomph left for high-speed passing), then turned down to 825hp or so.

That's assuming I remembered everything correctly, but that's pretty close to it. Also, ride height set at -15/-15, other suspension settings left at default (didn't want TOO many variables all at once!)

Pitted at end of L2 and again at end of L8. Start on Race Hards, replace with Inters at both pits. I took first place - FINALLY - on Lap 9 end/Lap 10 start when I passed everyone else in the pits - the Audi R8 came out 11 seconds behind me, but I took it pretty easy for the last lap as my tires were starting to go, and still won it by just over 8 seconds.

ETA: This was my first win with that car, but not my first try with it! :)

I have yet to pull it off with the R92 or the BMW V12 LMP - they just fall all over themselves in the hands of my best Bobs!

Oh, and Bob got into a stupid drag race down the Mulsanne straight after the last chicane, trying desperately to get past the Bentley Speed 8. He did, finally, but they both spun into the kitty litter.That was on Lap 8. He wouldn't cool down no matter how many times I told him to; the red mist had settled in over him... ;)

The cool headed one doesn't usually do any of that, but does seem to be a much less reluctant to take passing opportunities than the average bspec Bob, and he does have a tendency to pass on Laguna Seca by cutting over the sand on the corkscrew.

Is his name A. Zanardi by any chance? :D

I'm going to have to check, but I'm pretty sure I ran aero at about 10 under max (so 40f/70r, I think), top speed on trans set @ 249mph (400kph), 50Kg of ballast positioned so that the car was 49/51, and High-RPM turbo (less max torque so less spinning of the rear tires, but still plenty of oomph left for high-speed passing), then turned down to 825hp or so.

That's assuming I remembered everything correctly, but that's pretty close to it. Also, ride height set at -15/-15, other suspension settings left at default (didn't want TOO many variables all at once!)

Pitted at end of L2 and again at end of L8. Start on Race Hards, replace with Inters at both pits. I took first place - FINALLY - on Lap 9 end/Lap 10 start when I passed everyone else in the pits - the Audi R8 came out 11 seconds behind me, but I took it pretty easy for the last lap as my tires were starting to go, and still won it by just over 8 seconds.

ETA: This was my first win with that car, but not my first try with it! :)

I have yet to pull it off with the R92 or the BMW V12 LMP - they just fall all over themselves in the hands of my best Bobs!

Oh, and Bob got into a stupid drag race down the Mulsanne straight after the last chicane, trying desperately to get past the Bentley Speed 8. He did, finally, but they both spun into the kitty litter.That was on Lap 8. He wouldn't cool down no matter how many times I told him to; the red mist had settled in over him... ;)

Great! I will give it a go today. I've tried many times with the R92. It seems like a race it should win but is dreadful. Too bad b/c such a fun car to drive. Thanks!

Car: Toyota GT-ONE

Bobs: level 34 & 35

Setting: Downforce 50/70 Gears 147mph Turbo Stage 3

Starting Tyres: Racing Hard

pitstop 1 - Lap 2 - Intermediates

Pitstop 2 - Lap 7 - Intermediates

Result: WIN

Today I used this set up and it worked for me too! I started out with my hot-head Bob (lvl 28), because he's good at overtaking and the cool-almost balanced Bob(lvl 26) is better at driving in the rain. Had 6+ sec gap between my Bob and the driver at 2nd place at the finish. After 4 attempts I finally win the damn thing, and wich car do I get? Mazda Furai:grumpy:

Sidenote: Both Bobs had the blue up arrow

I remain a bit astonished at how much fun I'm having with this event. I'll even run it when I've already got 19,000,000 credits or so, just because it's fun and challenging to try out different cars. I'm really going to miss this one when it's gone. :(

Got a win in the Audi Oreca '05. With a time of 40:19, I was only 2 seconds ahead of 1st, because my opponent miraculously didn't spin on any of the corners of the last lap. I actually find this car easier to win with, than the 2J. Maybe it's due to the "changes" to the 2J after the last update?

My goal is still to try and win with Ford GT Test Car, though.

Great! I will give it a go today. I've tried many times with the R92. It seems like a race it should win but is dreadful. Too bad b/c such a fun car to drive. Thanks!

Y'know, that's what I kept thinking, too. The R92 is usually my go-to car when there's a no-holds barred event that I want to crush, so I figured it would be a shoe-in for my Bobs to do the same. They just can't do it, though. Maybe I'm choosing the wrong Bobs or giving the wrong instructions, but I cannot get them to win in this car. I've gotten fourth and even third, but no wins with it.

Ditto the BMW V12 - others have won with it, but my guys car still languishing BADLY back in dead last place well into Lap 2, and if they can't take a single place in that much time, there's just no way they're going to eke out a win. Heck, I got a fifth place with the Peugeot 905, and it's supposed to be one of the SLOW cars for this run!

:) 👍 IDK who I gotta thank here but I know I saw the set up here for a GT-ONE
But I finally won this event on the third try just in time too Bcus it's about to end 👍

:) 👍 IDK who I gotta thank here but I know I saw the set up here for a GT-ONE
But I finally won this event on the third try just in time too Bcus it's about to end 👍

Still got another week to go! I have to try that GT-ONE setup, though, because I just cannot horse that car to a win.

Kwicko
Still got another week to go! I have to try that GT-ONE setup, though, because I just cannot horse that car to a win.

The first try with it that car I got 5th then of course the second I got it.(can't remember the first car I try with)
did pits at the end of lap 2 and the end of lap 8 almost didn't make it but since first place had fresh tires he was everywhere add me if you want I will put the car on share this way you can see the actual set up or just borrow

I remain a bit astonished at how much fun I'm having with this event. I'll even run it when I've already got 19,000,000 credits or so, just because it's fun and challenging to try out different cars. I'm really going to miss this one when it's gone. :(

I agree, I love this event! It is quite addicting. I didn't have any luck with the 88c, 89c or 92R but did win with the Mazda last night. Used a set-up similar to the 88c you gave. Kept my Bob's cool throughout. Pitted with everyone on 3rd and then pitted on 7th. Pasarolo just edged me when he exited the pits on the 10th, in fact I gave him a little bumper kiss. Then I sat back and watched him self-destruct with a lethal combination of nerves and cold rubber. He must have spun 3 times before he reached the top of Mulsane Straight. Set my Bob at 50% and won by 12 secs.

Though I didn't win $6mil this time. Anyone know why I didn't get the 200%? Not that it matters much.

I'm sorry but this strategy is completely useless, i done exactly what was required to do and still only finished 35 seconds behind the leader in 3rd, could someone else please give me some suggestions............thanks :)

I'm sorry but this strategy is completely useless, i done exactly what was required to do and still only finished 35 seconds behind the leader in 3rd, could someone else please give me some suggestions............thanks :)

What car did you use? The Chaparral 2J on SS tires?

What level are your Bob's?

Sadly, no strategy is guaranteed to win, but some will give you a better shot than others. The Chappie 2J on Sports Softs, as outlined in this and several other threads, offers one of the easiest ways to win this event, but I've lost with it too. I've won far more than lost with it, though.

Another key to this event is your Bobs, and keeping their heads in the game and together. If you just keep hitting "Pace Up" every 15 seconds, your Bob is going to burn out, get worked up, make rookie mistakes, or run out of steam. This is definitely not a set-and-forget race where you can walk away from the console and let Bob take it from there.

Sadly, no strategy is guaranteed to win, but some will give you a better shot than others. The Chappie 2J on Sports Softs, as outlined in this and several other threads, offers one of the easiest ways to win this event, but I've lost with it too. I've won far more than lost with it, though.

Another key to this event is your Bobs, and keeping their heads in the game and together. If you just keep hitting "Pace Up" every 15 seconds, your Bob is going to burn out, get worked up, make rookie mistakes, or run out of steam. This is definitely not a set-and-forget race where you can walk away from the console and let Bob take it from there.

Yes thank you for the advice but I do realise this is a very precise race and I have payed very close attention to my drivers throttle and brake response! I use two drivers, I do the first 7 laps in my level 34 bob amd the remaining 3 laps with my level 28 bob, I have used the 2J and my best lap was around the 3:49 mark in the dry with the exact strategy proposed at the start of this thread, i also tried my luck with the bentley speed 8 coming close to first but just not quite winning, my best lap is about 2-3 seconds quicker in that car.! I have even tried pushing the whole race without pitting but just couldn't keep pace with the judd hybride and audi r8! I'm just frustrated at this stage and cannot see what the problem is :scared:

Yes thank you for the advice but I do realise this is a very precise race and I have payed very close attention to my drivers throttle and brake response! I use two drivers, I do the first 7 laps in my level 34 bob amd the remaining 3 laps with my level 28 bob, I have used the 2J and my best lap was around the 3:49 mark in the dry with the exact strategy proposed at the start of this thread, i also tried my luck with the bentley speed 8 coming close to first but just not quite winning, my best lap is about 2-3 seconds quicker in that car.! I have even tried pushing the whole race without pitting but just couldn't keep pace with the judd hybride and audi r8! I'm just frustrated at this stage and cannot see what the problem is :scared:

You mentioned 'pushing' and 'keeping pace'. IF you are pushing your Bobs in THIS race it is a sure race killer. My Bob's do better lap times when they are at 55-65%, depending on the Bob. Also there is more chance your Bob will make a mistake if you have him hot in the Porsche curves and Mulsane Corner. My strategy almost always involves pounding the 'pace-down'. There is no reason why you shouldn't win with the 2J.

As for your 1 stop strategy, I am not sure which car that will work. Most cars you need 2 stops. With the 2J you do not need to pit. If you do you will probably lose. Take the 2J around in a nice leisurely race with the SS and don't pit.

Your level 34 Bob should be strong enough, but your level 28 Bob may need some more training at SPA to gain some additional experience.

Are you pitting for the first time on lap # 7 or have I mis-understood your post?

You mentioned 'pushing' and 'keeping pace'. IF you are pushing your Bobs in THIS race it is a sure race killer. My Bob's do better lap times when they are at 55-65%, depending on the Bob. Also there is more chance your Bob will make a mistake if you have him hot in the Porsche curves and Mulsane Corner. My strategy almost always involves pounding the 'pace-down'. There is no reason why you shouldn't win with the 2J.

As for your 1 stop strategy, I am not sure which car that will work. Most cars you need 2 stops. With the 2J you do not need to pit. If you do you will probably lose. Take the 2J around in a nice leisurely race with the SS and don't pit.

Okay thank you for this advice, I will try and keep my bob at a steady pace! At the beginning of the race I followed the strategy stated at the beginnig of this thread and pushed my bob into the red for the first 3 laps then slowing down gradually to 55-65% once the water levels on the track reached 30%. I would then keep this pace consistant until the 7th lap where I would pit (for the first time), change to a fresh set of SS and continue the rest of the race at 70-80% on bob's bar! I feel like I'm missing out with maybe the setup of my 2J, accelaration out of corners destroys any other car on the track and so does straight line speed but the braking upon entering corners is extremely early and let's other cars gain a good 20 feet on me, am I the only one experiencing this with the 2J????? Also I will take your advice and level up my second driver before hand, thanks :)

Okay thank you for this advice, I will try and keep my bob at a steady pace! At the beginning of the race I followed the strategy stated at the beginnig of this thread and pushed my bob into the red for the first 3 laps then slowing down gradually to 55-65% once the water levels on the track reached 30%. I would then keep this pace consistant until the 7th lap where I would pit (for the first time), change to a fresh set of SS and continue the rest of the race at 70-80% on bob's bar! I feel like I'm missing out with maybe the setup of my 2J, accelaration out of corners destroys any other car on the track and so does straight line speed but the braking upon entering corners is extremely early and let's other cars gain a good 20 feet on me, am I the only one experiencing this with the 2J????? Also I will take your advice and level up my second driver before hand, thanks :)
If you are using the 2J then use one Bob and don't pit. If you are braking too early then change the brake sensitivity.

My best driver is a complete and utter moron who hates overtaking and goes out of his way to go anywhere near cars infront of him. And my other drivers are too low a level to win the race. That's why I'm having trouble.

My SO had some problems with it, but wouldn't listen to me, even though I got it 1st try... despite a full spin-out at one point.
It was close, my guy came in 1st with the 2nd place car right on his tail.

My bobs were lvl 33 & 32. I put the hot-head in 1st, and the cooler than average guy in 2nd.
My SO had better results when putting the hotter guy in 1st, & cooler 2nd.

What is really important is that you don't have them too hot during the dunlop section ever, that you don't let them be too hot on cold tires, and that you really push at the beginning of the race to get up into the front pack so you can take 1st when they all pit, and then your guy needs to come out of the pit on lap 6/7 at the least in 5th place, and never lose the car directly in front.

HTH

Otherwise... I think it's best to use drivers that you've done other bspec events with... Not bobs who have only ever done remote racing. Just my opinion based on my suspicions because my bobs who I've used a lot for bspec races are definitely more aggressive passers (in remote races & bspec races) than my bobs who have mainly just been in remote races.

I was soooo close. I used the GT-R1 with my hot head driver level 33 and gambled on my level 8 cool head(I know) to do the mid section.

Now I used my high BOB to hammer the opening laps on RH then pitted at the end of lap 2. Stuck 11 litres of fuel in then RI on the car. Just before he pitted he was up to an impressive 5th(surprised me how well he handled that brute). He was back in 11th but made huge gains at the CPU pit. I then broke the trend and pitted at the end of lap 6 as he had been hammering it and was exhausted and now the surprise. I never loaded fuel but changed tyres and now to my level 8 BOB. He suddenly startes doing really well. No slides under pressure and was calm when needed to be. Stayed on track when others were flying off but his stamina was dropping a helluva quick. Come lap 9 he took over a bunch of cars in the pits but the Audi R8 had just hot out ahead. I swear if it was one more lap or 4 more corners the lvl 8 would have passed him he just reeled him in but the tyres were getting spent and he had no mental strength or stamina left so a second place with a 3sec diff.

The lvl 8 BOB jumped to 23 :D and I got 3m for a second. I'll try the same strategy and with BOB number 2 now higher I might just do it. :)

Fingers crossed but its a very exciting seasonal.

Back