La sarthe event B- Spec Solved (to all who can´t win this race)

• Thread starter GONPRIN
  • 475 comments
Won this on my first try with an R8. I pitted once on lap 4. My highest bob was lvl 29. Had to keep canceling the pit stops. Didn't let him get too hot at all.

Hi again

Did the race in R8 '01 just to test (and get full 20mill cr). Used the same 2 bob strategy as with the 908hdi on page 20 (currently LVL37 and 35 i guess) - just pitted this time at the end of lap2 as my hot bob was getting careless and tail happy for some reason. (Might be a good change though as my bob was blazing past competition on lap3 due to rain and AIs RH tires I guess) Used RH/RH tires the first 2 laps and again RI/SS tires the last 8 to have the wet condition grip of RI in the front without the tyrewear of RIs in the back. Oh and tried the xtra 8litres (some take 10) on the pit stop to keep the balance:tup:. Oilchange - ballast to drop to 700pp - DF 55/75 - trans 408kmh - brakes 5/4 (to keep bobs breaking steady).

Was smooth sailing - was 7th pitting lap 2 and 5th before AI pits on lap8/9. took the lead on ai pits early lap10. Won by shy 10sec in time 10.22 and suprisingly the AI R8´01 wasnt able to gain any time on me on lap10. Keeping the bobs in 60-80% region. (hotter bob cant take 80% but cool one start making mistakes at around 75%) Only thing was that the GT-ONE was pain in da butt on Laps 2-3. Drafted past my R8 FOUR TIMES!!:grumpy: Just couldnt shake it right away. Same with the PESCAROLO C60 later - didnt pass back but stayed right on tail for more than a lap. Didnt have any problem with the notorious BMW though as it was also on the grid.

Amasingly balanced and fast this R8 '01 (and I got the RED #1 one.. jeyyy!:dopey:)

I think the key in this even IS the CONSTANT pacing of the bobs - you leave even the experienced level 38 BOB with 177 races unpaced in the traffic for 15 seconds and he WILL heat up and make some costly slides (that is if your lucky to avoid the EXTREMELY COSTLY sand).

Last edited:
Is there a way to post 30 seconds of video of a race? Had another win with the Mazda last night and same scenario starting the 10th lap right behind leaders-2 of them now just had pulled out of the pits while I was coming around. Again, these two idiots couldn't handle the pressure and they were both spinning out and crashing into each other. It has to be they are just sweating me with warm tires because normally these leaders don't crash and burn like this. Part of the fun of this special race.

Is there a way to win this race afk?

I'm going to add to the voices saying "no". It's set up pretty cleverly that you really have to use a pit strategy & micromanage your drivers. It's possibly the most exciting bspec race I've ever done (and I do most as I'm a big bspec fan - love to watch my bspecs!).

i got level 40, and that idiot still cant win with 2j, gt one, audi, he drives off the road in every lap... anoying...

i got level 40, and that idiot still cant win with 2j, gt one, audi, he drives off the road in every lap... anoying...

Sounds like you're letting him be too hot maybe?
Or have you mucked with the tuning of the car? Sometimes bspecs don't like custom set-ups for real people. ;)
My bobs tend to like my custom suspension set-ups. But my SO's bobs really hate custom LSD settings.
I only bought the 2j the day before I used it in this event, so I have done nothing to mine, and don't know what can be done... but it's something to consider.

Yup, agree with the others, you are letting your Bob loose. You need to manage him. Mulsane corner and Porsche curves, cool, cool, cool.

lagunacat
Yup, agree with the others, you are letting your Bob loose. You need to manage him. Mulsane corner and Porsche curves, cool, cool, cool.

He's right, big difference in you bobs when you don't tell them what to do.

As said, put on sports soft, you don't need to pit at all then. I pushed it for first 5 or 6 laps for like 90%, then as my Bob was getting tired, i eased to 50%. Always got overtaken in 9th lap, but from start of the 9th lap you don't need to push anymore, perhaps even earlier. Let your Bob relax and he will safely bring it home. I did it with lvl 35.

Finally did this with the playstation audi r8. :)
lowering aero values to 45f, 55r allowed the car to be faster on the long straights, and raising
the transmission to 249mph was key too.
Pitted laps 2 & 7 for RI tyres.

Thanks for the tip. won the event with +40 seconds after multiple attempts with other cars, bobs, settings etc.

I think there are a few things that DO MATTER here.
It's not just the car and the setup but it's mostly the BOB. Make sure you are using 2 bobs with medium skills. A driver which is too hot will always crash after the straight while taking over others. A driver which is too cold will increase the chance of spinning in the rain.

Also my Bob did automatically pit on lap 10/10!!! Make sure to cancel that call!

I won the race with 2 bobs below level 30 and the Pescarolo C60. The faster one (level ~25) started the race and pushed hard (about 80%) for 3 laps before the first pit stop. Changed tyres to intermediate, no refueling and slower driver (level ~20) drove for the following 4 laps at full throttle. Pitted again to change only the driver (energy returned to 75%). At the beginning of last lap, when opponents enter the pit lane, I took the first place until the end (second place bob on a Oreca R8 took me at the end of Hunaudieres straight but went out at Mulsanne, where my bob made no mistakes).

Barely won this race on my 3rd try. Got my 2 bobs one lvl 29 and the other at 26 and used the GT-ONE. First try with the car I tried the SS no pit stop and that failed terribly so I tryed the RH to RI method and started with Hards and on lap 3 I pitted not far at all behind the top 2 and switched to Inter and changed to lvl 26 bob for the rain shift.

Had bob push the whole rain shift just to keep the Bentley and the Audi in sight and then pitted on lap 7 and changed back to 29 bob for the final push. Had bob drive his heart out and finnaly took the lead on the beginning of lap 10 with the R8 right on my tail. Whole lap he was gaining on me and I won by only .925 seconds.

Just completed this race in 1st place with the Bentley. My 2 Bobs were both lvl 31 (both on downers).

I increased the ballast to get down to 700pp, also reducing the springs, dampers and anti-roll bars down to get more traction in the wet.

THIS is the key. Traction. Don't redline your Bobs at any chicaine and certainly not Tetre Rouge - you'll only end up in the barriers/sand. If you keep the bar at 60-80% in corners and 90-100% on straights in the wet you should be fine.

I pitted on L2 and again on L7 for RI's. The final stint is all about keeping the tyres intact - you'll make places by either passing cars who are in the wall or passing them when they pit on L9. Be consistant - a 60-70% lap on L8 and L9 and a 60% L10 and you will make it with minimal tyre life left. ALWAYS decrease the Bob to around 50% for the final chicaine - this is where he burns through the tyres.

Oh, and don't let Bob choose when he pits - he's a dick.

Happy sensible racing!

Theres also one other thing concerning the BOBs - I noticed that my hotter bob was able to stay on track on around 90% while the cooler one started to make mistakes around 75% already. So one should make notice of each bobs "natural" heat level to know how that individual bob performs best and pace them accordingly. The heat bar doesnt indicate the actual speed of the bob as my cooler bob is way faster around 60% than his hotter colleague at 90%. 💡

Arrrgghhh - So close! I dusted off my trusty old Mazda 787B last night and gave it another go, finishing 2nd by just under 10 seconds. I feel confident this car CAN win for me (I was using L37 & L32 Bobs), but I failed to get Bob cooled down enough for the Mulsanne corner TWICE (first lap for each Bob), and they hit the kitty litter both times and bogged down. Still, he was gaining on the leader at the end, and nipped the second-place Pescarolo right at the finish line to grab second place from him.

Just completed this race in 1st place with the Bentley. My 2 Bobs were both lvl 31 (both on downers).

I increased the ballast to get down to 700pp, also reducing the springs, dampers and anti-roll bars down to get more traction in the wet.

THIS is the key. Traction. Don't redline your Bobs at any chicaine and certainly not Tetre Rouge - you'll only end up in the barriers/sand. If you keep the bar at 60-80% in corners and 90-100% on straights in the wet you should be fine.

I pitted on L2 and again on L7 for RI's. The final stint is all about keeping the tyres intact - you'll make places by either passing cars who are in the wall or passing them when they pit on L9. Be consistant - a 60-70% lap on L8 and L9 and a 60% L10 and you will make it with minimal tyre life left. ALWAYS decrease the Bob to around 50% for the final chicaine - this is where he burns through the tyres.

Oh, and don't let Bob choose when he pits - he's a dick.

Happy sensible racing!
Anything more specific on setup? I have tried 10 times with the Bentley (2 lvl 34 Bobs) and best I have shown is 3 2nd place and 3 3rd place). Not having issues with tires or spinouts, just cannot get that extra speed. Tried with and without ballast, mid and high level turbo. Even threw some tacks on pit row my last stop ;). Pitting on 3rd with pack and on 8th. The reason I don't pit on 2nd is lap 3 is always a fast one with much positions picked up. I am usually in 4th, down 11-17 seconds on first pit.

Arrrgghhh - So close! I dusted off my trusty old Mazda 787B last night and gave it another go, finishing 2nd by just under 10 seconds. I feel confident this car CAN win for me (I was using L37 & L32 Bobs), but I failed to get Bob cooled down enough for the Mulsanne corner TWICE (first lap for each Bob), and they hit the kitty litter both times and bogged down. Still, he was gaining on the leader at the end, and nipped the second-place Pescarolo right at the finish line to grab second place from him.

Let me know if you need a set-up for this ride. Of all the cars I have won with this is the most fun as I am always trailing until the pack pits on the 10th and take lead at the beginning of 10th or somewhere on Mulsanne straight. I always pit on the 7th to give me 2 laps to catch up again for the 10th lap showdown. 10th lap is always dramatic.

Let me know if you need a set-up for this ride. Of all the cars I have won with this is the most fun as I am always trailing until the pack pits on the 10th and take lead at the beginning of 10th or somewhere on Mulsanne straight. I always pit on the 7th to give me 2 laps to catch up again for the 10th lap showdown. 10th lap is always dramatic.

I pitted on 2 and 8 to beat the crowd and to make sure I still had some tire left for the final lap. I think the entire problem was the Mulsanne corner - both Bobs went off there, despite my efforts to calm them down. Car ran great - fast as hell and quick in the twisties to boot - but my Bobs both spun on their first lap in the car. I'm going for it again, and cooling them off good.

Last edited:
2J with high rpm turbo and tranny set to 255mph and SS tires did the trick for me. I finished 17 seconds ahead of the leader on my first try with a level 25 bob. I kept spamming pace up until he was in the lead and kept him pretty hot until about the 8 or 9th lap when the leaders caught up and passed me so i kept him at 50% until they pitted on the 9th lap breezed by and maintained pace throughout the last lap to take the win. Thank god the 2J appeared in my UCD today so I had to buy it so i can win my credits back haha.

After all those attempts with the Bentley I made a small strategy change and it made a world of difference. Simply pitting on the 2nd lap.. When the field came out of the pits on the 4th I had 2nd place. But with their cold rubber I quickly had first. One thing I learned about this car is it loves a lead. By the 8th lap when I pitted I had a 32 sec. lead. I actually lost time on the 7th b/c of tires. Easiest win with any car. Oil change, 100% engine, St.3 turbo, 60kg ballast, tune down to 700 with aero. 20-25-16 LSD, 14-12 height.

After all those attempts with the Bentley I made a small strategy change and it made a world of difference. Simply pitting on the 2nd lap.. When the field came out of the pits on the 4th I had 2nd place. But with their cold rubber I quickly had first. One thing I learned about this car is it loves a lead. By the 8th lap when I pitted I had a 32 sec. lead. I actually lost time on the 7th b/c of tires. Easiest win with any car. Oil change, 100% engine, St.3 turbo, 60kg ballast, tune down to 700 with aero. 20-25-16 LSD, 14-12 height.

Awesome - I've gotta give it a try! I tried early on, but it was just miserable for me, which is really aggravating, because when it's running in the event AGAINST you, it's clearly quite a very fast car!

Pitting one lap ahead of the others really seems to help in most cases. If I'm on a two-stopper, I've been doing stops on 2 and 8. It gets you one inters before the others when it's starting to get wet, and still gives you just enough tire at the end of the race to turn some hot laps at the end if you need to.

So what's the best option here without 2J or pescarolos? :C

1) Borrow a 2J - I'm sharing one, and so are several others, and we're glad to help.

2) Either of the Audi R8s (the '01 or the '05 Oreca one) are pretty easy wins with a little coaching. [Note: We're talking about the open-cockpit Audi LMP cars here, not the racing version of the R8 street car!]

3) There are several other cars that people have won with, from the Bentley mentioned just above (complete with setup) to the Minolta-Toyota 88C, to the BMW V12 LMP and others.

You have options, but all of them will require some coaching, including the 2J.

Finally won this with the Audi R8. An oil change took it over the 700PP, but a bit of ballast brought it back under.

The different tactic this time was to stop at the end of lap 2 for inters and then on lap 7 for inters again.

They were getting pretty worn down, but the chasing Audi and Bentley slid off into the gravel on their new slicks and I won by 13 sec in the end.

Shame it was only at 110% bonus!

I skip the PITS in the lap 10 and win , ending with only the 5% or less grip in the rear wheels.

I enter to PITS in the 3rd lap , Racing Intermediate.

Bob level 37.
I use the Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05. (No buy the Wing (200,000) ,this is a bug?)
driving rhythm 70% or 75% , in the last lap without PITS ^^ 50% and 45%.
Time: 40:19:--- minutes.

Rewards
Cr6.000.000
1.000.000xp

Last edited by a moderator:
Back