Lack of muscle cars in GT3

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • 108 comments
Originally posted by NissanLover
Yeah mucle cars are fun but just not comparable to current day cars. Thats why i feel that their presence in GT games is uneeded

Well that's about like saying this:

"Yeah, modern day street cars are fun but just not comparable to current day race cars. That's why I feel their presence in GT games is uneeded"

So what if a stock new car can generally beat a comparable older car. A new race car can generally beat a comparable stock new car very easily. And if that's how the developers thought, GT3 would be nothing but a bunch of repetitive races involving everyone's favorite giant red lawnmower, the Escudo.

IMO, not including cars for the reason that other cars can beat them or that they aren't as easy to drive as some other cars is extremely harmful and limiting to any driving/racing game.

I know the movie was set in San Fran..... but who wouldnt want to watch a Bullitt-esque GT3 replay of a ol green mustang and a black charger goin at it on the Seattle Circuit

hmm first of all the escudo sucks, i mean if u were drag racing itd be great but it turns like a brick and its acceleration is so inconsistent. but gettin rid of the current day road cars would be dumb cause u couldnt afford any race cars to start besides most of those road cars can be tuned to be pretty mean. anyway theres no real point to putting muscle cars in the game cause theyd be no competition to even slightly tuned modern cars.

yeah but lets look a 1971 hemi cuda has a zero to sixty of 6.9, 425HP and it can only make right under 7, only thing i found to keep up with a 350z is maybe a 1972 pontiac firebird trans am. but once you get to a corner the trans am is dust.

yeah but lets look a 1971 hemi cuda has a zero to sixty of 6.9, 425HP and it can only make right under 7, only thing i found to keep up with a 350z is maybe a 1972 pontiac firebird trans am. but once you get to a corner the trans am is dust. not to mention top speed

Theres so many muscle cars that need to be in this game and none of them are even around I hate it I hate it I hate it but maybe they will make a special rod eddition for all the muscle car lovers or something

I found a video that shows a 69 camaro smokeing a supra altought i love both cars i love the supra more so it was sad to see even though supras aren't made for bottom end

100 posts sheesh it took me long enough

Yeah, it's about time. You're starting to get on my nerves spouting out useless opinions about how muscle cars suck and have no chance against modern cars. If you've got the money, you can make something like a '69 Camaro outhandle pretty much any modern car. But then people usually go something like this: "But look how cheaply you could do the same thing to the new car!" to which I reply: "Yeah, but look at all the money you saved in buying the old car, which costs maybe $5000 for one in very good condition, but that new Supra's gonna set you back ~30,000, BEFORE mods. The '69 Camaro ends up cheaper in the long run because even with all the mods, it's still gonna be cheaper than the stock Supra."

Do the math, it's true. If you get the right parts from the right people, you can set up that Camaro to outrun pretty much anything short of a purpose built race car on a track, whether it's a 1/4 mile, an oval, or a road track.

yeah but lets look a 1971 hemi cuda has a zero to sixty of 6.9, 425HP and it can only make right under 7, only thing i found to keep up with a 350z is maybe a 1972 pontiac firebird trans am. but once you get to a corner the trans am is dust. not to mention top speed

You know you could have just edited your first message...
I might have gotten to 100 quicker if I postwhored too.

wait u think an old camero is gonna be cheaper yeah right, lets take into consideration taht to get a old camero to handle and perform anywher near a new supra is gonna take alotta money not to mention that a camero prob gets like 10 to the gallon going down hill with the wind at its back. besides an old 93 twin turb supra wouldnt be 30k

old muscle can't compare to modern muscle but they do look hella cool especialy when they have a blower sticking out of the hood but they cant even compare when it comes to driveability and perty much the only time you see a nice looking old car is in a show and maybe maybe once in a while at the drag strip and thats because they aren't driveable on the road they don't handle worth shiet and they can't no matter what and their mpg makes them too much to afford.

Originally posted by streetracer780
69 Cama ro would have made me happy.

Along with:
Chevelle
Hemi Cuda
Superbird
Trans Am

you have a hard time spelling chevy cars dont you mate :lol:

id like some big blocks with blowers hanging 30 foot outta the bonnet in GT4.

Let me ask you guys who are bashing old cars something:

Have any of you ever actually driven one? Now don't come up with a bunch of stories about how your daddy's second cousin's grandfather drove a "66 Camero" and said it couldn't handle.

I'm telling you, they aren't as bad as you guys seem to think. Maybe if all you drive is a Miata, then yeah, a much bigger, older muscle car will seem like a piece of crap. But if you drive a real car, one that's big enough to have a DECENT trunk and hood, then there shouldn't be any problem. Oh yeah, ever hear of a little thing I like to call CAR MAINTENENCE? Sure, take care of that air conditioner in your car, and I'll guarantee you that 40 or so years down the road that it'll suck too, if your car's even running anymore.

And only an inept person who should only be driving go karts can't drive your average classic car along a highway.

And as for you, Nissanblower, forget that "93 twin turb supra" you played with in GT2, The 90's are dead and gone! :P You said modern. And by modern, most people mean new, not almost a decade old. Do you understand that concept? New, meaning made recently, vs old, meaning made a while back. How old are you anyway? Were you born in the 90s? And just how much money do you think it's gonna take and intelligent person to make that Camaro handle? I want an "ejumucated" answer, not more of that useless crap you've been spouting throughout this thread.

what a ****ing ******** god damn! first of all if ud look at my PROFILE! ud see that my birthday is listed but if the math is too hard ill help ya out im 16 and yes my dad had an old cuda orange. and i was only using a 93 supra as a price comparion. besides stupid modern doesnt mean new. and if u want new you can get a 350z thatll tear the crap outta the camaro and the supra TT. my dads caddie could beat you camaro in speed and handeling and its front wheel drive. idiot

what a ****ing ******** god damn! first of all if ud look at my PROFILE! ud see that my birthday is listed but if the math is too hard ill help ya out im 16 and yes my dad had an old cuda orange. and i was only using a 93 supra as a price comparion. besides stupid modern doesnt mean new. and if u want new you can get a 350z thatll tear the crap outta the camaro and the supra TT. my dads caddie could beat you camaro in speed and handeling and its front wheel drive. idiot

Now that post right there proves my point that you are nothing but a rather childish and ignorant idiot. And yes, modern does mean new, not a decade old.

Lol, and there you go bragging on about how someone you know had a muscle car.

LMAO @ stock caddie beating camaro in speed and handling, unless it's been modified a lot.

And if you want to look intelligent next time, try pulling out a dictionary and learning how to spell, as that would help to heighten other people's impression of you as a person.

And here are the Nissan's specs, straight from the website:

Nissan 350z:
3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6
287 hp @ 6,200 rpm
274 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm
6 speed manual
5 speed automatic
Front engine/rear-wheel drive
3,188 lbs
Weight distribution - 53/47
0-60 = 5.4
couldn't find a 1/4 mile time, but something tells me it'll be about on par with the supra, maybe a 10th or so slower, unless it just doesn't have the power for much beyond 60 mph.

And here are the specs for the other cars, at least what I could find. I used the realistically quickest ones for stock cars that I could find.

The newest Supra TT that the US got:
320 hp
315 ft/lb
0-100kmh = 5.3
400m = 13.3 @ 173 kph
2997cc straight 6 twin turbo
couldn't find the weight for it, but if the GT games are right, then it's not all that much, really.

1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS (L78)
396 c.i. V8
375 hp
0-60 = 6.8 :embarrassed:
1/4 = 13.00 @ 108.6 mph
couldn't find the weight for it, but I know it's not as high as most people tend to think.

Now that I look at all that, it doesn't look like that 350z is all that impressive anymore. Not that it's not a nice car, but it's not as great as some people (YOU) hype it up to be.

Anyway, what's up with this? "what a ****ing ******** god damn!" Can I get a translation there, oh Great And Powerful Master Of Ignorance? (that means you, nissanblower, in case you couldn't tell, which seems likely from the quoted post)

Back