Lack of muscle cars in GT3

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • 108 comments
What happened to your big and fast Camaro :( So you want to say that the supra is a tenth of a second faster, yeah lets go with that. Lets see how much did the supra TT cost new, 40,000+. :eek: Hmm that seems to be quite a bit ,pre than the Nissan eh? oh yeah it says that your a Fu(king Di(khead! :mad: And whats all this well i couldnt find it but, i just know. Also where did you find 13.00 quarter mile, because i found 14.7@98.7

HA! hang on 0-60 in 6.8.....6.8.......you know what, and new nissan car with a 3.5 liter v6 and a manual transmission could beat your old camaro.and whats this about
LMAO @ stock caddie beating camaro in speed and handling, unless it's been modified a lot. stock but modded alot
huh? about being ignorant??? what the fu(k??? maybe your the ignorant one because i dont think you know the meaning of the word! Stupid idiot!

00h w0w, 1'm s0 5c4r3d 0f y0ur 1337 5ki11s!

I think you made a new record for using the most childish insults such as "stupid idiot" in one post. I'm gonna go tell my mommy! :rolleyes:

Well then, blower, I found that 1/4 mile time on one of those websites with one of those "fastest 500 muscle cars of all time". And that 14.7 would be the Z28, I think, at around 300 hp supposedly. On the tires that were available way back then. You know, those sucky old bias-ply tires that were extremely hard to get a really good launch with? Just think a little about what one of those cars could do with the right tires and a good launch.

About that stuff that I couldn't find, I couldn't find exact numbers, but I know about what the numbers are. And I also wasn't going to go around quoting misinformation like you seem to need to do all the time.

Anyway, just go to google.com or askjeeves.com and search around a little, you should be able to find it unless you're completely inept.

Oh yeah, I'd say good for that newer Nissan that accelerates like that. Too bad it's shaped so much like a...jellybean. wtf?

As for the quarter mile stuff, 3 tenths of a second is actually a very large amount of space between cars at 100 mph. Have you ever actually seen a drag race? Apparently not, if you think that that would be very close.

Also, I was saying A STOCK (unmodified) CADDY LIKE YOUR DAD SUPPOSEDLY HAS IS NOT GOING TO OUTRUN ANY GOOD CAMARO. I could see it outrunning V6 Camaros and those from the 70s/80s that have all the smog equipment slowing them down horribly, but if that caddy was modified, things would be different.

About the rest of what you said in those two rather ill informed and ignorant posts, does your mommy know you have such a potty mouth? Maybe I should go and tell her. She does know me very well, after all, since she'll lay down for any guy who comes along and offers the right price. (something tells me you'll come along and say "my mother died!" or some crap like that :rolleyes: )

After all SONNY BOY, apparently you've inherited her complete idiocy and lack of tact.

What happened to the mercury cougar? that was a good car, mabye they took it out because they discontinued the production of them, but still.... good car it was.

Yeah, taking out any car, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, ALWAYS hurts the game. That means one less car with a cult following that could lure in more game buyers. That means less to do for the more hardcore players.

IMO, they could've left out half the Lancers and Miatas and put in some cars that aren't almost exactly alike.

Originally posted by skynyrd

And as for you, Nissanblower, forget that "93 twin turb supra" you played with in GT2, The 90's are dead and gone! :P You said modern. And by modern, most people mean new, not almost a decade old. Do you understand that concept? New, meaning made recently, vs old, meaning made a while back.

:lol:

Originally posted by NissanLover
what a ****ing ******** god damn! first of all if ud look at my PROFILE! ud see that my birthday is listed but if the math is too hard ill help ya out im 16 and yes my dad had an old cuda orange. and i was only using a 93 supra as a price comparion. besides stupid modern doesnt mean new. and if u want new you can get a 350z thatll tear the crap outta the camaro and the supra TT. my dads caddie could beat you camaro in speed and handeling and its front wheel drive. idiot

Hehe, so you never actually DROVE that 'cuda, now did you?

okay then I think you guys have taken this all a little too far and skynard i wanted to correct you on the supra its 128 not 178 the because a stock supra is limited to 155 mph stock because of the ecu. And Nissan lover whats up with dissin on my supra man that **** aint cool. As for the 69 camaro its doesn't run a 13.000 stock and I know because i have a 69 rs camaro it runs like a 14.8 at 97 or 98 mph but that doesn't mean i don't like the car and by all means its a butiful car. And as modern i consider modern to be with in at least a decade old or newwer. I don't bother really knowing what the stock e.t.'s are for these cars but I believe all these cars are great but old cars are not good for economy as where too "modern" cars are more so I have driven many camaros and even a few novas and i do not believe that their high speed cornering is all that great so i am not going off of what anyone has told me it is my own oppinion and im sure that if you do enough tunning and tamppering with any car it will be great. An old caddy could not beat an old camaro because they wheigh like 2 tons and last time i checked they are also rearwheel drive not front wheel drive And if i had to chose between a 350z and a 69 camaro rs/ss/z28/rsss/ssz28 i would choose the camaro any day because the only reason the 350z is somewhat fast is because it runs on vvt where a camaro just has the beefy 350 to give it enough hoarse power to plain spin it up quick almost like haveing a turbo without one

That Camaro had the 396 c.i. 375 hp engine and SS stuff, and had probably been "tweaked" a little by the magazine that tested it, but hey, you know all the magazines used to do that (and I wouldn't be suprised if some still "tweaked" the numbers they get. anyway, they got that time back then, and I could easily see how running one these days would get a much different time, since these cars are over 30 years old now, and parts get weak or damaged over time. You know, I just thought of something. Rebuilding a '69 Camaro body with Corvette Z06 guts, now THAT would be cool!

And good for catching that error on the supra, I got my information from various sites about Supras, so some of it would probably be off a little.

Oh, and Nissanblower, screw you. Screw you and your ignorant mother. While your dad's off screwing the neighbors.

@sshole. Down to feeble insults and not even a hint of anything intelligent to say.

"why would i want to drive a cuda,"

Oh, I dunno, maybe BECAUSE IT'S A PIECE OF FRIGGIN HISTORY?!?!?!?! 'Cudas are rare, in case you never realized. And if you deny yourself the experience of driving one just because it's a 'cuda, you drop below ignorance into stupidity. And with something as rare as a 'Cuda, it's very likely that once you pass up the chance to drive one, you'll never have a chance to do it again.

Remember, ignorance is merely not knowing, stupidity is not wanting to know.

I am not a big fan of the ol' muscle cars but I like the Shelby Mustang 350GT (?). Could be because of "Gone in 60 Seconds" but I can't say for sure. Given a choice between any muscle car and rice burners, I would go with the burners because there are more things to consider than the "muscle" of a car. I think that we can not say whether muscle cars are better or rice burners because they belong to 2 completely different classes. This would be like comparing the Subaru Impreza Rally Car Prototype with the Nissan R390 GT1. Yes, they are both rice burning racers but one was designed for touring while the other for rally.

I would choose the R390, since it looks so much better than the Impreza ;)

At least, as long as I wasn't going to be rally racing with it.

Anyway, in general it's like this:

muscle cars = bought cheap

New cars = expensive

The money you didn't spend on buying the new car can be put into great suspension and engine stuff for the muscle car, putting it way beyond what the new car can do. See, spending 30,000 on a new car and 30,000 on an old car will get you completely different things. 30,000 on a new car and all you'll get is a new car. But 30,000 on an old car, and you'll be able to practically make it a new car, if you do it right and get the right parts.

Anyway, Muscle cars tend to have a presence most other cars (except most Ferraris, some Aston Martins, 3000GTs, Supras, NSXs, and some other more modern cars) just don't have. If I had to choose between a stock '69 Boss 429 Mustang or a riced out Honda Civic with bright purple paint and multiple big rear wings and tacky body kit and stuff, I'd choose the Mustang every time. Even if the Civic was more than just exterior mods. If it was a 9 second 1/4 Civic and a 13 second Mustang, I'd still choose the Mustang. It's just got a presence that that Civic could never have.

i think a civic is a very bad example for that use but okay. the reason i think a civic is a bad example because it is not possibble for a civic to run 9 sec 1/4 mile unless its totaly dragged out because i know the fastest civic only runs like 8.3's and to me i would much rather have something that is street legal and run 9's then something that is tottaly draged out and runs 7-8's every thing said is just oppinion

One last thing I HATE CIVIC's ( cars for people who like to be pulled from the hips). I dislike most front wheel drive cars. there are a few exceptions like the fto though. Thats just oppinion though of course although i think its funny to make fun of people who think that their civic or integra's are bad because they aren't can't and never will be cool.

I'll admit that some of those riced out Japanese cars look kinda cool. And unfortunately I have a Honda myself (not riced out or anything, total waste of money in my opinion) But I'd take an old Mustang or GTO over it any day of the week. Nobody is gonna respect some kid in a rieced out civic, but it's a totally different story if you're cruising around in a 68 'stang. The coolest Japanese car has to be the WRX by the way ;)

Yeah, there's a girl at my college that drives a really nice black Hyundai Tiburon. It's got a great looking body kit and rear wing, which flows into the Tiburon's curvy design perfectly. Plus the dual hoodscoops (ala Firebird) somehow go perfectly with it and make the car look that much meaner. Pretty surprising, really, you'd never think it was a Tiburon unless you looked at the badges, and yet it it's very easy to tell what it is. It just looks so MEAN, like it'll rip your head off, and yet it does it perfectly without ending up with a ricer look. It's got that Viperish flowy meanness that very few cars have. That girl really knew what she was doing when she got all that stuff for that car.

theres a guy at my school who has a 762 chevy pickup and it has a lt1 motor so non of the kids driveing their little hondas think its crap because what they see but then when they race the vette power kicks in and its good by 1.8l v-tech

The only reson some of the little pocket rockets look cool is because they copy designings from already cool looking car ( skyline tailights on a civic for example) So really they don't look kool the piece that they copied looks kool

hey superdude i wunt dissin on you supra, also you said somethin about the 350z being turbo, um well lets see its not. NA 3.5 V6. Also i was talkin about a new Cadillac DTS. Why would he have an old one.

As for you Skynyrd. Ure on here arguin about your stupid camaros, I proved that the new 350Z is in fact faster, about looking like a jelly bean, so what does that make the camaro the box my jellybean came in. Another thing callin me Immature and stupid(yeah thats it) but your the one talking about having sex with 40 year old happily married mothers, you must feel real big for that one. Is that what you do all day in the "deep south" sit on the old 70s lazyboy in your tighy whiteys and your wife beater watchin lame ass nascar and drag races, while you yell at your ol lady to make you a sandwhich. Anyway, I think i figured out why you love those crappy cars, could it be cause you were raised in one. Im done with this, you such a hick. Come back when youve figured out that the 70s are over alright!

I never said anything about the 350z being turbo because i know its not it has a v6 in it and its pointless to turbocharge a v6 or v8 for the matter you'd be better off going with a supercharger

375 HP thats alot for only puttin out numbers like 6.8 and 14.7 and what was that you said you would take a R390, no way thats absurd a new nissan, my god your making steps. The only people who like civics are asians and stupid white poser kids. The tiburon sucks no matter what you put on it.

Yes but when you turbo charge a v6 its going to make the crappy mpg worse and so you mise well get a supercharger at least it will look a lot cooler when you pop the hood to show boat your chrome or plastic as i should say for the 350z

not to include it would be cheaper because since the v6 in the 350z comes non turbo stock you would have to put in high compression pistions probly a diffrent cam gaskets valves you know so just all adds up to being pointles to turbo a v6 that doesn't come stock with turbos

and when the camaro came out 0-60 in 6.9 was fast and im sure in 30 years 5.4 from a stock v6 will be slow too as we will probly be running 3-4's for 0-60 in 30 years

Back