Lacrosse

• Thread starter fermy88
  • 10 comments
I do. I play either mid or defense. I love it. I play it all summer and hockey all winter

If it's what i think it is, it's a game where people on two teams run around flinging a ball (that looks about the size of a baseball, but harder) between players using funny looking raquets. As i understand it it's played here (UK) by public school kids but overseas by complete nutters who consider it fair to aim at an opponent! The ball is supposed to hit some pretty high speeds at times.

I don't know the complexities, but it's basically ice hockey except that the 'puck' is a hard rubber ball (yes, about the size of a baseball), and the sticks aren't grounded, they're always in the air trying to catch and fling the ball.

Both of you are correct. Its a great game and I highly recommend it. I play defense, but Ive also tried Middie and Attack. They are all fun, but I like defense the best cuz all you do is knock the crap out of the attack and the occasional middies.

I love playing it but I alway get hurt. I have more brusies, cuts, and broken bones from doin this.

Originally posted by streetracer780
I love playing it but I alway get hurt. I have more brusies, cuts, and broken bones from doin this.

Really? I play defense and usually get some minor problems with my muscles. Only once and a while do I get hurt badly. Not often at all.

We are pretty physical when we play. Plus getting in front to block the ball hurts.

Back