Lamborghini’s 50th anniversary - Veneno (Lambo's fastest car ever!)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 307 comments
That is the most vulgar looking thing I've seen in quite a while. At least the specs are impressive, but 4,6 million for such a monstrosity? Yeah, I'm not missing anything.

People pay more for 50 year old Ferrari's.

With that said, you said you aren't missing anything. So if it was an attractive design for you, you would be buying it? Just askin'.

As for me, I can't wait to play with this on the digital frontier, since that's the only way my broke ass will be able to touch it.

With that said, you said you aren't missing anything. So if it was an attractive design for you, you would be buying it? Just askin'.

It being a Lamborghini I doubt it'd be a well designed car. I think Lamborghini has 3 or so good looking cars; The Diablo, the Miura and the Countach.

The Murcielago and Aventador are impressive pieces of engineering to behold. Especially their figures and the engine sounds. But nowhere do I think they actually are beautiful cars.

I don't mind all the royals down in the East adding this to their collections but for me personally this car doesn't really mean a lot. For a 50-year anniversary car it really looks like an Aventador on steroids. Seems like they've been playing around with the X2010 from GT5 as well.

I'd be nursing a semi if they'd had created a modern take on a Miura or Countach like was done with the Jaguar E-type and the Jaguar Eagle Speedster. Now that is a car I'd be willing to dish out half a million for if I were ridiculously rich.

It really just comes down to opinions, and preferneces. While I personally didn't like the Murciélago, I love the Aventador, Sesto Elemento, and by extension this new hypercar.

So if I was rich, I'd drop 5 million with little hesitation, for one.

That is the most vulgar looking thing I've seen in quite a while. At least the specs are impressive, but 4,6 million for such a monstrosity? Yeah, I'm not missing anything.

Agreed 👍

It looks like something Mansory would produce.

It being a Lamborghini I doubt it'd be a well designed car. I think Lamborghini has 3 or so good looking cars; The Diablo, the Miura and the Countach.

For me, you can narrow it down even further than that... the Muira and a very early Countach.

The rest of their cars are vulgar monstrosities.

And I fail to see how slapping a different body on an Aventador chassis warrants a >10x price increase... some people have more money than sense :lol:

HD Images are up.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/03/new-hd-photo-gallery-of-lamborghini.html

lamborghiniveneno102.jpg

It still uses the Lamborghini Aventador J engine so its not anything special. Just a extended chasiss with a lot of upgrades. With the 3.4 mil that I wish I had I can buy a ton of supercars and 1 hypercar with that money. But that's just me.

For that money you could buy a McLaren P1, a Ferrari F70 and a Pagani Huayra and still have change to buy a new model FF RR.

Or for $4 mllion, you could buy something trully beautiful and properly collectable, like a 250GT SWB with full Ferrari Classiche status.

It still uses the Lamborghini Aventador J engine so its not anything special. Just a extended chasiss with a lot of upgrades. With the 3.4 mil that I wish I had I can buy a ton of supercars and 1 hypercar with that money. But that's just me.

..Ugh. Very few things that bother me more than seeing "...If I had x amount of money, I'd buy a bunch of y instead of x!".

Someone looking to go buy what will be one of the rarest Lamborghini's in the history of the brand, with 4.6 million just laying around for whatever the hell he wants, isn't bargain shopping, and trying to stretch a dollar. Since I'm more than sure Lamborghini called him, they knew what kind of customer he is anyway.

In the same sense I didn't go "...hmm, I have $40,000. I could get this new BMW Coupe with Nav and crap I like, or like, a bunch of used fox body Mustangs!"

And let's keep it real, if you had $4.6 million of "unclaimed, no bills, I have 3 homes and a yacht" money just laying around, you don't know what kind of mindset you would have. None of us do.

The cars are sold. I'm sure they didn't go "I could get 20 430's with this money!". They said, "...yea, where do I sign?:

I think there's a slight difference between buying 20 430's and 3 of the rarest and likely most effective Hypercars in the World.

It's not like the P1 will be a common sight (only 395 are being built), and I doubt you'll ever see many F70's or Huayra's either... and all 3 are likely to be faster and far better to drive than a rebodied Aventador (EDIT... although I doubt any of the 3 will ever get driven).

A fool and his money are easily parted.

I think there's a slight difference between buying 20 430's and 3 of the rarest and likely most effective Hypercars in the World.

It's not like the P1 will be a common sight (only 395 are being built), and I doubt you'll ever see many F70's or Huayra's either... and all 3 are likely to be faster and far better to drive than a rebodied Aventador.

A fool and his money are easily parted.

But now you are arguing semantics. What you would do with $4.6 million is not what someone else will, and has done. And your choice of spending is in no way the better way to spend it. You are still spending millions on cars. Whether its one, or 3.

As a matter of fact, the way you position it, it's like you can either buy this and miss out on the other 3, or get the other 3. Why wouldn't this incredibly wealthy Veneno buy not be able to get all 4, again?

You assume that rich people have no concept for value for money.

In my experience, most wealthy people are quite aware of what's good VFM, particularly when it's an investment. It's only those with huge amounts of newly acquired wealth that take a less considered approach.

A good example (though on a slightly lesser scale) is Harry Metcalf's recent decision to sell his Zonda and the reasoning behind it - all in this month's EVO Magazine.

DeathSmiles
..Ugh. Very few things that bother me more than seeing "...If I had x amount of money, I'd buy a bunch of y instead of x!".

Someone looking to go buy what will be one of the rarest Lamborghini's in the history of the brand, with 4.6 million just laying around for whatever the hell he wants, isn't bargain shopping, and trying to stretch a dollar. Since I'm more than sure Lamborghini called him, they knew what kind of customer he is anyway.

In the same sense I didn't go "...hmm, I have $40,000. I could get this new BMW Coupe with Nav and crap I like, or like, a bunch of used fox body Mustangs!"

And let's keep it real, if you had $4.6 million of "unclaimed, no bills, I have 3 homes and a yacht" money just laying around, you don't know what kind of mindset you would have. None of us do.

The cars are sold. I'm sure they didn't go "I could get 20 430's with this money!". They said, "...yea, where do I sign?:

I'll find a example of a Miura and buy that. This lamborghini pictured is not the best lambo ever.

I'll find a example of a Miura and buy that. This lamborghini pictured is not the best lambo ever.

Personal preference. Also, no one ITT said this is the best "Lambo ever".

You assume that rich people have no concept for value for money.

Because anyone purchasing, or wanting to purchase the Veneno has no grasp of value. All three are lottery winners with a gambling addiction, who will be broke tomorrow. That's who Lamborghini decided would buy their limited production 50th Anniversary Halo car.

In my experience, most wealthy people are quite aware of what's good VFM, particularly when it's an investment. It's only those with huge amounts of newly acquired wealth that take a less considered approach.

So you regularly hang out with rich people? And people who wouldn't bat an eye at this car?

A good example (though on a slightly lesser scale) is Harry Metcalf's recent decision to sell his Zonda and the reasoning behind it - all in this month's EVO Magazine.

Again, personal preference. He doesn't speak for everyone, not even kind of.

Going back to you first dispute, you don't like it, and if you had the money, it would go towards other vehicles. That's fine. But let's not pretend anyone who wants this, and for that price is some uncouth, uneducated spoiled, rich overnight buyer, who doesn't know better.

But we already have this car Lambo...It's called the Citroen GT by Citroen.

Seriously though, the rear wing and fin combo screams GT by Citroen.

Because anyone purchasing, or wanting to purchase the Veneno has no grasp of value. All three are lottery winners with a gambling addiction, who will be broke tomorrow. That's who Lamborghini decided would buy their limited production 50th Anniversary Halo car.

Stretching what I said a little there :lol:

We’ll never know I guess, but I’d be very surprised if one of these cars hadn’t each gone to China, Russia and the Middle East. I’d be seriously surprised if one had gone to a well known car collector - someone like Ralph Lauren or Jay Leno for example.

So you regularly hang out with rich people? And people who wouldn't bat an eye at this car?

Again :lol:

People with that level of wealth, no, a person with that level of wealth, yes.

Anyone, no matter how wealthy, would bat an eyelid at $5 million for a car with no historical provenance or value. Buying this car is not like spending £5 million on an old Ferrari… the rising value of those sorts of cars can be tracked over time. This car is a risk for anyone, and even the mega rich don’t want to just throw money away.

Going back to you first dispute, you don't like it, and if you had the money, it would go towards other vehicles. That's fine. But let's not pretend anyone who wants this, and for that price is some uncouth, uneducated spoiled, rich overnight buyer, who doesn't know better.

Uncouth? probably not, but likely loud and flashy. Uneducated? I very much doubt it – unusual for someone of immense wealth to be uneducated unless their money comes from organised crime and I doubt Audi want to get involved in money laundering accusations. Nuevo Rich? Most definitely.

Regarding my own tatses, even if I had unlimited money I wouldn’t buy a modern Hypercar of any make – well, maybe a Zonda F or a Porsche Carrera GT in a sensible colour with a discrete interior. But generally Hypercars hold no interest for me.

Modern Hypercars have become so fast and have so much grip they are to all intents and purposes useless as drivers cars. For the most part they end up being owned by collectors and never get driven.

If they do get driven it’s not in anger and nothing to do with how they drive – it’s all about shouting about how wealthy the owner is… Like Donkey in Shrek… ‘LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!’

The rest of the time the only purpose they serve is for young lads to hang as a poster on their bedroom wall and play bed tents.

That's a long line of assumptions, though.

As for the car; I think it's great. I like the nod to the Countach in the rear wheel-wells, I love the far-out ridiculousness of the car. With Porsche, Ferrari, and McLaren all chasing the bleeding-edge of technology and complication, I appreciate that Lambo sticks to what it knows. More power to them.

Anyone, no matter how wealthy, would bat an eyelid at $5 million for a car with no historical provenance or value. Buying this car is not like spending £5 million on an old Ferrari… the rising value of those sorts of cars can be tracked over time. This car is a risk for anyone, and even the mega rich don’t want to just throw money away.
Well thing is, people don't typically just horde money. I'm sure the wealthy have desires as well and may spend the money for the car and not as an investment.

Modern Hypercars have become so fast and have so much grip they are to all intents and purposes useless as drivers cars. For the most part they end up being owned by collectors and never get driven.

Depends on what you want in a driver's car, the thing about collectors shouldn't impact your decision to buy at all.

If they do get driven it’s not in anger and nothing to do with how they drive – it’s all about shouting about how wealthy the owner is… Like Donkey in Shrek… ‘LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!’
You can find them on tracks on Youtube for one, and again this shouldn't matter to a buyer.

That's the point of Lamborghini :lol:

There was a time when this wasn't the point of a Lamborghini when Ferruccio was still the owner. They produced beautiful GTs like the 350GT, 400GT, Islero and Espada. Ferruccio wanted sporty but luxurious cars which you could also use for everyday. Not like the Ferrari's in those days which where pure race cars. Today this almost turned around with for example Ferrari producing the FF and Lamborghini these kind of monsters.

I won't use the word I described it as on twitter. Instead, I'll use another four-letter word: Vile.

I get that Lamborghinis are supposed to be wild, but there's wild and then there's stupid. This is too far towards the latter for me now. It's like Lamborghini is parodying itself, like "we've got this reputation for doing crazy cars, so let's live up to that!" rather than designing something that looks good.

The trouble is, the more bespoke companies like Pagani have taken the wind from Lamborghini's sails over the past decade or so as far as crazy styling goes, so Lambo now seems to be a factory churning out the craziest crap they can get away with. Normally, I'd find that quite cool, but the Veneno is too much like an 8yr old's wet dream vehicle than something I could actually appreciate.

I think what also bothers me is that they seem to have just given up on the roof. Yeah, it's got a funky engine cover, but the windscreen, A-pillars and side windows look like they've been pulled straight from one of Lamborghini's "regular" cars. If they're doing crazy, it seems awfully half-assed to make some of the car so featureless.

I thought there would never be a Lamborghini I'd dislike... but this is the excemption to the rule... I don't like it a bit :nervous:

MoLiEG
I thought there would never be a Lamborghini I'd dislike... but this is the excemption to the rule... I don't like it a bit :nervous:

Sorry to say but I don't like this and the Gallardo. Yuck.

Sorry to say but I don't like this and the Gallardo. Yuck.

I agree... The Gallardo isn't exactly what you would call a "pretty" car... but I still kinda like it from ceratin angles...

This one, on the other hand... well... I can't even describe it...

Back