Lamborghini 550PP Exclusive.

• Thread starter dylpro
  • 1,065 comments
I beat all events except for the Nurburgring. Having a lot if trouble. Seems the Gallardo is best but still 10 seconds off at the end. All other races I won easily. Does anyone have a good tune for the Ring?

My tune. Easy win every time with some practice. Look for it I'm sure you will find it in this thread. There are several others that will also work.

Hey all. Everyone seems to really like Fruity's setting for the Gallarado but I cant make em work so I sent him this message. Any help would be huge so I can start racing and stop tuning!!

I followed your exact directions on setting up the Gallado but came across two problems off the bat.

1) after I bought everything I need up with 558pp and 568hp but when I set my power limiter to 99% it only got me to 557pp so to get to 550pp I have to set to 94.2%

2). I used your final gear of 3.140 and max speed of 124mph none of my gear ranges would fit the settings you gave for 1 through 6.

I'm obviously a bit of a newbie and you are an expert but am dying to have a decent car/setup for the Lamborghini event as I've finished everything else so your help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Chris
Chrisdittmer@hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all. Everyone seems to really like Fruity's setting for the Gallarado but I cant make em work so I sent him this message. Any help would be huge so I can start racing and stop tuning!!

I followed your exact directions on setting up the Gallado but came across two problems off the bat.

1) after I bought everything I need up with 558pp and 568hp but when I set my power limiter to 99% it only got me to 557pp so to get to 550pp I have to set to 94.2%

2). I used your final gear of 3.140 and max speed of 124mph none of my gear ranges would fit the settings you gave for 1 through 6.

I'm obviously a bit of a newbie and you are an expert but am dying to have a decent car/setup for the Lamborghini event as I've finished everything else so your help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Chris
Chrisdittmer@hotmail.com

Welcome to the boards! Please be sure to use proper grammar when posting to the forums. i.e. 'I' and not 'i' and 'message' not 'mssg'. Thanks.

Jerome

Hello, my first message here but long time lurker. GT Planet is the best resource for less serious drivers (like me) to beat the hardest seasonals (like this one).

Finally, finally, I've won the race around Nurburgring! I started with the Shoe67 Gallardo setup but used different tuning parts and some slightly different settings, marked in italics. Might not be a 'correct' approach but it worked for me!

Dual-Shock 3, right stick as brake and throttle, manual gears.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
476bhp 1234kg 550pp km

Driving Options
Gearbox: Manual Gears [Auto should work equally well for this car]
Skid Recovery Force: On as suggested by Oink83]
ABS: 1

Parts
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 3 [I didn't do this]
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Fully Customisable LSD
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit

Tyres (front/rear)
Sports Soft/Sports Soft [required by Entry Restrictions

GT Auto Parts
Rear Wing Type A
[Tried the front parts but they didn't seem to do anything, so I removed them.]

Suspension (front/rear)
Ride Height: -15/-8
Spring Rate: 11.4/12.3
Extension: 8/10
Compression: 6/10
Anti Roll Bar: 2/4
Camber: 0.8/1.0
Toe: -0.10/0.05

LSD
Torque: 8/12
Acceleration: 12/18
Braking: 10/15

Aerodynamics
Front: 0
Rear: 20

Brake Balance
Front: 5
Rear: 6

Ballast
Amount: 50
Position: -250

Power Limiter
79.2% [use to match 550pp, will be different for each person's car]

Torque Split
Front: 30
Rear: 70

Transmission
Set Final Gear: 5.500 (bear with me)
Set Max Speed (bottom right): ~150mph or exactly 250km/h (for ultra close gears set to 200 and use smaller number for Final but 1st might get too tall for powersliding the tightest turns in this car)
1: 2.550
2: 1.8550
3: 1.450
4: 1.225 (optimised 3-to-4 change at expense of 4-to-5; you could use 1.200 here)
5: 0.025
6: 0.875
Final: 3.875
Max Speed displayed top right: 337km/h
Actual top speed: ~315km/h at redline - power drops by half after this!]

I went back this week and tried the Nurburgring with the Lambo Gallardo. Added ballast to maximize HP as someone suggested.

Managed to run a 6:54.382 and beat the lead Miura by nearly 10 seconds.

I did cut a few corners trying to get the best possible time... :dunce:

Update: Best run is now 6:52.713 with the Gallardo.

Last edited:
I tried once more, tweaked my LSD and suspension myself a tiny bit and came in 2nd and a time of 7:10, 5 seconds behind the lead Miura. Keeping the drive tidy and the sports tires on the tarmac is harder than driving fast. Any mistake ruins your run causing a restart. I started the even 22 times and finished twice, once in 3rd and once in 2nd.

This event will likely cost me a DS3 and a plasma TV as they are soon to meet at high velocity.

You've still got a week Synap. 👍 If you're running 7:10s you're getting close to it. It took me about 5 days trying to get a completely clean run and I finally managed a 7:04 and win with a couple minor AI bumps. They're great at being exactly in the way. :indiff: Keep trying and if you get frustrated take a break! :)

Sidebrowns
You've still got a week Synap. 👍 If you're running 7:10s you're getting close to it. It took me about 5 days trying to get a completely clean run and I finally managed a 7:04 and win with a couple minor AI bumps. They're great at being exactly in the way. :indiff: Keep trying and if you get frustrated take a break! :)

What do you mean a week?

Dan76
Most likely when this challenge will end and a new challenge will be up. (They cycle through then are relisted with new courses)

Well correct me if I'm wrong, but aside from the time and drift trials, none of the seasonal events have ever closed. I fully expect this one to irk me until I've moved on to GT6...

Well correct me if I'm wrong, but aside from the time and drift trials, none of the seasonal events have ever closed. I fully expect this one to irk me until I've moved on to GT6...

The Lamborghini 550PP seasonal will still exist. It will just have a new set of tracks on the list to complete. If you look across the board in seasonals you will see the Lambo 550PP is at the end of the list (next to A-Spec #6 which these from 6 on down do not change). 470PP Pickups were the last to cycle through and get a new set. Lambo's are next.

^Yup I expect it to follow the trend they're on of being replaced by a new event with a new set of tracks and possibly a new PP limit. The new one may be completely different sadly or thankfully depending on how you look at it. :lol:

I had not noticed the older events being pushed out and replaced. That means I don't have to worry about the missing gold star soon, heh heh heh. I have had the Diablo for a long time. I'll be glad when this stupid event is gone, it has pained me enough for many reasons.

Wait a minute, is this event still live? I couldn't find it in the seasonals page the last time I looked!
thought i saw the old one still there, i cant tune any lambo to win the new ones though

dont know which car to use or how to tune it

glad to help! :gtpflag:

heres the tune for others

BUY A GALLARDO LP 560-4 '08 AND PUT THIS SET UP ON IT!

BUY:-
all aero parts
sports soft tyres
sports air filter
full trans
twin plate clutch
semi racing flywheel
carbon prop
torque diff
full customised LSD
full customised suspension

SET UP

AERO 15 REAR
ENGINE LIMITER 99%
TRANS RESET DEFAULT
FINAL 3.140
MAX 124
1 3.975
2 2.530
3 1.992
4 1.633
5 1.373
6 1.165

TOP MAX SHOULD BE 190MPH

DRIVETRAIN

LSD FRONT REAR
8 12
12 18
10 15
TORQUE DIFF
30 70

SUSPENSION
-15 RH -10
9.5 SR 9.5
3 DE 2
6 DC 5
3 ARB 3

0.9 CAMB ANG 0.0
+0.05 TOE -0.15

BRAKES
8 7

for nurbs move final gear up

This setup made a good difference for the Toscana race. Was constantly putting 1:07 laps & finished ahead of the lead Muira by 2 & 1/2 seconds.

What's the optimum setting for racing in Tokyo in terms of ballast, gear ratios & suspension ( for any car as long as it can win)?

This is my winning race in this seasonal. Check your lap times and total times against this. Lead pack was two Miuras but I'm not sure it makes a difference. Gallardo with a modified Fruitycakes tune. It's on share if anyone wants to try it. The old Lambo seasonal is now offline, unfortunately. The Nurburgring event in that one matched this one's Tokyo event, more or less. Both were the toughest seasonals ever, in my opinion.

nice, no way I can get those speeds or lap times, i think i gave up

but nice
Not many of us, if any, did this in the first 25 tries. Many of us won a car for doing it so many times. There aren't too many other ways to develop your skills than trying to beat a fast rabbit on a track like this. When I started, I was barely breaking 1:50 on a regular lap, never on the first lap. This video is the result of lots of practice. Don't give up. Part of the reason I put this up is to prove that it can be done. Not to give anything away but I just might be the oldest racer here. If I can do it, you younger guys can too. :gtpflag:

Not many of us, if any, did this in the first 25 tries. Many of us won a car for doing it so many times. There aren't too many other ways to develop your skills than trying to beat a fast rabbit on a track like this. When I started, I was barely breaking 1:50 on a regular lap, never on the first lap. This video is the result of lots of practice. Don't give up. Part of the reason I put this up is to prove that it can be done. Not to give anything away but I just might be the oldest racer here. If I can do it, you younger guys can too. :gtpflag:
younger LOL, 59 yrs old here...i have never figured out how to tune suspension, tranny is simple for me but not suspension or the other stuff...managed to gold every race and every seasonal up till now, but one, the only one i couldnt gold was Nurburgring with the Lambo, never got closer than 2nd and 6 seconds away, tried about 300 times without exaggeration

and now this...cant wait for the new game , is that next month? i think i preordered it

younger LOL, 59 yrs old here...i have never figured out how to tune suspension, tranny is simple for me but not suspension or the other stuff...managed to gold every race and every seasonal up till now, but one, the only one i couldnt gold was Nurburgring with the Lambo, never got closer than 2nd and 6 seconds away, tried about 300 times without exaggeration

and now this...cant wait for the new game , is that next month? i think i preordered it

The Nurburgring was the other tough one, toss up between Tokyo and that one as to which is more difficult. I would say the Ring because it is so much longer overall and had many more places to make mistakes in. I finally got that one with the same car and the same tune, more or less. If you search out this forum, basically get to know it well, you'll find every kind of tune imaginable. Praiano is the tuning king but there are some other good ones too, specially NASCAR. I'm two years older, by the way. :cheers:

I never did win Nurburgring but did finally won Tokyo. Still trying to beat the FGT Seasonal(Suzuka gives me fits) till GT6 comes out. I'll be 57 next month.

I never did win Nurburgring but did finally won Tokyo. Still trying to beat the FGT Seasonal(Suzuka gives me fits) till GT6 comes out. I'll be 57 next month.
I finally beat the Ring with the help of a Youtube video which had the time stamps on it. That guy beat 7 minutes in the video so I knew what times I needed at certain points, more or less, to win.
I had lots of problems with the FGT as well but the A-Spec set of races set me up quite well for the Seasonal. Part of all of this is knowing each track intimately, only practice can do that, and with the FGTs specifically to stay off the grass. Suzuka is all about braking and, your choice of course, ignoring the chicane just before the straight. Good luck!

The Nurburgring was the other tough one, toss up between Tokyo and that one as to which is more difficult. I would say the Ring because it is so much longer overall and had many more places to make mistakes in. I finally got that one with the same car and the same tune, more or less. If you search out this forum, basically get to know it well, you'll find every kind of tune imaginable. Praiano is the tuning king but there are some other good ones too, specially NASCAR. I'm two years older, by the way. :cheers:

I finally beat the Ring with the help of a Youtube video which had the time stamps on it. That guy beat 7 minutes in the video so I knew what times I needed at certain points, more or less, to win.
I had lots of problems with the FGT as well but the A-Spec set of races set me up quite well for the Seasonal. Part of all of this is knowing each track intimately, only practice can do that, and with the FGTs specifically to stay off the grass. Suzuka is all about braking and, your choice of course, ignoring the chicane just before the straight. Good luck!

Brand new to the forum. Not sure how all of this works. Can I ask what car and set up you used to win Tokyo?

Back