Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 (Murci Replacement) More Images Post 30

Woops, forgot these 2 pics:

First one's exposure is too low, sorry about that :( . I was quite excited, I hope you understand.

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

Wasn't too excited at first, but seeing it in motion on Top Gear, it looks much more light footed and alive than the old Bull. A Lambo that actually looks dynamic while going fast, I dig that.

That dash set up looks amazing.

I like how some companies use a digital set up to produce an analogue looking dash.

Same, it means they come up with some neat looking futuristic stuff. But it has a practical application because on new supercars analogue needles cannot respond fast enough to engine rev changes and could break under the constant movement. I think this was the reason Lexus gave with the LFA.

I really would not believe analog gauges won't stand the movement, there's not a lot of mass to move about.......

Robin.
analogue needles cannot respond fast enough to engine rev changes and could break under the constant movement. I think this was the reason Lexus gave with the LFA.

Yeah I don't believe this at all. There are race cars that rev much faster and still use analogue needles. It's just one of those BS marketing trivia bits like the GT-R not having headlights that turn with the wheels because it "corners too quickly".

I was expecting it to get a much lower time in Top Gear, but it beat the Veyron SS! I'm amazed at how much it's improved over it's predecessor.

I genuinely guessed its time correctly to the nearest tenth :P

I love the looks; the Murcielago was gorgeous, but to me the Aventador has a more typical 'crazy Lambo' look about it. The fact that I haven't read (or watched) a single bad review makes me want one even more. And don't even get me started on the sound of the thing...

I earnestly love this car. My old favorite car used to be the Diablo, back when I was young, and that window line calls back to my old favorite. I never really cared about the Murcielago, it looked kind of bland, but the Aventador is phenomenal. It's got the right amount of complexity to keep it fresh, the design itself is simply amazing to me, and the whole thing- 700 HP!- just screams love to me. I care about nothing more than this car now.

Guess what it is?
Originaly posted by www.new-model-cars.com
Spy photographers have captured an image revealing a very strange looking Lamborghini in Sant’Agatha Bolognese. The vehicle happens to be an Aventador, but it’s rocking special Bugatti wheels. That, in and of itself, is reason enough for the rumormill to start churning out the possibility of a more powerful and faster version of the Aventador.

A standard Aventador features 19″ (front) and 20″ (rear) alloy wheels wrapped around 255mm front and 335mm rear tires. The Bugatti’s record speed warrants special tires to handle the tremendous power shooting out of the supercar, so it gets 20″ and 21″ wheels wrapped around 265mm front and 365mm back tires. The only reason we could think of for Lamborghini to bring in the big Bugatti guns is if the Aventador is preparing to get a power increase that needs the extra support. The Aventador spotted even features a modified rear end and a new dual exhaust to drive this theory home.

The Aventador is powered by a new 6.5-liter V12 engine that produces 700 HP and can hit a top speed of 217 mph. The Aventador seen in this spy shot is believed to deliver up to 1000 HP and may be capable of hitting a top speed of 400 km/h or about 248 mph. This will make it faster and more powerful than the SV version that will deliver up to 800 HP.
image_09.jpg

image_08.jpg

image_10.jpg

lamborghiniiaa2011.jpg

Martin the hedgehog
Lamborghini Aventador SV is on the way.
[/thread]

Hmm, looks interesting. VAG won't want it stepping on the Bugatti's toes though. a 250mph version sounds feasible.

The Veyron was a one off exercise in engineering, this will be a variant of an existing model. Stepping on Bugatti's toes? Not this time...

The SV is not on the way. That model more than likely won't be out for another couple years, esp. when the Aventador Roadster still needs to be shown & released.

It's possible Lamborghini may be working on a special model of some sort, but Bugatti is also supposedly basing their next supercar on the Aventador chassis, so there's nothin that rules out this mule possibly belonging to Bugatti.

The SV is not on the way.

FFFUUU--

That model more than likely won't be out for another couple years, esp. when the Aventador Roadster still needs to be shown & released.

Hmmm, it looks like Roadster version (because roof is covered), but why whole back is covered? And why SV can't be shown with Roadster?

It's possible Lamborghini may be working on a special model of some sort, but Bugatti is also supposedly basing their next supercar on the Aventador chassis, so there's nothin that rules out this mule possibly belonging to Bugatti.

Prooflink?

Hmmm, it looks like Roadster version (because roof is covered), but why whole back is covered? And why SV can't be shown with Roadster?
Like Porsche & Ferrari, Lamborghini try to save their fastest, "hardcore" models til' the end of the production run, and that's exactly what the SV is to the company now.

The Aventador is also a brand new car, still. Lamborghini want those orders for the Coupe filled before the inevitable Roadster is built & don't need to introduce an even faster model this early into the production run.

Prooflink?
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/05/lamborghini-working-on-250-mph-aventador/
Well well well, what have we hear? Looks to us like a Lamborghini Aventador prototype wearing the wheels from a Bugatti Veyron. The question is, why would an Aventador need the rolling stock from a Veyron?

Is Lamborghini preparing an Aventador Sang Arancio edition? Maybe, but not likely. More likely is that the Raging Bull gang is working on a high-speed version of the Aventador, and have borrowed the Bugatti's wheels and tires – which were specifically developed for high-speed running – in order to put it through its paces.

Of course there is another possibility we can't discount: namely, that Bugatti is preparing to use the Aventador's platform for a new supercar of its own. But with expectations that the Galibier will be the next to wear the EB letters, we're gonna go with the high-speed Lambo prospect and keep our eyes and ears peeled for more.

I don't think there will be a faster Aventador in the next three or four years, Lamborghini is focused on designing the new Gallardo right now, which will be a baby version of the Aventador ( Many parts will be shared between them ). A faster model would also, totally steal the thunder of a fresh car that has been praised even before it hit real tarmac, it won't happen.

As McLaren said, it's more likely that Bugatti engineers are testing Lambo's monocoque as a base for a next model.

Not even VAG can afford another excessively expensive project as the Veyron was, they're surely trying to capitalize the prestige of the Bugatti brand into a faster, more ostentatious version of the Aventador. I just don't believe that massive W16 would fit into the engine bay so a highly tuned( or even biturbo ) version of that V12 would be the way to go, though. 800hp and 240mph? Seems doable.
[/Speculation]

I thought you guys wanted to see this beautifull black matte avantador:D.

[YOUTUBEHD]j2pL0Gzs9z0#![/YOUTUBEHD]

The funny thing is that this same music is playing in the RouteX vid on the news section.

Rumors will be rumors, but jezus, a 1000hp Aventador from factory would be all sort of mind boggling awesome.

I'll hopefully have some pictures of that in the coming two weeks! It should be appearing at the Geneva Auto Show. Even more hopefully Lamborghini will let me into their stand (I know a few people :P).

I'll hopefully have some pictures of that in the coming two weeks! It should be appearing at the Geneva Auto Show. Even more hopefully Lamborghini will let me into their stand (I know a few people :P).

Please Do this thing looks Insane

Is that the convertible version of the Aventador or just a concept? It looks really narrow for some reason. :odd:

SVX
Is that the convertible version of the Aventador or just a concept? It looks really narrow for some reason. :odd:
It's more of a "Speedster"-esque version, similar to SLR Sterling Moss. It's a concept now, but seeing as Lamborghini have gone as far as to sell the Sesto Elemento, I wouldn't be surprised if they offer this for sale in very low numbers for 7 figures.

1000 hp Aventadors could do only good, but I'd rather have Lamborghini bring back RWD. AWD only Lamborghinis still seem odd to me.

1000 hp Aventadors could do only good, but I'd rather have Lamborghini bring back RWD. AWD only Lamborghinis still seem odd to me.
The big Lamborghinis will remain AWD from this point out as long as the VT system is thoroughly updated through the years. We were lucky enough to see RWD Gallardos become an option outside the Balboni, though they definitely should have come a couple years prior. And we'll be lucky if the Cabrera follows suit.

Back