Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 145 comments

RocZX

Premium
United States
New York
Made to celebrating 100 years since the birth of the company’s founder Ferruccio Elio Arturo Lamborghini.

It will be unveiled at Geneva.

Only 20 coupes and 20 roadsters will be made

Leaked patent images

Lamborghini-Centenario-3.jpg

Lamborghini-Centenario-4.jpg

Lamborghini-Centenario-7.jpg

Lamborghini-Centenario-2.jpg

Lamborghini-Centenario-5.jpg

Lamborghini-Centenario-6.jpg

Last edited:
Other than the fact that it's front looks nearly identical to Ford GT in the first image, not bad.

Will hopefully look a lot nicer in reality.

Checking that rear engine cover and can't help but feel disappointed at the fact that this may be just a re-bodied Aventador. Remember the last time that happened? Utterly hideous. Front end looks like the Aventador was flattened by a steamroller too.

It's clear that cars are no longer designed in elevation (aka) side view to any extent. This thing is just a mess. No sense of proportion nor elegant massing. It's just shapes.

It's also a funny tribute to the man who said this:

Myself, I considered the Miura too extrovert after a while. In turn, the Espada was my Rolls-Royce: still quite fast, but also large and comfortable. The Jarama is the perfect car if you just want to have one car.

I'd love to see Lamborghini to a proper tribute car to the man. A true GT car.

I'd love to see Lamborghini to a proper tribute car to the man. A true GT car.

Wouldn't that have been the Asterion? Or perhaps the Estoque? Lamborghini does a bad job of making cars that real humans would want to buy, in my book. With Porsche, Audi, and Bentley all in the same market space, it is hard for them to do what (as you point out) is the right thing to do. I mean, maybe in a post-Urus world, it could happen. But with all the bluster that they usually have about their bonkers cars you'd have to be insane to choose one over a comparable Ferrari or Porsche...

But even then, well.. There you go. I don't know if there's room for an absolutely bonkers GT car, as it then becomes very much not a GT car. Then again, wouldn't that be the most Lamborghini thing Lamborghini could do? Doing their version of a GT, just to stick it in the face of the F12? Like, that's literally the entire point of Lamborghini existing in the first place.

My head hurts.

Also, I'd probably just buy the damn Conti GT V8, anyway.

[Edits were made to make my words sound good, cuz werdz r hrd, k]
[Also, more thoughts now to follow after ranting about it on Twitter]

Seriously.

I get Lamborghini's point with all of this. They've gotta keep the press turning on their products because in all honesty, there isn't much substance there to begin with. The entire brand today boils down to the perpetuation of some kind of ideology that I simply cannot fathom. The cars are... attractive (if you're into that), but have almost no civility or usefulness beyond being able to carry you from A to B at a rate greater than the movement of your two feet. Unless you're into the whole thing where doing so in flames greatly excites you. Then, by all means, buy yourself one. But all of these one-off special models, dead-end concepts, and insane design exercises just keep showing that VAG has no idea what to do with the brand. Only so many models can get their starts as Audis (well, VWs) and Bentleys before Lamborghini literally becomes the Pontiac of VAG.

[EDIT - WOOOAH I NEED TO SLEEP BUT THIS IDEA WILL KEEP ME AWAKE FOR WEEKS]

If Lamborghini is the Pontiac of VAG, wouldn't that make the Urus the Aztek?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
What's it celebrating? 40 years of generic sci-fi styling? The more I look at it, the worse it gets.

The only thing to redeem this mess would be a Feisar livery, which I'll be inclined to do if it ends up polluting Forza.

The car just looks out of proportion from every angle. I like Lamborghini's and I don't mind their 'extravagant' design language but this is just loathe some.

I'll wait to see the actual car before I decide on whether I like it. Those patent images just look dreadful...

I'm imagining someone deciding to sit down and accidentally parking their ass on a rotavator which, for some reason, has been left on with the blades facing skyward.

This is the supercar equivalent of that guy.

And although much of the styling from the C pillar forward is as acceptable as a modern tarted up LE Lambo can get with a face that's actually preferable to the Huracán looking head-on, having the front wheel so far back and the size of the rear diffuser make the overhangs look ridiculous.

It looks like an Aventador who's front end was crushed by a steamroller, then a Huracan was jammed inside it, and then a Reventon + Aventador cross was shunted in the rear.

Overall...

Erm...

*458.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING*

Really tired of what Lamborghini is becoming. I know those are just renders, but it will (presumably) still look similar.

Lamborghini has just continuously been getting more Sci-Fi like and it is not a good look. Last car I liked from them was the Gallardo... EVERYTHING since has been hideous. Sometimes keeping it simple is the better option

Gosh... these long overhangs make it look hideous. If the front overhang would be about 50% shorter, the roof lower and the diffuser smaller it would look at least halfway okay.

Ech, I don't know. I'll wait until the real thing is revealed.

It's certainly striking.

Lamborghini's aren't supposed to be beautiful, they're supposed to look like things that you'd put rockets/missiles and laser beams on. When was the last time a Lamborghini could be called "beautiful" (barring the Miura)? They're just supposed to be insane. And in all, it's not that horrifying. There have been MUCH WORSE cars in terms of looks (2016 Toyota Prius, Toyota Mirai, that Puma thing, Pontiac Aztec, etc.).

Lamborghini's aren't supposed to be beautiful, they're supposed to look like things that you'd put rockets/missiles and laser beams on. When was the last time a Lamborghini could be called "beautiful"? They're just supposed to be insane. And in all, it's not that horrifying. There have been MUCH WORSE cars in terms of looks (2016 Prius, that Puma thing, Pontiac Aztec, etc.).

Explain the Miura.

Lamborghini's aren't supposed to be beautiful, they're supposed to look like things that you'd put rockets/missiles and laser beams on. When was the last time a Lamborghini could be called "beautiful"? They're just supposed to be insane. And in all, it's not that horrifying. There have been MUCH WORSE cars in terms of looks (2016 Toyota Prius, Toyota Mirai, that Puma thing, Pontiac Aztec, etc.).

It looks like an amalgamation of every Lamborghini model manufactured in the last 10 years. It just looks...wrong.

Back