Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 145 comments
Despite being leaked, Lamborghini has released a teaser for the Zentor- I mean, Centenario
wcf-lamborghini-centenario-partially-revealed-lamborghini-centenario.jpg

Oh god, in that colour it really looks like an ugly Zentorno.

It's like they've tried too hard to make something special for the anniversary. A bit of simplicity in the design would go a very long way. I don't like it. It's looks better then I thought it would, but not by much.

Hopefully they start the next century with something a bit nicer on the eyes :P

It actually doesn't look as horrid as the pictures from the other page made it out to be. While the color combination is not what I would've gone with, I think it looks great (wouldn't be the first time I'm not of the popular opinion).

Yep those leaked did not do it any justice.

Ha all those scoops, splitters, and diffusers, and they give it that tiny little baby spoiler.

Also, those intakes on the side look like they could swallow a small horse. But I guess they do need those to avoid catching on fire.

Overall I'd say it looks okay, but no Lamborghini should look "okay". I expect it to be quick, at least.

Man, what a mess. A pity too because the basic body design is solid, but all the vents, gills, appendices and stuff and more stuff that grows out of stuff kills it.

Typical over the top Lamborghini. I like the way this looks over the Veneno at least, but it still looks kinda strange. The back of it looks pretty terrible, as do the yellow accents.

I said it in the front page comments section, but I'll say it here too... when I first saw the leaked patent drawings, I thought it was the ugliest Lambo I'd ever seen. But now that the actual car has been revealed, I think it's the most beautiful Lambo I've ever seen. I'm not liking the wheels, but the front and back are just works of art.

After giving it a 2nd... and a 3rd look, it doesn't look that bad. The live pics helped a lot.

Still, the front is a complete mess...

Now I'm pretty sure that the Centenario is an excellent performer on the track, but the styling, it's just too much. Simplicity in the design would make it look more appealing, and less like one of those fantasy Hot-Wheels cars.

I want to like the Centenario, but I just can't. I hate to say it, but it's not exactly pleasing to the eye.

VXR
If they really wanted to celebrate, they should've released a tractor-powered Off road Aventador.

Or an Aventador powered tractor. :P

-------

I don't know about the styling though for the Centenario. At the moment I think it's ugly, but sometimes you need to see a car a few times before coming to any conclusions, especially with what I see as over complicated designs. Often it's a case of "I don't like it because it's not what I'm used to." And I later decide that I like it, and all is good. But at the moment I don't see that happening.

Car seems to be something one can be confused with. Where you can find probably more than one angel of it you hate, cause it seems like Lambo extremes at it's best like the Veneno was entirely made of. But then there are angles that are just as liked due to them reminding of a better time for Lamborghing, like the Diablo or early cycle of the Murci and Gallardo that led to the craziness we see today.

Also it shows why people shouldn't trust CAD files, cause those (depending on who made them and exact program) can be exaggeration of what the car will really look like.

Also it shows why people shouldn't trust CAD files, cause those (depending on who made them and exact program) can be exaggeration of what the car will really look like.
This ^ That's kind of what i was saying earlier, to those with concerns about the front and rear overhangs.

If any of you have ever assembled a 1:24 scale Tamiya race car model kit, and come to the part in the instruction booklet, where it shows you to apply decals. The third angle orthographic projections make the car look way off, even though they're accurately scaled drawings.

Last edited:
Back