Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 145 comments
It looks like an amalgamation of every Lamborghini model manufactured in the last 10 years. It just looks...wrong.
The parts I think are lazy are the Aventador engine cover and squished Huracan nose. The back though... :drool:

It's clearly based on the Aventador, the Numbers of the production suggest this is a Aventador Generation Reventon.
The engine will probably make the Basis for the Updated Aventador.

Lamborghini's aren't supposed to be beautiful, they're supposed to look like things that you'd put rockets/missiles and laser beams on. When was the last time a Lamborghini could be called "beautiful" (barring the Miura)? They're just supposed to be insane. And in all, it's not that horrifying. There have been MUCH WORSE cars in terms of looks (2016 Toyota Prius, Toyota Mirai, that Puma thing, Pontiac Aztec, etc.).
I disagree with your statement that being stupid is an excuse for being ugly, especially when the supposed insanity is coming from a watered down cliche of jet fighter styling. For me, the perfect example of what a modern Lamborghini should really be is the Murcielago SV because that is imposing, beautiful and very Lamborghini, that should be the watermark for current Lamborghini design but they've decided it's better to beat a dead horse with their traditional V12 cars (Aventador, Aventador SV, Veneno, this) and go for, fairly ironically, the safe option of being an overstyled piece of crap whos only purposes in life are to be bought by either rich collectors or sons of rich Saudi Sheiks to show off to girls in the vein hope of sleeping with them.

This is not what a Lamborghini should be, and that's probably the worst part of this monstrosity.

I don't know... I genuinely like most Lamborghini's cars up until about 2005 and later. Yes they have a unique look/style and they always have. But in recent years they have just become over the top and look like they are out of a Hot Wheels catalog. They're actually quite laughable sometimes

It kinda looks like a Ford GT front attached to an Aventador and slightly crushed. It's like it's trying to be more restrained in the styling to honor the past but it just comes out wrong. It's certainly not an excellent example of celebrating the past...

FrzGT
latest

For me that's the most hideous Lamborgini ever. It looks like a Tamiya Mini 4WD racer.

I disagree with your statement that being stupid is an excuse for being ugly, especially when the supposed insanity is coming from a watered down cliche of jet fighter styling. For me, the perfect example of what a modern Lamborghini should really be is the Murcielago SV because that is imposing, beautiful and very Lamborghini, that should be the watermark for current Lamborghini design but they've decided it's better to beat a dead horse with their traditional V12 cars (Aventador, Aventador SV, Veneno, this) and go for, fairly ironically, the safe option of being an overstyled piece of crap whos only purposes in life are to be bought by either rich collectors or sons of rich Saudi Sheiks to show off to girls in the vein hope of sleeping with them.

Isn't that basically EVERY Supercar/Hypercar in recent memory?

No, because they're never designed to be fashion statements.

Thing is, they end up having that exact same thing happen. There's enough videos on YouTube to back that up, so much you could make a entire movie out of them.

Thing is, they end up having that exact same thing happen. There's enough videos on YouTube to back that up, so much you could make a entire movie out of them.
Which isn't my point at all. What I'm saying is that modern Lamborghinis are designed as a fashion statement, rather than ending up as one.

I simply don't understand their obsession with jet fighter styling. The Reventon was OK and the Sesto Elemento was pretty slick, but the Veneno and Egoista or whatever that canopy trainwreck up there is called, is simply tacky.

VXR
What's it celebrating? 40 years of generic sci-fi styling? The more I look at it, the worse it gets.

The only thing to redeem this mess would be a Feisar livery, which I'll be inclined to do if it ends up polluting Forza.

Why not take a random car and do that anyways? Good idea there.

Imagine someone with moderate drawing skills and an okay memory who has never seen a Lamborghini, or any supercar. They take 4 shots of tequila and maybe a few stout beers as chasers. Once they're all boozed up you show him a photo of an aventador from each angle for 3 seconds. The next morning you ask him to push through the intense hangover and draw what he saw the night before.

I feel like this would be the result.

I love how the splitter says "no step"... like really?? :lol:

It was done on purpose just like the block print "air intake" on the nose section. This is done to give the look and idea of a military fighter jet, not because they felt their clients would actually think to use it as a stepping piece while trying to windex the cockpit early Saturday mornings.

The more I look at it, it looks as if they're trying to make a modern day Alfa Romeo Carabo.

It still looks ugly as sin, but for those concerned about the overhangs, they won't look as pronounced in real life as they do in the side on shot. That particular view (although probably an accurate measurement) lacks the feel of depth you get in real life.

It looks like they had five minutes to design a new car and only had the front end of one Lambo and the rear end of another. Should call it the Cutoshuto.

Explain the Miura.

Anyone who says the Countach, Diablo, and Murcielago are anything but beautiful is a lunatic.

The Countach, especially, is one of the most beautiful pieces of late 1960s Italian design, in any disipline.

The narrative that Lamborghini's have to look like jet fighters is pretty damaging to the company's future and design diversity, in my opinion.

The narrative that Lamborghini's have to look like jet fighters is pretty damaging to the company's future and design diversity, in my opinion.

It just isn't sustainable. Only so many random angles and surfaces can go on one until it turns out like a low-pixel 3D printed toy car.

It's a mish-mash of current Lamborghini styling clues. It says nothing about where the company is going, or where it's been. What a wasted opportunity.

I like the side profile. I even quite like the overhangs, but from every other angle it looks like a Reventon that's started morphing into a giant slug.

I think it would've been better if they'd referenced their history as best they could without being openly retro. So cuboid intakes from the Countach and the clamshell rear of the Miura for example.

This entire thread was my reaction to the Egoista, Sesto Elemento and Reventón. Seeing this and knowing it'll actually go on the road instead of the Asterion is just sad.

Wouldn't that have been the Asterion? Or perhaps the Estoque? Lamborghini does a bad job of making cars that real humans would want to buy, in my book. With Porsche, Audi, and Bentley all in the same market space, it is hard for them to do what (as you point out) is the right thing to do. I mean, maybe in a post-Urus world, it could happen.

But isn't the Urus facing the exact same issue? SUV market is arguably even more occupied by VW brands than GT.

When was the last time a Lamborghini could be called "beautiful" (barring the Miura)?

Asterion LPI 910-4 in 2014. But if you only think about flagship V12s, LP670 in 2009.

Back