Lamborghini Uncovers The Italian Job's Missing Miura, Lost for 50 Years

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by GTPNewsWire, May 7, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2019
  2. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder

I remember being so upset when I first saw this film as a car mad child - the Miura was one of my favourite cars. Seeing the clip now I notice that the car pushed off the cliff has no engine or gearbox. Also what looks like a black Fiat Dino at 4.15.

3. kikie

kikie Premium

Benny Hill was also an actor? I know him from the Benny Hill show as a comedian.

There is something about those old supercars, like this Miura, that I really like.

4. Famine

Famine Administrator

Comedians - especially sketch show comedians - are actors too.

If you've somehow never seen The Italian Job, he plays a perverted professor obsessed with "big" women. He's also in a couple of other relatively big British films of the time too - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines.

5. BadFlounder

BadFlounder

That is one gorgeous car. I especially love the color.

6. Corsa

Corsa Premium

This article made me smile because for once there's no talk of it's worth one billion dollars.

It's nice to just appreciate the car and watch the video. Our society is obsessed with placing monetary value on everything.

Great job @Joey D

7. Tyger

Tyger

This one hits a bulldozer head on and gets pushed off a cliff, another one burned to a cinder in London but allegedly it buffed out (OK admittedly that actually happened). Cue "one does not simply kill a Miura" meme.

8. sirjim73

sirjim73

Great article! Great car, great scene.

Plus Terry Parsons the bus driver from Shoreditch in London sure did have some voice...

I hope they let this be seen around and about for the 50th anniversary.

I remember seeing the original Bullitt Mustang at Goodwood Festival of Speed last year (also a 50th anniversary and rediscovered by Ford when the owner's son got in touch after he died) and that was a truly memorable sight. Fingers crossed for the Miura going up the hill this year!

Joey D likes this.
  9. LivingWithGames

LivingWithGames

So, the car has been re-found after these 50 damned years...?

And people say to put past waters behind us, forget the old things and move on. It's never that simple, especially when comes to a Miura, but not just any. The one from the very film, one of the more old legendary films, at that.

An undying relic.