Lamborghini Uncovers The Italian Job's Missing Miura, Lost for 50 Years

I remember being so upset when I first saw this film as a car mad child - the Miura was one of my favourite cars. Seeing the clip now I notice that the car pushed off the cliff has no engine or gearbox. Also what looks like a black Fiat Dino at 4.15.

Benny Hill was also an actor? I know him from the Benny Hill show as a comedian.

There is something about those old supercars, like this Miura, that I really like.

Benny Hill was also an actor? I know him from the Benny Hill show as a comedian.
Comedians - especially sketch show comedians - are actors too.

If you've somehow never seen The Italian Job, he plays a perverted professor obsessed with "big" women. He's also in a couple of other relatively big British films of the time too - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines.

This one hits a bulldozer head on and gets pushed off a cliff, another one burned to a cinder in London but allegedly it buffed out (OK admittedly that actually happened). Cue "one does not simply kill a Miura" meme.

Great article! Great car, great scene.

Plus Terry Parsons the bus driver from Shoreditch in London sure did have some voice...

I hope they let this be seen around and about for the 50th anniversary.

I remember seeing the original Bullitt Mustang at Goodwood Festival of Speed last year (also a 50th anniversary and rediscovered by Ford when the owner's son got in touch after he died) and that was a truly memorable sight. Fingers crossed for the Miura going up the hill this year!

So, the car has been re-found after these 50 damned years...?

And people say to put past waters behind us, forget the old things and move on. It's never that simple, especially when comes to a Miura, but not just any. The one from the very film, one of the more old legendary films, at that.

An undying relic.

Back